Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2016/2017

Poster: A snowHead
@huntleth, yes as you can see pistes are in fabarou condition Toofy Grin

Was off games last week with the usual mountain bug.

I'm going up the hill shortly for a social ski.

Forecast as ever keep changing, my snow god mates arrives 16th and guide whatsapped him this for Val Maira forecast 15/1 12 cm, 16/1 38 cm and 17/1 32 cm. Let's see how it goes, but could be great! but for the life of me I can't find any forecast resembling that!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice @rse Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As you can see really busy on the Vallons this morning - and that's actually a pisteur below us.

Good social ski with a couple of friends and then one of them mentioned how they had arranged to meet some others at the Bivouac must have been about 12 of them and they all had properties in Chantermerle though were not necessarily Geezonaires as they did not do the whole season flitting back and forth, though evidently had met a few couples before, but couldn't remember which is always impressive rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Does anyone know which areas nearest to Serre Che are getting hit by the current storm?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mosha Marc, keeps changing, and for the worst - six hours ago Sunday was looking promising, even had KenX texting me saying how he was mildly excited and since that the snow has disappeared from Sunday - oh well just hope it will come back.

In the meantime to answer your question LDA and La Grave look to get better accumulations than us.
http://www.meteociel.fr/previsions/39996/les_deux_alpes.htm
http://www.meteociel.fr/previsions/1807/la_grave.htm
http://www.meteociel.fr/previsions/1900/la_salle_les_alpes.htm

Was having a chat with a guide friend who lives in La Grave and he was saying how snow pack down to P2 is pretty good - so could be option for you next week.

Friday / Saturday looks like playing around here on the lifts as resort should be empty
Sunday to me looks like ski touring Lautaret
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, thanks. I'd heard that La Grave was getting some, so there and/or LDA should be easy days out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weathercam wrote:
@Mosha Marc, keeps changing, and for the worst - six hours ago Sunday was looking promising, even had KenX texting me saying how he was mildly excited and since that the snow has disappeared from Sunday - oh well just hope it will come back.

Looks like it has Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@KenX, YR not convinced still has wall to wall sunshine. Meteociel has a dribble - and amounts keep changing for Thurs / Fri so I think we should at least have a reasonable coverage off piste over the existing snow pack, whilst Northern Resorts need loads more as they never had that initial coverage.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's some stuff falling out of the sky - but I would not class it as winter precipitation just yet Toofy Grin

Though up the valley towards Lautaret looking bleak.

OH is just in the process of FaceBooking with Joe Vallone about some feature idea so should get an idea of what it's like in La Grave now vs here
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Finally have a dusting in the garden .
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Live "Vlog" from Serre Chevalier Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/eYmZpuyYyiA
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dood, I'm so totally stoked!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Still snowing.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ironically a Chalet company not to far from me have just posted on FB
"The snow continues! Grab a last minute deal for next week ONLY £299pp in our catered chalet and there is forecasted to be 40cm of fresh snow waiting for you" and a photo taken last year implying it's today with around 20cm of fresh rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hells Bells, think you'll wake up to 6" Toofy Grin
snow report
Just got down after a day skiing with the ARB Briancon, part of their role is maintaining the walking trails, snowing all day in the Monetier/Villeneuve area, not masses but anything's welcome after almost 2 months of nothing!
Good to look down on the valley and see snow on the roofs once more, hopefully more to come at the weekend Very Happy
snow conditions
Weathercam wrote:

ooh at least wink
latest report
I've been skiing so much on-piste the past 5 or 6 weeks that I went and ordered a pair of slalom skis Shocked
This of course will guarantee a dump of fresh snow as soon as they arrive on Friday..........
Probably the best money I've spent this season then Laughing
ski holidays
In your dreams wink
ski holidays
@Mosha Marc, is that post aimed at me or Hells Bells Laughing
snow report
Ah, it were for Helen.

I used to have a pair of slalom skis - great fun on piste Very Happy
snow report
@Weathercam, I linked your Vlog to my lot on WhatsApp.

First reply: "Who's that loony. We need him in our group!"

Laughing
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:

Ooh Matron...
latest report
Well we went chasing all the "pow" and quite frankly shouldn't have bothered.

Did look semi encouraging as we drove through Monetier and looked like they'd had double to what we had, 2cm vs 1cm rolling eyes

Then by Le Pont de l'Alpe looked like they'd hardly had any.

Parked up at our usual spot just before the big tunnel and headed out with Les Chiens. As we were climbing over the barrier met a couple of Frenchies who had just finished saying how cold it was and very windy, but some wind blow to be found.

As we climbed up we crossed the ski du fond piste a couple of times.

It very quickly became obvious that the descent was not going to be great. Climbing at times was quite technical and I was really having to bash a track for the OH, we should have had crampons would have been a damn site easier.

By the road I decided to call it a day, as wind was really kicking in and a lot of snow would have been transported above where we were to traverse (don't usually take that route), and one dog was looking very cold, needles to say the other "bitches" didn't complain when I made that call Toofy Grin

Lovely off piste terrain

And some actual tracks in the windblown stashes but uber hard work.

I really hope we get at least 20cm over the next couple of days and no wind - but hey ho it is January.
latest report
On the bright side, there was 5cm of fresh snow above Frejus today when LynnX and I went up, hardly pow but a welcome top-up for the pistes which were still in great shape Very Happy
snow report
Heads up for Petrol Heads - this weekend we have the Andros Trophy at the Ice Racing Circuit
http://www.circuitserrechevalier.com/trophee-andros.htm

Has not been here for four years and is a major event, in the past huge crowds came to Serre for the event, however I was hearing last night that there are major politics at play between the circuit and Serre Chevalier Tourist office - that's why you'll hardly see each party publicising each other!!!

And that's why PACA have taken over the sponsorship etc and no mention of Serre Che rolling eyes

And yes there's the little matter of a perceived snow fall over the next 48hrs with various sites giving various predictions as ever wait and see.

I've seen CAF Briancon have been doing a weekly sortie (ski touring) but what with family / illness and knowing what conditions are like off piste have not been tempted, but as ever you always get that feeling of that you might have missed out and then this was posted on their FB yesterday, so I don't feel too bad.

Bonjour à tous,
Nous avons du mal à trouver des idées de rando avec ces conditions actuelles.
Il y aura une sortie samedi peut être au pic E de côte belle ou secteur Lautaret . Je ferais le point jeudi soir au caf a 18h.
snow report
Double post sorry

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 12-01-17 10:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Booger; we'll just miss that as we arrive Sunday.

Is the off piste as poor as CAF Briancon suggests?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mosha Marc, after yesterday's little excursion I'd say yes!

Where we parked up yesterday there were a few guides vans - Azimut being one operator, so taking their "booked" clients out.

We have the luxury of being able to say "sod those conditions" as there will be other days (hopefully), where as the likes of your group will have to grin and bear it.

Thing is the snow pack off piste is so varied (see those two pics from yesterday) you have to be a good skier to make the most of it, and by good I mean able to ski all types of snow pack without reverting to a snow plough!

Think you're with Gavin so you're going to be doing lift accessed off piste as opposed to ski touring so then next week will all depend on what we get in the next 48hrs and hopefully the winds will not ruin it.

I'm going down to CAF tonight but sometimes with by French I can't get all the nuances of snow pack conditions.
ski holidays
@Weathercam, we knew most days would be lift accessed, but had hoped for a couple of days touring with him too. We're VERY inexperienced tourers (we all did one day last year), but keen to get into it.

As it's just us, we can say "sod it" too!
snow report
@Mosha Marc, well if you all get a lift pass for the week, then you can do what we call slack country, take a lift up and then drop off the back and skin back up into resort.

That might well be on the cards for Sat as opposed to going out with the CAF
ski holidays
@KenX, Mmmmmm

Staggering differences between (as ever) here and La Grave

http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/neige/la-grave-la-meije/050631

http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/neige/serre-chevalier/050231

So me now thinks LG Saturday ?
latest report
Glad we hired a van Cool
ski holidays
Just back from CAF Briancon and 4 degrees and rain, Chantermerle 2.5 sleet, Villeneuve 1.5 snow, Monetier -0.5 and puking

Might be doing a tour now on Sat - will make mind up tomorrow night.
ski holidays
Great news ref the Andros Trophy. We will have to sacrifice a day skiing.
Sunday: Andros trophy
Monday and Tuesday: Skiing
Weds,Thurs, Fri and Sat: Monte Carlo Rally
A bit of everything.
Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Think cam might be interesting to look at in the morning - back online at 08:00 - been snowing steady now but still only a couple of cms.

http://www.stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html
snow conditions
It'll be al'wight in the morning Very Happy
snow report
Dumping up in Monetier, and we're going home in the morning Sad
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, Col might be interesting in the morning if this keeps up along with wind at altitude, what are your plans?
latest report
Just down from a great morning ski with @Weathercam, boot-deep or more in places and very cold with gale force squalls at times, wind chill was -33C at the top, took me 10 minutes with my fingers in the heater vents before I could feel them again Shocked (worth it though!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy