Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Blanc Meribel Les allures

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, found some chalets online in Meribel Les allures with a company called Ski Blanc. Can't seem to find many reviews online. Anyone have an experience of the company or the resort? I'm aware it's below meribel but it's much cheaper so works for us.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No experience of company.

Downside of resort for some is that unless you have your own transport you have to get the (free) bus or (lift-pass) gondola to Meribel centre, followed by a further short walk to get to the main lifts, in order to ski. And possibly the same to get back after skiing - as the Villages piste back to Les Allues is often closed, even in high season. Gondola doesn't run after 17:30 (17:00 in January). Buses roughly every 15-20 minutes at morning/evening peak times, down to about one an hour after 20:00.

Quieter in the evenings - if you want to party in Meribel it is a bus/taxi there and back.

But as you say - the plus side of all that is that it is much cheaper!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks so much for the info about the village. That's really helpful. The company has a minibus in the evenings so getting to / from meribel will be ok.

Is it busy to get to meribel on the bus or bubble in the mornings? We will be going off peak in early March.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
icedgemma wrote:

Is it busy to get to meribel on the bus or bubble in the mornings? We will be going off peak in early March.

I have not used the bubble. But I did spend a week in Meribel this year in an hotel that overlooks it, and at 8:30 am to 9 ish I can assure you it''s a) running, and b) pretty empty, having watched it daily at breakfast.

Stick a trip report on when you get back- I've considered moving out a bit, so the info will be great.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ive' used the bubble over the Christmas week a few years back, no problem getting up in the morning around 9.00 am, however always a queue coming back down at the end of the day but moves quickly.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed in a (Chalet Company) Les Allues chalet for the first time last Jan - it's a gorgeous little village. Mind we were just about snowed in so that made it very idyllic.

From the village we used both bus & gondola to access the skiing at Meribel. Both are easy enough - though you have to walk further to and from the gondola stations at both Les Allues and Meribel (only a few mins though) if you use the bubble for access.

On balance, the bus is probably best. No queues in our mid-January week and it ran to timetable. If you get off at - and ski back down to - Meribel Village (NB No need to go all the way to Meribel Centre) the chairlift is only about 75m from the bus stop. Easy peasy Very Happy

On a cautionary note, we had epic snow (waist deep powder most days) so skied the closed piste back to Les Allues one night.... It requires not only a fair bit of traversing and poling along but involves a couple of steep uphill bits through the woods.....It took ages and we were glad to make it back by dark Confused Bit of an experience to say the least....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
their map - https://www.skiblanc.co.uk/meribel-les-allues.htm is a little 'squashed' i would suggest and distances are a little longer than you might imagine. it's probably 2-3 minutes in boots from chalets 1-4 to the bus and a bit more from 6 to the gondola.

like a number of other snowheads I have stayed with Ski Hame in their chalet which is ten paces from la tsaretta (11 on that map). chalets 1-4 from Ski Blanc look like they are close to the bubble, but if feels like you are in the middle of nowhere, as there's about 4 chalets and the bubble lift. Oh and when you get to the top of the bubble its still a minute or two yomping across the tennis courts until you get to a real lift.

The 'main drag' for les allues is over the road and beyond the roundabout. Although it's a 'no-horse town' sort of place, one small shop which is never open when you want it. 3-4 (allegedly 6) restaurants and one good pub (la tsaretta) although with beer at 7 eur 2 years ago, it's not as 'cheap down the mountain' as you might think

Mountainaddict's tip about getting the bus to/from Village is a good one. About 4 years ago taxi' minibuses down from la chaudanne were 30 euro one-way

already booked my return in Dec this year
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have stayed with Ski Blanc a few times and really enjoyed it .... but that was over 10 years ago so I have no recent experience.
I found taking the bubble every day no problem.
One suggestion ..... The first time I went I would carry my skis and wear my ski boots all the way to and from the chalet.
I would highly recommend that you don't do this as it quickly becomes a real chore.
By far the best thing to do is to leave skis and boots in the lockers at the bottom of the main Meribel lifts. There is a cost involved but well worth the joy of walking home in your trainers!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have stayed in Les Allues in March and been able to ski back. The piste is uninteresting and when officially closed can be a little difficult to follow IME.

If you are not staying near the bubble then use the bus, to/from Village unless you need the ski schools at Chaudanne.

Having stayed in Brides a few times the bubble can be busy first thing, with a queue in Brides at 8:30 but gets much quieter after 9:00. It is possible to ski back to the bubble top station by following a path towards the chalets just above the lift.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy