Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SMT - Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Has anyone used SMT in Mayrhofen for young kids (my kids are 7 & 5)?

What group sizes do they run and are they mixed English / German etc?

Any experience or views you have are welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @Bennyboy1,

We went with identically aged kids March this year. We used Mayrhofen 3000 ski school and whilst it worked out ok I couldn't heartily recommend them. The group sizes started too large and initial teaching for complete beginners wasn't great, one seemingly disinterested teacher and one left with far too many kids to handle. They swapped it about a bit as the week went on and our kids did enjoy it but still had reservations.

Depends on if your children have skied before too. 3000 used the Ahorn which really is very well suited to beginners but is a bit of a schlep from the main area up Penken. I had lessons with SMT on Penken and they were well organised and run for the adult groups so definite plus there. However don't know if the same for children's lessons and they use snow gardens at the top of Penken for kids. Those looked fine but progression from there for beginners might be tricky, mix of reds and blues which are fine but not entirely beginner progression friendly!

On ski school merit I'd give SMT a go though with reservations about Penken fir easy confidence building progression.

Lots of waffle sorry, hope at least somewhat helpful Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Rowlski, thank you. I think the Penken side would be easier for pick up etc but hear you on progression off the baby slopes. My 7 year old would be fine,5 year old more nervous.

Great info thank you.

Anyone else with experience of SMT do shout.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @Bennyboy1, SMT have a good reputation and will have a lot of English kids in the school. My recommendation however would be to look at http://skimayrhofen.com/en/ . This is where my nephew(6) goes and they are awesome.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@MayrhofenOnline, thanks for the tip. Do they provide lunch for the kids if needed? I cannot see on their website.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another one to look for, although I don't know if they are operating this season is the Huber ski school...the ones in the blue jackets, they always get a really good name around town.

just don't use Die Roten Profis.....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy