Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zillertal 2016/17 Weather Report

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

A few cm forecast for tomorrow and a little more on Friday will hopefully freshen things up.

If it's not rain !!!! - I'm flying out on Thursday , fingers crossed for some sunshine
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow from 1800m today. Heavy rain in the valley at times tonight. Looking forward to tomorrow
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
well the weather forecast got it wrong today!!...3-4cm.. ehhh no!!

it snowed from first light high the way through till about 2pm started off quite light and wet but then built to some nice big flakes and heavy snow higher up.

about 10-15 cm on the upper loads.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
heavy rain all day in the village and the freezing level was very high has meant a rather unpleasant day.....it was snowing on the hill all day but it was a wet sticky snow...it should groom up well tonight and the low temps due tomorrow should help.

Avalanche rating now up to 4 over the whole Tux / Ziller area
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@enduroaid, I was watching the cameras, seeing the trees full of snow and thought it looked great. Goes to show how much the cams can fool.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is anyone out in Mayrhofen this week? Would be great to hear how the pistes are holding up with the rain.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bennyboy1 wrote:
Is anyone out in Mayrhofen this week? Would be great to hear how the pistes are holding up with the rain.

+1 - out in Mayrhofen, Hintertux etc next week - wondering what gear to take.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bennyboy1, put it this way, spent the other evening outside the Bruck'n'Stadl in Mayrhofen in just a T shirt. Was like a summer evening. Spent all my time up at Hintertux and it was terrific, able to ski the 1A all the way down to the valley floor as well but got v heavy by early afternoon. Up top and down as far as the Sommerbergalm it was great.

Didn't ski Mayrhofen itself. Could see that the home run from the Ahorn was still going and people I spoke to were all considering bussing it up to Tux.

@Grizzler, Around -8 and windy on top at 3250m and probably +15 in the valley so over to you!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Pruman, thank you. Sounds typical spring conditions then. Tuesday weather is looking wet up to 2000....

I think I am stuck on Penken etc for first few days so hope it's not too busy / cut up certainly doesn't look like it will freeze overnight for a few days at least.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks @Pruman, sounds as if there's at least summat left to go at Very Happy
With new snowboard and AM skis, spring conditions sound OK to me, digits crossed.
Weather forecasts seem to be sun except some rain/snow around Tues/Weds maybe?

Will try to post updates when out there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The forecast for the Hoff next week looks fairly typical for this time of the year, I can put up with a bit of slush as long as its hot and sunny in the village.

@Grizzler, make sure you take your shorts.

Having been there every year since 2001 between end of March and Mid April, at least 12 of the years have been like this, although the base this year must be close to its thinnest. A big dump of fresh is also not unusual but looks unlikely next week.

Unless the visibility looks very bad for Sunday we will head up to Hintertux.

Pics from the last 16 years at this time of the year, not updated for 2016 yet. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2124833&highlight=family#2124833

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was in Zillertal valley last week (from 18th - 25th) and regarding Snow condition, I would spend as much time as possible on Hintertux if I were you.
The good thing is there are enough snow on higher parts (above 2000m) of the Mayrhofen, Zillertal Arena and Konigsleiten, the bad thing is the snow is already soft at 10:00 - 11:00 o'clock in the morning. Lower down is a slush fest from the begining and the conditions deteriorate rapidly during the day. Valley runs are closed (Zillertal black piste 10, Eberharter run in Hochzillertal), except Ahorn run, but I doubt they will keep piste open for much time. Hochkrimml and Koenigsleiten pistes share the same fate.

I was in Hintertux on Tuesday and Friday. Piste 1 on Hintertux is still open, but in the afternoon is very very slushy with giant moguls. I had skied the piste on Tuesday and the final parts were so bad that on Friday I decided to use gondola to descent.

However... Hintertux above 2600m is fantastic! Perfect, grippy snow without ice plates...just poetry.

Enjoy your vacation as much you can...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have been skiing in Mayrhofen for last couple of days. Following the sun seems to be the best strategy. Over to the top of the tux 150 in the morning and doing the runs down to Rastkogel in the AM. Lovely piste conditions up there. Then mainly on the north facing slopes to either side of the Harikiri in the PM which seems to remain in good condition. Slush on south facing slopes and not worth trying from 11am onwards. Resort is v.quiet

Having a great time and kids love the sun Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spent the day up at Hintertux today. Wonderful conditions. Quiet pistes. Up high it was that lovely chalky snow. Great day.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
How was your trip JimboS?
latest report
Snowing on the mountain this morning. Very Happy
ski holidays
Ghost Dog wrote:
How was your trip JimboS?
Fantastic, 6 days of hot sun, thankfully it froze overnight every night so the south facing slopes were good in the morning and north perfect for the afternoons.

Tuxerfernhaus up at Hintertux was also great conditions.

Ahorn home run finally gave up the ghost by the end of the week due to the temps, hitting mid 20s by late afternoon.

No OP left anywhere due to lack of recent snow.

Last week of March has also got to be the quietest week of the season, nice.

Cheers

ski holidays
Cheers snowHead

(btw do you realize that you've forgotten to put nail polish on your left hand?)
ski holidays
I thought that was a stray olive Smile
ski holidays
Shed load of snow forecast. The Hoff hanging in until 24th April.
latest report
Shed load of snow forecast. The Hoff hanging in until 24th April.
snow report
Dumping today and cold. Wish I were there. Sad
ski holidays
Looking perfect today http://www.bergfex.com/mayrhofen/webcams/c1454/
snow report
@JimboS, I had tried to get there but it was working out too expensive Sad

Sod's law all the snow comes now!
latest report
Meant to close yesterday but there appear to be people skiing below Combibahn at mo.
snow report
How very odd. The Combi was running about 10am (our time) and there was a slalom course set up. All gone now and chair not running.
snow conditions
Slopes still looking perfect, amazing given how little snow there has been this year.

http://www.bergfex.com/mayrhofen/webcams/c1454/
ski holidays
Sad, runs down to Grillhof look great but no access. Unless you want to skin up Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is really galling to watch, heavy snow down to village.

http://www.bergfex.com/mayrhofen/webcams/c886/
ski holidays
annoying af ! Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy