Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo Skiing Whistler Jan 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So i bit the bullet and booked two weeks in Whistler on my own.... Shocked

Been looking forward to going back for a while and a had a few drop outs so booked it anyway!

Anyway.. I'm a pretty advanced/expert skiier, been skiing since early teens, love exploring off piste and happy enough on any slope on piste.

I'm out from the 14th of Jan so if anyone would like a tag along or a mate to hit the slopes with let me know! Very Happy

Cheers,

Robin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm going to be in Whistler from Jan 24-28. Would be great to meet up. Advanced skier. My buddy is an advanced/expert snowboarder.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did 2 weeks solo in Whistler last season - and had a fantastic time!

I skied with the SCGB rep a fair bit, who was brilliant, and met some really nice pepole through that and the social hours (generally turned into much more than an hour... Wink)

There are also free mountain tours most days (details on the Whistler Blackcomb website) which are fun, and little ski groups tend to form from those - but I found the SCGB days far superior, especially if you are a decent skier.

Also, Canada is very friendly, so don't underestimate just having a chat with people in the lift - I picked up lots of tips, interesting info, and a few ski offers, though generally when I was already on my way to meet someone NehNeh

You'll have a great time, I'm so jealous! It was possibly the best ski holiday I've ever done snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmmm, I went to Whistler last new years, it was good but it's marketed very well, it's far from great.
The better European resorts are simply better imho e.g. Chamonix, St Anton, Val D'Isere, Ischgl, Verbier, etc, etc, etc Why?! Authenticity, architecture, family run huts, cabins,restaurants, ambience, etc, etc. Having said that the infrastructure in Whistler is awesome, the level of service on the mountain is tops and there's loads of interesting amenities e.g. kid's play parks in the woods, show the mountain tours, etc, etc. The in bounds, off piste concept is quite cool also tbf.

Also, since Europe is looking very snow deprived this new years again, I'm considering an 11th hour trip to Canada, or elsewhere in North America.so never say never. So if anyone is out there over NY and you have a spare room ,I might be up to share the cost of a condo or whatever.

P.s. highly recommend at least a long weekend in Vancouver also. It's a super city, even in the winter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's 3 weeks to go until the new year, every chance of some decent snow in Europe.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's 3 weeks to go until the new year, every chance of some decent snow in Europe.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone out in Whistler over NY?

I'm an expert skier looking to meet up with fellow kindred spirits to shred a bit of powder and have a blast.

If I go I'd like to go from the 28th to around the 7th say.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well last new year... I drove on past, because although they probably had better snow than the Alps which was hurting badly, there were better places to go.

I've done the same for the last three seasons, but actually this year I may spend some time there - conditions look the best for some time. That said, at that time last year a little further inland were 10-year best conditions... we'll have to see what santa brings.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
just spent two days skiing with extremely canadian , in their steeps clinic , and would recommend it as a way to see the best of whistler/blackcomb in bounds off piste and to meet some like minded folks . conditions here at the moment are pretty dam good for early season and are set to stay for the foreseeable @Jenks_87, you'll have a blast snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm an advanced/expert skier who's skiing Whistler Jan 16 to 27, with friends who are intermediates and would love to ski with a similar level skier. Are you still looking for a ski buddy then?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Jenks,
Can I ask who you booked through and how much it cost?
I'm between jobs at present and looking for an adventure of some sort, either skiing, ice climbing, rock climbing, kayaking or mtb. Not been to Whistler yet but would if the price was right.

Perhaps you could let me know who you booked through.

In terms of level, I'd say I was good intermediate +. Happiest off piste and try to only use the pistes to find the lifts back up again. Skied in US, France, Italy, England, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Norway, Scotland etc

cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy