Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski trips from Belfast / Dublin Intermediate couples

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi There,

After successful trips to Andorra (Arinsal) and Bulgaria (Pamporovo) we have decided that we would like to go skiing again this winter season.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a trip or has any tips for groups wanting to fly from Belfast to Dublin. We are not overly fussed on where we want to go but wouldn't mind a change of scenery possibly france?

Also looked into booking ourselves and would welcome any advice on best place to look for accommodation such as chalets and hire of equipment etc.

Theres at least 3 couples who are interested already.

Thanks in advance for any advice and feel free to probe me further for info.

Thanks,

K Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easyjet fly to Geneva
Ryanair to Milan
Both from Belfast
Dublin and you open up more options.

Accomodation , Airbnb or Homeaway

Equipment hire and and lessons are easily booked in any resort , can do online beforehand.

The ones doing "all inclusive" from Belfast are WeAreVertigo , they have loads on their website http://www.vertigotravel.co.uk/
Really nice bunch of folk and the Italy trips look great, id go with Travel Solutions for Bulgaria as they are cheaper.

Bulgaria is done by Travel Solutions https://www.travel-solutions.co.uk/balkan-ski/

IMO if in a small group it would work out much cheaper DIY esp if your all happy to share a large house etc
We are arranging a small family trip of 12 and its easy enough once everyone agrees on dates and you get flights booked and sorted.
One thing ive found is hiring a minibus etc is very expensive so maybe better with a private transfer or a couple of smaller cars

Hope that helps a bit Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done DIY trips to Austria a few times and it's straight forward

Dublin to Zurich (Aer lingus), train to st Anton
Dublin to Salzburg (Ryanair) and book a transfer to saalbach or skiwelt resorts or train to Mayrhofen
Dublin to Munich (Aer L) or Memmingem (Ryanair), rent cars and go where you want. 2-3 hours drive gets you to a huge range of resorts

As harkwind says, get dates sorted and then book flights.

I haven't been to France. In Austria, mayrhofen is good for intermediates, good value for money and with good Apres. St Anton Apres is very good, it's a bit pricey but worth it. Ischgl is a super resort for Apres and skiing but it's very pricey.

Accommodation can be booked via main websites for most resorts. Ski hire etc. can be done when you get there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've DIY'ed 10 trips over the last 8 years from Belfast/Dublin, and it always works out much cheaper than with tour operators.

As far as flights go, we're at a disadvantage being in Ireland, but there are much more options from Dublin than Belfast. Direct routes from Belfast are limited to Geneva, Barcelona (for Andorra) or Milan, Jet2 used to fly to Salzburg but that route has ceased. Geneva is the only airport with easy direct transfers to the big well known resorts (e.g. Chamonix, Espace Killy, 3 Valleys).

From Dublin you have a range of options, e.g. Geneva, Munich, Salzburg, Grenoble, Milan, Verona, Memmigigham, Lyon or Barcelona. I've used the Grenoble and Salzburg Ryanair routes on numerous occassions, transfer times are quite short to Les Deux Alpes and Alpe De Huez from Grenoble, whilst Saalbach/Zell am See/Kitzbuhel and the Ski Welt are all handy to Salzburg (Munich also).

For accommodation in the past I've used Air B'n'B, Booking.com (great for free cancellations and short breaks), ski.sunweb (free lift passes with all accommodation, very cheap) and HomeAway.com.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy