Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Visas for Brits

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Times have changed. Pre 1975 you could smoke on aircraft, take your Swiss Army knife on board and sit the kids on a pile of pillows in the back of the car.

It seems unlikely that the status quo ante 1975 will be back.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ansta1 wrote:
Crimes of Moral Turpitude..

I was never quite sure what that meant - was it something to do with sniffing paint thinners? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ansta1 wrote:
Most of them with criminal records are probably already out there, and a criminal record is not a significant bar to international travel....

Just remember these days if you travel to Australia and the officials ask you if you've got a criminal record it's probably best not to reply with "I didn't realise it was still a requirement!" Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Alastair Pink, or"" is it Cos I'm black""
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Alastair Pink, Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Norrin Radd, Not wearing belts is only OK if they aren't wearing suits and I have a nasty suspicion they might not be. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof wrote:
...No, no problem at all, even pre 1975. My Grandad even lived and worked in Franco's Spain with no issues; something the Bremoaners would have you believe is completely impossible.

But the Brexit people promised that outside the EU we will have border controls.
Now you're saying that without it we had none?

Never mind, a points system will sort it out

Damn those moaners, they'll be telling you next that we won't get a points system. Crazy experts!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

no, he's saying even Franco's Spain had none, because they let his grandpa in....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

@Hyst, it would be interesting to find out from anyone on here what it was like to travel into Europe before the EU existed, was it a Bureaucratic nightmare with visas etc?

I have travelled to Europe a lot on my Australian passport. It was no hassle, I didn't have to apply for a visa -I just got it stamped at immigration. There was a period of time 20+ years ago when I had to apply for a Schengen visa but it was straight forward and covered all Schengen countries.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frank Spencer wrote:
The UK is going Forwards not Backwards

says someone called Frank bloody Spencer
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How do you know my middle name?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

no, he's saying even Franco's Spain had none, because they let his grandpa in....

No, I'm saying it was possible to travel and work pre EEC. For France you would need a work permit and carte de sejour to work, just as my two Moroccan colleagues sitting opposite me have. Of course the French may make it more difficult for Brits than they do for Moroccans.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Travelling around Europe will still be possible after the UK pulls out of the EU. There are too many scare stories floating around and being given traction by various doom mongers.

The EU will continue to want UK tourists and business travelers to go there...they want us to spend our money in the same way that we wants tourists to come to the UK. They are highly unlikely to impose visas on Brits...in the same way that we are highly unlikely to impose visas on EU nationals wanting to come to the UK for tourism or business purposes. It is more likely that the UK will impose controls on EU nationals coming to live, study or work in the UK in the same way that they do with non-visa countries (such as the USA or Canada). They do not need to obtain a visa prior to arriving in the UK if they are coming for tourism or business but do require one in advance one to study, live or work in the UK.

Non-visa nationals still need permission to enter the UK from the Secretary of State (devolved to Border Force Officers) and need to prove that they are intending a genuine visit and can maintain and accommodate themselves whilst in the UK. Permission to enter is in the form of a stamp in the passport.

The time period may change for EU nationals as, at present, non EU nationals can remain in the Schengen area for up to three months whereas it is six months in the UK. Three months would be reciprocal with what the EU do at the moment.

We may well find ourselves having to wait a little longer at the border to have our passports stamped but that's about it.

Customs controls may well come back into force so you may be limited to your 200 cigarettes....

Having said all of that nothing has been decided yet and no-one knows how the negotiations will go.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy