Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boxing day 2016?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

We're looking at doing our usual ski trip on Boxing day with our 2 young boys (one under 3 years, and other just over 1 year old). Issue we're finding is most resorts want to do Saturday 24th or Sunday 25th for a week, so aren't accepting you to arrive on the 26th (especially child friendly / chalets with childcare in France).

Anyone got any ideas on where would be a bit more flexible? We'd be driving...

Thanks!

Olly
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your best bet is to book a Sunday to Sunday week and miss a day.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@maidstone98, that's the busiest week of the season. I can check with management as we have the capability to be flexible...do you want 7 nights? Also, would Chamonix work? we are a short 3 minute walk from the Brevent and they've recently installed beginner (kid) friendly uplift there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @maidstone98,

I don't know if it helps but we can accommodate a Monday arrival in most of our chalets.

We're child friendly and whilst we don't provide childcare ourselves can help with booking ski school, childcare etc.

Details via the link below. . .
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@maidstone98, we had the same problem looking for new year period in time for kids going back to school. Esprit, VIP etc either wanted you to book a longer period or only a 6 day holiday. In the end we have booked it all independently (self catering, flights, car) and will forgo the chalet/childcare experience. Actually I much prefer this anyway! We got a nice apartment in Mayrhofen (new still under construction so happy to take non conforming bookings that week).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi
Quote:

Bennyboy1
- sounds good. Re. the childcare, did you get a nanny to come to your chalet then? Any links to the place you went to?

Quote:

Layne

i think you're right, that's the way we may have to do it. Just sucks as you miss a day on the slopes but pay for it!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ps thanks for all the responses/recommendations - really appreciated. Keep em coming!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@maidstone98, our kids are a bit older than yours (5&7) so we just drop them at ski school each day. Austrian ski schools often have a crèche as well so you just drop the kids yourself. A few years a go we went to Kappl near Ischgl for the weekend and the crèche on the slopes (top of gondola was excellent and cheap). They took kids from 2, I think.

Friends use services like snowAngels and other nanny services but I haven't used them myself. I hear good things.

Having done the Esprit and VIP service I see the attraction of the all in care service, but these days prefer to arrange diy.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
@maidstone98, that's the busiest week of the season. I can check with management as we have the capability to be flexible...do you want 7 nights? Also, would Chamonix work? we are a short 3 minute walk from the Brevent and they've recently installed beginner (kid) friendly uplift there.

talking to friends about that new lift, general concessions is an accident waiting to happen.

that piste is good fun for bombing at mach 5 but it doesn't happen because the magic carpet lift is so slow. I give it a week before someone hits one of the rollers at 80k and takes out a learner rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy