Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jarden brands on the auction bock?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We haven't done this yet but

K2,Marker,Volkl, Dalbello,BCA,Line etc all potentially fall into a bucket marked "distractions". I'd expect 50% of them to die with someone picking up the jucier tidbits

https://sgbonline.com/newell-brands-to-close-some-businesses-this-year/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This list was from a few years back but Jardans brands from their K2 acquisition were...

Outdoor Solutions Group:
K2 Sports
K2 Skis
K2 Snowboarding
Volkl
Marmot
Adio
Line
Morrow
Planet Earth
Ride Snowboards
Cappel

Jardan also has a minor tentacle reaching into the Rossignol group, which is Rossignol (duh), Dynastar, Lange, and Look, assuming they still have it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So Seth's gone

http://www.powder.com/stories/news/seth-morrison-out-at-k2/#HqCPhVfrlO0Jo2Sj.97

Doesn't sound like its gonna get a lot of investment.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wow scott abraham laying in there in the comments section, a legend even bigger than Morrison. I guess Seth still has the supermarket to fall back on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice article laying it out here - kinda emphasises how huge ski cos are chickenfeed in the corporate world compared to selling storage tubs

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/16/k2-breakup-skier-seth-morrison/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Nice article laying it out here - kinda emphasises how huge ski cos are chickenfeed in the corporate world compared to selling storage tubs

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/09/16/k2-breakup-skier-seth-morrison/

Very good thank you.

Feels as if a golden age of R&D/advamces and online pricing might be coming to an end. And in resort rental offers also going to come under more pressure.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mishmash, hardly an end to any golden age, when the pressure is coming from bright engineers in their garage.

Some of my favourite brands in there. Wouldn't appreciate their demise.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd guess someone will pick up at least Volkl and Marker and BCA.

Marmot will go as a name only deal.

K2 is more problematic - they've been slapping the name on everything from Helmets , boots to probes and skins recently. Not sure that is necessary and the skis have gone down the toilet in terms of fun over the past decade IMV. Possibly a badge engineering candidate.

I would have said Ride snowboards had enough history to stand alone again but I suspect K2 snowboarding has probably overtaken them and might be the most missed on that side.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So Seth's gone

Anyone bet against Seth going to Black Crows? Cham connections, plus they've been snapping up big US names lately.

Out of the Jarden brands, I'd assume at least Völkl and Marker will be safe.

I guess Black Crows, Faction and Armada are feeling pretty good right now though!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was thinking exactly that - Black Crows have been making statements of intent in the US and this could tip them into the big leagues.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@mishmash, hardly an end to any golden age, when the pressure is coming from bright engineers in their garage.

Some of my favourite brands in there. Wouldn't appreciate their demise.

Sure - all these indie brands struggling to compete with the Goliaths. I meant if golden for the consumer in terms of price and choice - if Jarden/Newall can't make an adequate economic return at their size and scale and now throw in the towel, then prices must surely rise.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
clarky999 wrote:
So Seth's gone

Anyone bet against Seth going to Black Crows? Cham connections, plus they've been snapping up big US names lately.

Out of the Jarden brands, I'd assume at least Völkl and Marker will be safe.

I guess Black Crows, Faction and Armada are feeling pretty good right now though!

Seth to Down surely!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mishmash, I see what you mean, but I'm not sure you are right. Mass market in Europe I see Decathlon doing very well across the board. Cheap and reasonable skis, etc. And great value for money clothing (even if the designed seems to be colour blind)...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
... I would have said Ride snowboards had enough history to stand alone again but I suspect K2 snowboarding has probably overtaken them and might be the most missed on that side.

I'm not sure; I don't really do "brands" as the manipulation involved is so transparent once you're grown up. There are obviously differences in (say) Mervin versus Burton, but most "brands" don't go that deep.

K2 were there early (the Gyrator, later the Eldo), but they also had the "fruit booter" stuff and even skis (!).
Ride has been extremely popular with Brits for reasons I'm not clear on. I have some of their pants, which aren't bad, but I assume they come out of the same Chinese factories everyone else's rags come from...

Whatever, they're only brands. I seem to recall reading some "history of K2" photo book on a down day last year which I think stopped with the Jarden acquisition. I suppose brand profusion works whilst the market is there for it, but in a shrinking market it's just increased marketing cost and more product for those "outlet" places to remainder...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't forget Line, Full Tilt and Dabello from the list too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy