Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LaTania or Courchevel - Affordable but nice Hotel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm a single planning trip 3 valleys either Courchevel or La Tania. Planned to stay at Hotel Telemark in La Tania. Good price and seems charming (enough) but their staff on booking is super DIM. After about 10 e-mails back and forth with her, my reservations are a bit screwed up and I've already booked my flights etc. Can anyone suggest an alternative? I am one person only, so my options are a bit limited. I don't want to shell out for a 4/5 star but I am afraid to end up with a bad trip by picking the wrong 3 star. Puzzled

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 24-01-06 13:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only one other hotel in La Tania - Le Montana. Decent enough but single supplement may be prohibitive. Could be worth checking out some of the chalet / apartment companies at http://www.latania.co.uk/specials.htm. - they may have the odd room spare.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kkev, Hello Kkev. Can you tell me if LeTelemark is worth the trouble? It has been like pulling teeth making the reservation and today I was told I am going to have to change rooms for the last night. I don't like the look of rooms in Montana (saw on site) So I am trying to decide if I will need to spend a bit more a move over to Courchevel?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A few years ago since I stayed at the Montana - was ok then. Now run by NBV / Eurogroup so not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Had a balcony in the sunshine overlooking the piste which was great, food was good too (but I'm sure the chefs will have chnaged now....).

Telemark has some small rooms and some "modules" with 2 open plan rooms and a bathroom (great for families I suppose). Bar atmosphere is much better and the food is excellent (though not cheap). Nice setting in the trees too - quite different to the rich russian world of 1850!

If it's Courchevel 1850 you're talking about then it's very different to La Tania and I'd have thought the cost would put you off.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you don;t mind "budget" you could try The Mountain Centre in La Tania, especially as you're a single

http://www.themountaincentre.com/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ooops - just seen they run the telemark! surprises me as they've always had a good rep, not been personally though
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yeah, Mountain Centre not running this season, some problems with planning/politics apparantly. Just get in the Ski Lodge, buy the staff a pint and ask around - something will turn up. Go on I dare you!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Now run by NBV / Eurogroup so not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

BAD thing, definitely! You could try La Floride with Inghams in 1650 (on the piste, nice sunny terrace) or the Isba with Ski-Val in 1850 (middle of town, 2 mins to slopes), neither of which should cost an arm and a leg.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tatyanahill, you tried ringing one of the chalet companies?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, I tried all the internet sites selling rooms in both hotels and chalets. I only found typical chalets for groups.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
tatyanahill, might be worth a look on chaletsdirect.com if you haven't already. Most will let rooms individaully and not just the whole chalet
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy