Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowbizz - Puy St Vincent - Dining Options

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We're off on our first family ski trip next March and after plenty of research and the positive experiences noted on Snowheads and elsewhere decided to go with Snowbizz.

One question that we're not sure about is whether we should use the Snowbizz dining option - on the face of it it looks rather expensive on a per-person-per-night basis (GBP 25 per person for a three course meal with a drink for Adults - seems a lot once converted into EUR even for a ski resort (and exchange rates!)), but as we've not been to the resort before wondered if anyone had experience of:

1 - resort dining options that are Child friendly (Junior will be 4 years old in March)
2 - experience of having used the Snowbizz dining option at Le Tire Bouchon
3 - whether you'd agree that the GBP 25 per person should be viewed as expensive

Many thanks in advance - any other advice gratefully received too!

Thanks

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 27-08-16 14:08; edited 1 time in total
    ski holidays
     Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
    Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
    What do you get for €25?
    snow report
     Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
    Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
    I guess it depends on whether you want to eat in a restaurant every night or not. With a four year old on a ski holiday I probably didn't do, Summer yes but skiing no, wanted him in bed at a reasonable time! Restaurant meals can drag on.

As to value for money. Just had a quick look and it says 3 course meal with wine/beer. It's probably fairly priced. I pay 29E for a lovely set menu in a very nice 3*hotel in my resort, it's 4 course but doesn't include wine/beer though they do serve a complimentary apero and amuse-bouche. It's actually fab value and great food.

Eating out generally in a ski resort, ball park.... starters 7E, main courses minimum 12E I'd say, desserts 7E. Drinks typically 3E for whatever. Specialities like fondue/pierrade etc generally around 25E per person. Takeaway pizzas 10-14E. So I'd say the pricing is about right.

It's long time since I went to PSV. In fact my son was 4 too! From memory there's a handful of restaurants. There was a supermarket. Maybe a butcher? You can probably get deli type ready meals/cooked chicken or whatever from either the supermarket or butcher.

Other advice....take t-shirts, vest tops etc! PSV is a very sunny place and when we went it was bikini weather in March!
    snow report
     You need to Login to know who's really who.
    You need to Login to know who's really who.
    Thanks for your thoughts - much appreciated.

Does anyone else have any experience of the dining options there?

Many thanks
    snow report
     Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
    Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
    @Fleecy, have you asked Snowbizz for a sample menu. That's the only way to judge the value.
    snow report
     You'll need to Register first of course.
    You'll need to Register first of course.
    Even if the meals are good value eating in a restaurant every day puts the cost of a holiday up hugely, when you're paying for a family. Is it possible to have one or two meals out and cook for yourselves the rest of the time? That way you can produce what you know your 4 year old would like. A restaurant meal is wasted on many 4 year olds. I bought lunch for my extended family yesterday. The very obliging proprietor produced a ketchup sandwich and some carrot battons for one 4 year old!
    snow report
     Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
    Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
    We've used Snowbizz several times, self-catered and used the dining option. They did have a long-standing arrangement with Le Petit Chamois and the food and service were excellent, then there was a change of owners or management I think and after one year Snowbizz moved to La Chaumiere. The food was still good but the atmosphere wasn't the same.
    I'm surprised you say they are now using La Tire Bouchon, my recollection is that was more of a snack-bar type restaurant but I may be wrong. We certainly only used their outside seating for drinks and pizza at lunchtime.
    With younger children I would certainly self-cater as eating in a restaurant means late nights.
    snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy