Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpine themed water park in Scarborough

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to (or even heard of) Alpamare? www.alpamare.co.uk/
It's an Alpine themed water park which opened in Scarborough a month or so ago.
Built by a German company (I think).
Seems to be getting pretty good reviews - this from an article I've just found online (sounds like PR blurb).
"It boasts adrenaline inducing waterslides, which are the UK’s longest and fastest, a giant indoor wave pool that erupts every 30 minutes with metre-high waves, an outdoor garden pool and an iodine infinity pool with massage jets, whirlpools and bubble benches - both heated to 35 degrees Celsius. If that wasn’t enough, there will also be a relaxing terrace overlooking Scarborough’s coastline and landscaped gardens with sunbeds, a pool bar and a restaurant. A luxury European Thermal Spa is also set to open in early 2017."
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saw an article on it on the local Beeb when it opened. It:
- looked impressive but the place was completely rammed.
- apparently costs an absolute arm & a leg to get in - people interviewed were moaning about the cost.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've not been to it, but I know a lot of the locals were disappointed at the pricing not being accessible for regular visits
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In what way is it "alpine themed"?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alpamare was originally a water park opened in Bad Tölz (south of Munich and within sight of the Alps) in 1970. This closed in 2015. There is a wikipedia page with details in German- https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpamare_(Bad_Tölz). In the meantime there were similar developments in Switzerland (taken over by a Spanish company). Since the Scarborough park uses the same logo, I assume there is some connection but presumably the commercial link is the only alpine theme Laughing Laughing

Note: the forum software doesn't handle links with umlauts (or maybe parentheses?) in them correctly but, if you go over the link in the post, you can find the proper link to the Bad Tölz Alpamare page.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@espri, was taken completely by surprise by the closure. I wanted to go down there with the kids in Sept. 15 and just wanted to check on the opening times... gone! A massive shame imo cos Alpamare was one of the main attractions for Bad Tölz. I used to really enjoy the thermal waters and the kids loved the rides. Hope they finally sort something out.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The trouble with UK waterparks is they are always drastically too small for the amount of sunshine this country actually receives; and they are always inevitably full of the very worst kind of people - the ones you deliberately avoid in the street.

Find yourself a thousand quid and spend a week at Atlantis Dubai Very Happy Very Happy you can get an underground hotel room with glass walls into the shark tank
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Presumably the concept of an 'Alpine themed waterpark' is just an excuse for the management not to heat the water in the pool?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All the slides etc are second hand and came from the closed park in Germany. I believe the parent company is Swiss. £60 for a family of 4 and its not all open yet!

The lack of heat in the water was blamed for the late opening, local rumour was the fire suppression system was still to be commissioned. Locals are waiting to see if there is a decently priced winter season deal (big sis lives about 400m away.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
....always inevitably full of the very worst kind of people - the ones you deliberately avoid in the street...
You mean like....Snowheads?? wink Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
chocksaway wrote:
£60 for a family of 4 and its not all open yet!

Excuse my ignorance but that doesn't seem that bad to me? Family of 4 in our local 25m swimming pool is about £25

My above reference to Atlantis Dubai is about £45 per person
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@dp, Well that depends on the demographics of the visitor and the relative wealth of thet area of the country........
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
To assume that everyone is rich in Dubai basically gets you well versed on the stereotypes, but falls well short of the reality.

Most of the population of Dubai are on far, far less money than most of the UK. People sleeping 4 to a room is far more common because they can't afford any better.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dp:-As a champion of Atlantis in Dubai, wondered if you ever visited ICELAND, (no not the shop or the country), but the water park in Fujairah?. Best water park in the UAE.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@dp, I wasn't talking about Dubai - I have never been, I was talking about Scarborough where I have and therefore I am talking facts not stereotypes.
ski holidays
Back to the question about the Alpine theme, the waterslides have skiing related names e.g. Cresta Run, Black Run and Snow Storm.
So there is a link, if a little tenuous!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy