Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix season pass prices published

Poster: A snowHead
The early promo (doesn't seem to be limited to residents this year) is at www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/club-prive
It's possible that this is only for people with a previous pass or similar, I can't quite tell.

In summary:
Unlimited annual €803 adult, €1526 couple and €683 <25yrs old
Le pass annual €618/1174/525

If anyone can remember last year's prices (I try to forget the price as soon as possible after buying!) then please post.

My reading is that we might have lost the 3 days in other resorts (Flaine etc.) as I can't find it mentioned.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So 803 for a year. Does that mean that a season may be cheaper?

Seemingly not...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Couple price up from €1,480 last year.

I refer you to my arguments of last year. I see little added benefits that actually cost the CMB money. It's not a huge difference, but still. In a deflationary economic environment, with negative deposit rates all over the place, I fear they are extracting the wee wee.

Probably putting it straight into the beer taps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like you need a "ViaCham" card (which is what we were given last time instead of our carte residente.

It is not at all clear if this is open to anyone, or not.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, compared with tourist 6 day rate it's bargain.

£1200 for both of you, £10 a day each? Lucky man.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Norrin Radd, but >20% hike in 8 years. Given we contribute paying customers, Etc. And have day jobs so prob only get about 40 days round Cham it's not such a bargain is it?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does it include gondola rescue fees??
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Norrin Radd, is that a 600 day year????
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i'll be looking forward to the first of October when I get to fleeced by cmb once again rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bloody hell, is it that time already
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Nothing about anything is ever really clear on the CdMB website (nor many French websites come to that).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
anderoo wrote:
@Norrin Radd, is that a 600 day year????

No , I am happy to double check 60x10 is £600, and equally happy for 40 days be used, as UAN points out , so £15 a day.

Equally I take his point, they are sending full pay customers down, maybe an incentive deal is required for people in the business?
1%discount on every week pass sold, up to 100?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1% off what? We typically send them around 250 peepweeks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes 1% of your cost against the first 100, giving you a free pass.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If you were in Cairns you would get $70 per visit to the reef cash. Something like that would be great.
ski holidays
I'm now more hopeful about the 3 days in Flaine etc, as the grand massif season pass states that it includes 3 days in Cham and these things are usually reciprocal.
latest report
under a new name wrote:

I've been sent invites to two different sales, the 'club prive' and the 'vente prive'.

Both sales have the two tier early bird discounts, BUT the 'club prive' has a limited choice of passes (incl a couples pass not on the 'vente prive') and a better pricing structure.

I am presuming the 'club' is residents, and the 'vente' non residents. I am also presuming I got both emails as last year I bought 3no annual resident passes plus 1no season non-resident.

Long winded way of saying: 'No' - the pricing you have been sent is not available to everyone.
snow conditions
@midgetbiker, looks very much like it - I didn't get any "vente" offers just the "club" ones.
snow report
I didn't get any "vente", just "club". Can you post the vente link?

I'm interested to see if they have a family season pass deal; there's usually a black hole in the pricing at that point.
snow report
@snowdave, same as the club one but with vente-privee at the end instead
snow report
vente:

http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/vente-privee

club:

http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/club-prive
snow report
btw - is there some hole in my French that means I don't know why one is privee and the other prive.

well actually there so many holes in my French it's like Rab C's vest, but what exactly am i missing this time?
snow report
@midgetbiker, le club, la vente?
latest report
So basically the MBU is available to be purchased here http://www.compagniedumontblanc.co.uk/en/lift-passes/season-annual-pass for non residents? i live outside of Europe Smile
ski holidays
@generics,
That's about it. Don't know if you had one last year or not, but I think the 966€ season MBU pass is only available to those renewing. If you are a first timer, I think you are limited to the 994€ price from 17th October.
snow report
@generics,
That's about it. Don't know if you had one last year or not, but I think the 966€ season MBU pass is only available to those renewing. If you are a first timer, I think you are limited to the 994€ price from 17th October.
snow conditions
@HammondR thanks, not much a big difference, im going for 33 days to on January so it seems like MBU offers the best value for the money.
snow report
@generics,
I may be able to propose a much cheaper option for 33 days. Party this depends on your exact dates, which are?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the links but I am really confused.

Annual Pass Private Club 2016-2017 (http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/club-prive)
Annual Pass is 803,00 € if brought now.

Annual and Season Pass 2016-2017 (http://www.compagniedumontblanc.fr/fr/forfaits/vente-privee)
Annual Pass is 1174,00 € if brought now.
Season Pass is 966,00 € if brought now.

I am in Chamonix from 1 Dec 2016 til 28 April 2017, can I buy the annual pass for 803?
snow conditions
@chrise1967, only one way to find out...
ski holidays
HammondR wrote:
@generics,
I may be able to propose a much cheaper option for 33 days. Party this depends on your exact dates, which are?

Im arriving at 15.1.17 up untill 16.2.17, Cheers.
ski holidays
So Club Prive definitely required a "carte Mairie" - ours are res. secondaire I presume Gen de Pays also works.

Anyway, purchased!
snow conditions
@chrise1967, don't think you'll be able to access the prive prices without a valid card from the town hall.

Vente should be open to anyone (i think) best prices will be had for buying before the 16th Oct, so if you are not in Chx until the 1st Dec then you will need to do it online. You will be charged an extra €3 for a pass card and when you arrive on the 1st you can collect the pass from the Montenvers station pass desks.
latest report
@under a new name, despite the big banner saying 'now you can re-charge your 2015/16 pass online' I failed 3 times before admitting defeat and going in as a new buyer and getting 3 new cards (new buyer, despite the system recognising me and having all my stored profiles available)!
snow report
under a new name wrote:
@midgetbiker, le club, la vente?

Kind of figured it had to be that whole masculine/feminine carry on.
snow conditions
@chrise1967, One last thing when you go to buy online: You need ready on your laptop/tablet/phone a photo of not more than 3mb from which you can crop a decent res head shot for your pass (no sun glasses/goggles/headwear).
ski holidays
@midgetbiker, hah, bizarrely, having had issues in the past, I had no problems!
latest report
I just submitted this for my Austrian season pass Toofy Grin

snow report
@generics,
Did you receive my PM? If not, please send me one. I am hopeless at techno stuff!
ski holidays
@midgetbiker, Like @under a new name, I managed to reload my 4 online using last year's passes - all worked seamlessly. 2016/17 here we come! snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy