Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

World Snow Awards - lend me your vote!

Poster: A snowHead
@Davina Goldballs, so now you've found someone else against whom to wage a vendetta with your one post a day. Well done. You really do make me sick.

The good news is that those who want coaching from Inside Out are unlikely to be influenced by the tripe you churn out.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The bad news is you are approaching @stanton levels of stupidity and as such are likely to feel a bit of heat from some snowheads.

Not from the flat below yours catching fire.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
Comparing Inside Out Skiing with Snoworks, for example (other comparisons can obviously be made)

I have bigger feet than Phil, but he has a bigger grin. Emma is a girl, I am a boy but she is a much faster skier than me. Lee is a better cook. Mike works in a much bigger snow dome than I do. Nick can walk on his hands, I can barely walk standing upright. Euan and I both like mixed martial arts but I recon he would kick my ass as he is younger. Bryan has a cracking beard and I shave about once a week. Sorry, don't know Dave..

Vote for me Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And suddenly this thread shrank! Shocked

This might now seem a little out of context, but anyway, I have had (and continue to have) excellent instruction from both @rob@rar and @skimottaret. I have also learned a lot from BASI L1s at Skiplex. Knowing how to help an individual progress is much more than the sum total of letters after your name.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, mods, please feel free also to remove my now-out-of-the-blue rant. Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
motyl wrote:

This might now seem a little out of context, but anyway, I have had (and continue to have) excellent instruction from both @rob@rar and @skimottaret. Knowing how to help an individual progress is much more than the sum total of letters after your name.

Totally agree. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Damn..... Did I miss something while on the GLA - LGW flight?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hurtle, @motyl, If you're talking about who / what I think you're talking about the offending post is still on page 1 of the thread - I don't spot any pruning (unless there was another today that I missed). But perhaps we should refrain from feeding the trolls....

@motyl,
Quote:

I have had (and continue to have) excellent instruction from both @rob@rar and @skimottaret. I have also learned a lot from BASI L1s at Skiplex. Knowing how to help an individual progress is much more than the sum total of letters after your name.

Same experience here! (well, I've not had a lesson with Scott yet, but I concur with the rest)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tubaski,@Glasgow Cyclops there was a much more offensive one today, which caused my explosion. I really couldn't refrain from responding to that one (but I didn't ask for it to be censored).

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 4-10-16 16:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tubaski wrote:
I've not had a lesson with Scott yet

Something to look forward to in Tignes! Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
motyl wrote:
Tubaski wrote:
I've not had a lesson with Scott yet

Something to look forward to in Tignes! Laughing
That'll be fine. He knows his way round Tignes. wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hurtle, yeah but I don't think he's had @Tubaski and me following him around Toofy Grin . But do tell!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@motyl, I plead the Fifth. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Hurtle, after Tignes, perhaps I'll be doing the same Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Hurtle, Laughing
snow report
Terry Bartlett sent me a nice picture when he asked me to vote for him (nominated in best beard in snowsports category) wink

snow report
Not to be outdone, here's a picture of skimottaret campaigning for votes for Inside Out Skiing

snow conditions
@musher, @rob@rar, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Done.

Well done both - hope to get down to Hemel one day Very Happy
latest report
Jesus forgot about that picture... That was the weirdest set of goggles of all time Laughing

In addition to voting for us Vote for Terry !!!!!
ski holidays
voted
snow report
3rd time lucky ! ?

Hurtle wrote:
@Davina Goldballs, so now you've found someone else against whom to wage a vendetta with your one post a day. Well done. You really do make me sick.

As posted yesterday ...

David Goldsmith wrote:
I love you too. If your comment is intended as 'hate speech' it's unconvincing. We've met twice, and on both occasions enjoyed charming conversations about such things as classical music. You didn't vomit once. Perhaps your comment was a typo, as in "You really do make me sing."

Regarding the point (2) raised on the previous page ...

David Goldsmith wrote:
2. Last April, SKI.HUB ran a report about Inside Out ski instructors wearing badges - i.e. professional credentials - of the ISIA (International Ski Instructors Association).
Question: which Inside Out instructors hold BASI (or other) teaching qualifications which have gained them ISIA certification? Please name names!

rob@rar wrote:

2. As David knows, in one of the resorts we teach in the local police ask us to wear badges which identify us as instructors who are licensed to teach in that region of Italy. We comply with that regulation. If you want to know about the qualifications of the instructors who work for Inside Out Skiing you can find that information on our website.

According to the Inside Out Skiing website, you're not an ISIA-qualified ski instructor - you're grade 2 BASI - but you're wearing an ISIA badge in the photo. This would appear to have nothing to do with the Italian police (presumably they'd be happy with a BASI badge, which would identify you as an instructor) but a decision taken by you personally !
Are you willing to concede that you should not have been wearing an ISIA badge?
snow report
@Davina Goldballs, not funny. At all. I have always been happy to defend you against the nastiness of other people, particularly one uniquely unpleasant person. No more. You are nasty, obsessive and vindictive (quite apart from being terminally boring on subjects which are of no interest to anybody else) and, in my view , should now be definitively banned from this forum.
ski holidays
I notice DG has removed the photo.... Why?

He must live a very sad unfulfilled life!
snow report
@PaulC1984,
Quote:

He must live a very sad unfulfilled life
I'm sure you're right and I used to feel sorry for him. No longer - my patience has been used up.
snow conditions
A member of the awkward squad can provide useful feedback.

Otherwise people might believe that La Rosiere was without doubt the best ski resort in the whole world on any reckoning you choose.

People might also pay for their kids to go on school holidays organised by dodgy individuals with countless county court judgements against them.

I am sure this outfit is OK, but there is no harm in asking questions and the proprietor seems happy enough to answer them, so not sure why others are getting upset on his behalf.
latest report
@George Jones, because he's a troll and has no intention of having lessons. If he had genuine questions why not contact the company direct rather than trying to stir up trouble....
latest report
@George Jones, thanks for your customarily plausible input. The simple answer is that he probably also is
Quote:

sure this outfit is OK
and is just being unpleasant for the sake of it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
motyl wrote:

Goddamnit I'm always late for the party.

Anyway done, not becuase I have experience of the servces on offer but because it's nice for the little guys to be able to stand tall.
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
@Davina Goldballs, not funny. At all. I have always been happy to defend you against the nastiness of other people, particularly one uniquely unpleasant person. No more. You are nasty, obsessive and vindictive (quite apart from being terminally boring on subjects which are of no interest to anybody else) and, in my view , should now be definitively banned from this forum.

Agreed on all points.
latest report
^ This.

And I've voted for Rob & Scott: again, not because I've used Inside Out but because I've skied with Rob in Les Arcs, and he's a very nice guy, who can give pointers while on a 'day out with the lads' without appearing to.

We also get a lot of gear & support from Terry's little shop, so he's had a tick too...
ski holidays
I must go back and vote for Terry
ski holidays
@Hurtle, be careful - if you've voted once, a second vote from the same email / ip address will invalidate your votes Sad
snow report
@motyl, even if I didn't vote for Terry first time round, just for IOS?
snow conditions
It looks like a single chance to cast your votes so you can't revisit unless you use a different email address and from a different ip address. When I initially voted, IOS weren't listed so I tried to revisit but now I'm not sure if I've successfully voted once, twice or three times, or none at all as I couldn't recall when or where I was when I first voted! I can see the reasoning but it's frustrating if they release the list before everyone is on it!
ski holidays
@motyl, oh OK, thanks. I'd better not go back, then.
ski holidays
Sad
snow report
All done, good luck! wink
snow conditions
Has golden balls been banned?
snow conditions
Norrin Radd wrote:
Has golden balls been banned?
. I doubt it. It takes a lot for someone on here to get concrete ski boots and end up skiing with the marmots. I don't think he's got there yet. Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy