Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New lift in Alpe d'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Replacing the slow chairlift on Signal.

New blue run

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They have removed the two steep drags next to them too, I was there in the summer when they were starting to remove the old lifts Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Speaking to a pisteur last week who mentioned that for next winter(2017/2018) they will be replacing the Clos Giraud lift and the slow slow lift at the bottom of the Fare black into Vaujany.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 26-09-16 12:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Which one is the Clos Giraud lift ?

Slightly mixed feelings about the slow lift up from the bottom of the Fare. The Fare is often very quiet - and I suspect one of the reasons is that getting up from the bottom to Vaujany is a bit of a pain. I wonder whether a new lift will change that ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@howiet, not quite clear as to when the new 'clos giraud' lift will open - do you mean for the winter coming 2016/7 or the one thereafter? Back in Oz again in February 2017 and would love to see the back of that lift..so so so slow.. And cold, oh and so so so slow.....In fact many of the lifts are merdique in that area personally I would like to see the Alpette replaced - and Poutran - in fact why are French resorts' lifts generally so poor compared to say Austria? Thinking Flaine, French side of PdS etc. The lift passes are similar prices. There is virtual monopoly in supply of lift equipment so how come the Austrians can afford to put decent, often heated, lifts in whilst the French keep the old park benches on a bit of piano wire Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jonty, clos giraud is the tectonically slow ancient lift that goes from top of Montfrais back up to Alpette where the cable car from Vaujany joins with the Alpette lift from Oz. Feels quicker to ski down to Montfrais and then get the dogleg lift to Vaujany cable car back up than take the clos giraud
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sorry meant next winter 2017/2018.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To be honest I do not think it would be an exaggeration to say that all the chairlifts in the Vaujany area need replacing. They are operated by SPL Oz-Vaujany, that belongs to Allemont, Oz and Vaujany villages who might be saving all their cash for the Allemont-Oz link, who knows Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah - we call it (rather unimaginatively) the `chilly chair` in our family. Painfully slow - and often exposed to a freezing wind.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Any more news on the Allemont - Oz link ? Or is still out for consultation. Keep thinking I ought to buy somewhere in Allemont.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The issue seems to be the locals in Allemont don't want it due to parking and noise issues. The ski company offered to have the 'noisy' mechanical part of the lift at the end, not the beginning in Allemont. I'm sure there was a public consultation/vote in July but I haven't heard the outcome.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skitow, I don't disagree. Vaujany is allegedly loaded as has some pipeline running through it which earns commune a small fortune. Interested to learn more of the Allemont link - are there any plans published?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I saw this http://www.isere.gouv.fr/Publications/Consultations-enquetes-publiques/Consultation-du-public/Autres-consultations-du-public/Projet-d-UTN-liaison-teleportee-entre-la-vallee-d-Allemont-et-la-station-d-Oz-en-Oisans

I think a lift from Allemont wouldn`t be too good for Oz Station. I get the impression (possibly wrongly) that a number of the businesses are hanging on as it is.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@howiet, My french is not good enough to be totally sure, but does this not mean they voted for it in Allemont ?

[img][/img]
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think it says the local council are in favour. I will try and find out some more info.
ski holidays
@howiet, Yes that maybe makes sense as it says the bottom lift station would be built on the existing council depot, which maybe means the council will need to buy some more land from "someone" to relocate it........
snow report
@howiet, @skitow, yes it also says that the local recycling depot/ amenity tip and sports field would need locating to a different area. Negotiations are ongoing to purchase 7000sqm of land to relocate these services (the recycling depot/ tip would be to a different area). I also read it as being dependent on the relocation of state run services being agreeable. Not yet a done deal but progress since the idea was launched 5 years ago.
snow conditions
Snowsartre wrote:
@skitow, I don't disagree. Vaujany is allegedly loaded as has some pipeline running through it which earns commune a small fortune. Interested to learn more of the Allemont link - are there any plans published?

There is a pipeline from the Grand Maison dam which runs through the commune. The big EDF power station you see at the far end of the lake(just where you turn up to Vaujany) is classed as being in Vaujany. People who live in the commune I think get free water and maybe cheaper electricity(or maybe it's only the EDF workers). As you said they receive yearly rental income from EDF. I would love to know how much!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy