Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resorts with good snowboard lessons for kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Hoping to be away the first week in April and hopefully our nephews will be with us, they will be 10 and 14 by then.

They have done boarding lessons at the Xscape and a few days up north but are really beginners. We were thinking of putting them into classes in the mornings and spending the afternoons together (maybe just for the first 3 days or possibly all week).

I'm sure I've seen somewhere that certain resorts don't do snowboard group lessons until a certain age.

Haven't got a definitive shortlist of where we may go yet (Tignes- Val Claret currently top of list but it changes all the time!).

The boys' parents may be coming too and will be complete beginners (ski) so looking for somewhere with catered chalets or half board hotels and more or less ski in and out ( i remember how tiring it was when learning to ski and walking in ski boots was a task in itself!)

If anyone has any feedback/ suggestions about snowboard lessons for the boys at Tignes or any other resorts that may be suitable that would be great. The other option is to book the two of them with a private instructor for a few hours maybe two or three times over the week- would this be better?

Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@MCL, Nice to see some young people taking up snowboarding. If you are in Tignes then I suggest you contact Simon Cooke at http://rebelalliancesnowboarding.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@johnE, thanks for the info Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mint Snowboard school in Morzine-Avoriaz do lessons for kids aged 3 upwards. I'm pretty sure they do group kids lessons from 7 upwards.
I've had lessons from them (a week-long camp) and they are really good instructors and make it fun, too.

http://www.mintsnowboarding.com/kids-snowboard-lessons/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@hellboarder, thanks for the link; hadn't thought of Morzine as a late season option- I'll look it up Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been to Morzine/Avoriaz a few times in early April and always had good snow - even lots of fresh dumps.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Avoriaz is normally fine that time of year, Morzine slopes can start to suffer a little as it's a bit lower. Gotta say Onyx who are based out in Morzine/Avoriaz are great. Bonus with Onyx is that Baden does UK camps now in the UK in snow domes. So your nephews could maybe get to board with him in the Autumn in the UK, maybe work on some stuff in a dome then the Nephews already have a 'relationship' with him for boarding up in Avoriaz in April.
Si at Rebel Alliance in Tignes is ACE, i've used him myself when preparing for BASI 2. Top bloke. Also Renelle at Fresh snowboard school is Fab.
Regarding Morzine/Avoriaz, I used to work for Chilly Powder who are in Prodians (2 km away from Morzine and right under Avoriaz very near to the telecabin). really is a great place for quality catered accom. Can ski IN but not out. free drag lift 50m away and Telecabin that get's you to Avoriaz in 4 min about 300m away. Avoriaz Alpine ski school great for small Adult groups. ESF also handy but group sizes can be bigger.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also what you say about private instruction. Maybe a few two or three hour private lessons would be an idea.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy