Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone else excited yet?

Poster: A snowHead
HoneyBunny wrote:
Is everyone on Snowheads retired and/or millionaires? How does everyone seemingly manage to ski for most of the season?

I gave up much chance of a high paying job to move somewhere I don't need much money to ski a lot #someclicheaboutpoorinwalletbutrichinsoul

Though if we're honest there are better ways to make lots of money than a job - unfortunately I haven't figured any of them out yet!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hawkwind, I hope that it is the first of many long trips for you.

Have a great time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hawkwind, some people crash and burn without ever getting going - you aren't one of them... snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
letsgetpiste wrote:
@hawkwind, that's a commendable effort!
I'd like to work out a way of doing a month... maybe get my partner to come out and join me for a week of it. Not sure how work would take it, but I don't use leave during the summer months!

I have 12 weeks leave that I've accumulated while taking parental leave. Would love to do a month or two, but kids in school would make it very hard/expensive. My heart says find a way as its the only opportunity for the next 20 years. My mind says enjoy taking 8 or 9 weeks leave a year for the next five years or so, with 4 weeks skiing and, like the rest of Scandinavia, the whole of July off. Neither is that bad I suppose Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excited...moi...thats why I'm I'm logged on to Snowheads. I CAN'T WAIT Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ive not finished with summer holidays yet.... But on 3 rd october ill be at the manchester ski dome and then it will all start !!!!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excited? Does sitting in the beach today reading a skiing book count as excited? Counting down to a few days on the glacier in Tignes in November, then need to find something around January to tide me over to the family holiday in March then the EoSB (and possibly EoSB warm up week). I'm in the enviable position of having carried over lots of holiday last year and not having taken a proper summer holiday. I'm already worried about how to cope next year when my holiday allowance is back to normal. Scheming required...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

There's clue no 1!

Ha, true - but I couldn't afford to use all my holiday time for skiing! Summer hols are a lot cheaper Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Our lot have just booked Montgenevre last week of Feb next year... can't wait! Off to Chillfactore after work just remind me of the cold in all this hot weather Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just booked our family trip to Grindelwald, Jungfrau next Feb and am super excited. Went there this last spring just with the wife for a long weekend and we loved it and sat overlooking the Eiger saying "the kids would love this here". Well now they'll get their chance too. Can't wait
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I may get excited if this heatwave ever ends.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, planning has started, my lad has been in Whistler 2 out of the last 3 seasons and comes back next month. We plan a few weeks in Europe together starting in Jan, although he will clearly be far too good for me. Just be nice to get more than one week done. Even just bought a new jacket and trousers today courtesy of Sport Pursuit. Couldn't resist!! Maybe do some long weekends as well if we can sort out the logistics. Research to be done.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Champoluc in January is starting to feel good.... but I've a three weeks tour of France to do first.... I'm not counting the days... I'm making the days count !!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tubaski wrote:
then need to find something around January to tide me over

I'm anxiously awaiting news of the Birthday Bash and MYAsH Bash to decide my late January/early February trip
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bit worried about snow cover for NY
snow report
Quote:
Realistically though we are about as far away from good skiing conditions as it is possible to get in the calendar ie. Four months in both directions
Just back from a week of mainly hiking in Austria's Zillertal - but we skied a day at Hintertux last Sunday.

Conditions were far better than we anticipated. Although most of the glacier looked very grey and bare, the cover on the runs was pretty extensive and there was 20km of piste on offer, with 600m vertical.

The snow was hard packed to start with but wasn't icy - it softened up nicely through the morning.

We've definitely skied worse in early/late winter - trip report and pics to follow....

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 11-09-16 8:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
My rolling month calendar just clicked over to the 9th of October and the Northern Ski test! - starting to feel a bit more like the season is upon us!
@mountainaddict wrote:
trip report and pics to follow....
Looking forward to it!
ski holidays
HoneyBunny wrote:
...Summer hols are a lot cheaper Razz

You're not doing them correctly then wink
latest report
Just booked a week in Selva next January Smile -- time to start getting fit !!
ski holidays
Massively excited, doing Japan this year for the first time!
snow conditions
queen bodecia wrote:
Yes I'm excited but I think it's going to be very strange skiing without Samerberg Sue. But even more reason for me to return to the places she loved the most and have more than a few Heiße Witwes in her honour.

Got dates pencilled in w/c 21st January and w/c 4th March. Might even manage a sneaky weekend somewhere or even a bash if funds and time off work allow. Of course there is also the small matter of new skis. I've been working like a robot and saving hard this year... wink

booked flights for Sun 22nd yesterday....early BA flight into SZG if you need a lift wink
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, Bring it on Smile
snow conditions
Quote:

Summer hols are a lot cheaper

You can do winter hols quite cheaply - get a season pass with a discount for early purchase, rent/share an apartment out of peak times. Mid December/Christmas. Then January. Then March/April. Do a spot of work in between. Don't waste money drinking in stupidly expensive locations.
snow report
Did I mention that I was going to CANADA on 2nd January????? First time in N.America, did I also mention that I have bought new boots too??? I'm itching more than a dog in a flea swarm Very Happy
snow conditions
@tangowaggon, Silence Ginge I could fall out with you ;-p
snow conditions
Scarpa wrote:
@Timberwolf, Bring it on Smile

I've decided I'm never sleeping with you again farty pants
ski holidays
@tangowaggon I went to Canada in January. Amazing place but even the locals were moaning about how cold it was.

Pack a jumper.

Maybe two.
ski holidays
Just booked a week in Serre Chevalier for the end of January - definitely excited! Feels good to be enjoying the late summer, while also knowing that there's a ski trip to look forward to - January/February have become much more appealing since discovering the joys of skiing Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
New Ski's due to be delivered today, 14 weeks to the day before I get to try them out!
ski holidays
The postman has just delivered the first edition of Fall-Line magazine Very Happy

Bookings so far 2 weeks in Switzerland Jan/Feb, and 2 weeks in Japan Feb/Mar, just need to get something in before Christmas Very Happy

New skis already delivered, just waiting for new season boots to arrive in the shops, then get skis / bindings / boots to Spyderjon for mounting Very Happy
latest report
MrsS and I have normally managed three weeks holiday or so each season skiing in Europe, but I was made redundant in March so we can't afford it this year.

Instead we are off to Les Coches to work chalet hosting for the whole season!

Being made redundant in your mid-fifties can have a good result.
snow conditions
Instead we are off to Les Coches to work chalet hosting for the whole season! 

Being made redundant in your mid-fifties can have a good result.

I was made redundant in my mid 30's with a young family, it was still the best career move that I had made for me.
It went a step further last year when I was made divorced in my early 50's snowHead
snow conditions
@RobinS, redundancy in my mid-fifties would be prefect, kids away, most financial commitments behind me & a pay off to see me through to pension & at that stage in life where you are in the mood & young enough to do something different. Enjoy......
snow report
@RobinS, great outcome snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy