Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

parking in val disere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we are staying in a chalet on the avenue olympique in Feb half term about 100 mtrs from La Cave or skimium i think the chalet only has 1 x car park space so are there any free outdoor car parks in Val or do they all now charge
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Parking in Val d'Isere is something of a headache, especially at half term. If you have 2 cars you might be able to dump one a long way off and hope it doesn't end up under an enormous snowdrift. Or rather, you'll hope it will......
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I believe I read that there's free parking in Brevieres, so if you have multiple cars you could leave all but one there. If you think it's worth the hassle.

Or try and find someone with an apartment parking space they aren't using that week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dogwatch, Oi, Brev is not a dumping ground. People who holiday there needs spaces you know!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh, you better email me the Non Disclosure Agreement.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dogwatch, lol, It was said firmly tongue in cheek!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To be honest if you can afford a chalet in Val in half term week, a car parking charge will be small beer........
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

try and find someone with an apartment parking space they aren't using that week.

Laughing good luck with that one.....

When I've visited Val d'Isere - just day trips and all in low season - I've driven round and been pathetically grateful to find a space in the underground car park at $$$.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

try and find someone with an apartment parking space they aren't using that week.

Laughing good luck with that one.....

Don't know why you say that. I could find one most weeks in the season. This is not an invitation for PMs asking me to sort it for people I don't know!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 5-09-16 11:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
you probably knew your way round, @dogwatch. When my son did a season he and his flatmate did a good job of sorting out where to stash a car for nothing. As an occasional day tripper I never knew where to start, so just paid up. And the OP is going in a peak week.

So yes, I think luck might be handy.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks all , i thought that there were some pretty large FOC car parks on the road to la daille , near where the heli lands and near where the ice driving track is but maybe it is reserved for coaches only
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gwatts10 wrote:
Thanks all , i thought that there were some pretty large FOC car parks on the road to la daille , near where the heli lands and near where the ice driving track is but maybe it is reserved for coaches only

There are, but they're not free iirc.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gwatts10 wrote:

€65 a week I believe.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
why not just book one of the covered ones.. even at half term the one by the Olympic lift wasn't that busy and it was only €90 a week from memory. Car all dry and not having to be dug out. Worth it I think.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks all covered parking it is them ............range rover with roof box !!! might be some issues with heights ill ask the tourist office if there are height restrictions
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy