Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 23 Jaunuary

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Great day. Clear blue skies, wonderful visibility, the sun was providing just enough warmth to lunch on the terrace at Chez Dany but the air temp stayed cool enough to keep the snow good and firm.

Col des Mines a bit crunchy first thing this am. By 4pm Fontenays was in great condition, uncrowded pistes in perfect condition. No snow due for the rest of the week, but it's going to stay cold so the pistes will stay in in good nick.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i am out there 2-6 feb with a group of friends lets hope the conditions stay as good between now and then , although hopefully we could have a top up by then?????
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[b]hedley[/) Wings 'n me out here for a couple of weeks. Talk in le Pub Mont Fort this eve is of somthing due on Thurs. Whatever you'll be fine if it stays good 'n cold. Where u staying?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we are staying at chalet la duire near medran lift station found it very dificult to get weekend accomadation
but using mountain beds agency managed to get this one although its not cheap never been to verbier before although well travelled elsewhere so we are all looking forward to it looks like some snow on the way towards the end of the weekend Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just back from a trip. South and West facing slopes getting a little worn and or icy. Some good skiing still to be had on north facing slopes, though care needs to be taken with stones and occasional rocks even here. Could do with a top up though for people going out and if in doubt hire rather than bring your own skis if new.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
T Bar, we got back at the weekend and that pretty much sums up our experience as well. I was on hire skis and that made the week more relaxing! We spent a fair amount of the week around Tortin and Fontenay, both of which were pretty good.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alan empty,
I was on rentals as well and in fact gave them back in pretty good nick. Skied around Tortin which was fine though the entrance into the Chassoure run was a little rocky. I don't know the area well as it was the first time I have skied there other than a day years ago. Where is Fontenay? I don't see it on the map.

We skied a fair bid on the North side of the Savolyeres and down Vallon d'Arbi which had pretty good snow and was very attractive. Some good skiing over in Thyon as well. I would love to go back with more snow in the area as I was pretty impressed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
T Bar, Fontenay is the area with the bump run in between La Chaux and Les Ruinettes. I think it probably shows as an itinery on the piste map. Some good bumps and some nice snow off to the sides as well. It's a little bit difficult to find, despite being pretty central, and tends to be very quiet.

Yeah, Vallon d'Arbi was pretty nice, although the run in can be hairy over the waterfall. The top of the Chassoure was quite bare - we traversed all the way round, and walked over some rocks to find some nicer snow.

I like Verbier a lot but I think it can be a difficult place to get to know. We've had 3 days with one of Warren Smith's guys for the past couple of seasons so I'm getting to know the area a little better. I can certainly understand why some people aren't so keen but it works for me. And for you too, by the sounds of it Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alan empty,
Thanks I don't think we found Fontenay. The traverse into Vallon d'Arbi had got a snow wall around the downhill edge when we went so it was not intimidating but was a little stoney Definately worked for us on most grounds except price. Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy