Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix season pass prices published

Poster: A snowHead
chrise1967 wrote:
Thanks for the links but I am really confused.

Annual Pass Private Club 2016-2017 (http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/club-prive)
Annual Pass is 803,00 € if brought now.

Annual and Season Pass 2016-2017 (http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/vente-privee)
Annual Pass is 1174,00 € if brought now.
Season Pass is 966,00 € if brought now.

I am in Chamonix from 1 Dec 2016 til 28 April 2017, can I buy the annual pass for 803?

Did you manage to buy the 803 EUR pass?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went through most of the process and got stopped asking for a Club Number and dates and did not have a photo.

Will be trying to buy the 966 season pass today.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chrise1967, which is what I said would happen.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow- euro 1731 for a standard rate season pass...

@chrise1967, Let us know how you get on. I see the 966 rate is 'private sale' ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name & snowdave the passes we had last year all had to be changed mid season for new ones as apparently the ones we were first given were 'old style' and didn't accept the use in Megeve etc. So maybe the system refusing to recharge the web numbers i put in had to do with that, who knows, it's CdMB.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@midgetbiker, could be!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I contacted Compagnie du Mont-Blanc via email they said for new timers who do not posses last years MBU cards can buy the pass on the October 17th 2016, for what price i did not get an answer but i think its going to be 996 euro, i hope not higher, might be a deal breaker for me as im planning to go Chamonix for 33 days.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@generics, I think that's going to be the euro 994 price then, if the web site is correct.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@generics, why can't you buy it today? Website implies you can...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@generics, I would give it a shot on the vente link (prive you won't get through the process). If it works you get the €996, if not you wait and get the €994.

CdMB will tell you to wait as the public sale opens on 17th with the €994 price. You're not supposed to have seen the vente link as it is only sent to previous season holders, but you have the link, and there is a button for new purchase (ie not re-charging a previous pass). So try, what do you have to lose?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@generics, forget what i said in the post above. There is no button for new purchase on the vente link (only pass re-charge). So it looks like you are stuck with the €994 price.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am confused, it looks very much to me as though you can buy for €966 today. And have the pass delivered to your home.

Why would you not?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, Which link are you looking at ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, does it? I used the latest vente-prive link (sent to me today). It had a similar look and feel to the club-prive link i bought from, BUT, where the club had two buttons under each block of pricing (left button to recharge a pass, right button to buy a new pass) the vente sale only had one button and that was to recharge a pass. So no access to a new pass at the pre 17th pricing. Maybe an earlier link would take you somewhere different. Share the URL of the page you're looking at.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@generics,
It will be the 994€. Don't forget to pm me.
latest report
Got an anser: From October 17th : There is a "Private Sale" - until November 30th, 2016, included (for non previous season MBU owners).

Season Pass purchase on line , by this internet link : www.compagniedumontblanc.fr from October 17th, 2016.

- Chamonix Le Pass Season : 740 € (instead 1135 €)
- Mont-Blanc Unlimited Seson : 994 € (instead 1731€)
- Chamonix Le Pass Annual : 926 € (instead 1411 €) adult
- Mont-Blanc Unilited Annual : 1226 € (instead de 2141 €) adult@HammondR, @HammondR,
ski holidays
Can anyone explain the Carte Mairie, Carte Gens du Pays, ViaCham card etc. system?

I own a house in Chamonix but live and work in Geneva so does that qualify me for anything that would let me get a pass at the cheaper rate?
ski holidays
@Steve77, yes, you need to go along to the Mairie with your taxe fonciere and taxe d'habitation bills (Ii think you only need one of these, but take both to be sure!), passport and I think that's it. However, in my experience they often require an additional random thing that you've not brought with you, and it requires 15 minutes of polite grovelling to get them to overlook it.

This enables you to get a secondary resident's card, which you can then use to get discounts on ski pass, free train travel, discount swimming pool etc.

Gen de Pays is for workers in the valley, secondary resident is for property owners, viacham I think is the one that you can load money onto for the pool etc.
snow report
ViaCham is the card system that registers everything.

@Steve77, if you pay tax in the valley - god knows what, fonciere, habitation, prof, entreprise, etc., you can probably get either gen de pays or res secondairecard.

Which gets loaded on your ViaCham.

But it takes about a week to get. Although that might just be because we aren't there full time so can't stand over the official staring at them.

If you can get a resident's card by the 16th, it's all a lot cheaper.
snow report
Thanks, that's helpful. Getting one by the 16th sounds optimistic but by the end of November should be doable then.
snow conditions
@Steve77, plenty of stories about how the Marie are awkward with these, but in my experience they have always been helpful.

To get a Residence Secondaire i think technically you need a receipted Fonciere (though plenty have got it on a receipted Habitation), if you paid online then go to the Treaserie first and get a stamped certificate saying this years Fonciere is paid. Take the bill and a passport sizes photo to the Marie, complete and hand in an application. It used to take a week, but now its loaded on a Via Cham, with printers on the desks in the downstairs office it SHOULD be instantaneous.

Once you have the card you can use the number on it to buy at a big discount, with another discount if you can do it before 30th Nov. Maybe best to go do it in person at Montenvers, in case the system is slow in updating genuine new Res Sec card numbers. In early Oct there was apparently a desk set up at Montenvers with three CdMB staff dishing annual passes out for fun.

BTW, once you are in the Res Sec system I reckon it's well worth going for an annual pass (as opposed to season). The annual MBU even includes the Hellbronner (if you fancy a night hanging over the VB). wink
snow report
@midgetbiker, We were in the Tresorie last year on the 2nd last day of mega discount (for unrelated reasons) and there wasn't quite a queue of saisonaires but not far off getting their online receipts stamped.

Application form here: fonciere, family register if you have it - no idea what we use, passport photo. http://www.chamonix.fr/documents/votre_mairie/vos_papiers/pdf/demandecarte_resident.pdf

Incidentally, the Mairie website indicates that it's a "Resident" card, not residence secondaire any more - no idea what the implications of that are, nor indeed whether you can specify res. sec. when you get the card.

I'm amazed but pleased that you can get it there and then.

ViaCham is actually quite handy - except the website is down rolling eyes - e.g. if you want a season pass for the XC it's loaded on there, plus I think various discounts around the valley.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy