Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hoorah, we've been shortlisted for the World Snow Awards!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So how is it right for presumably so many who have not taken lessons with a particular ski school to vote for them?
Just asking, not exactly a fan of such awards.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rob@rar, well done!

I'm a bit sketchy about the 'World' bit...
Weren't they all French based chalets and Englsh tour ops and English run schools?

How much are the tickets to potentially claim your prize?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@essex, I agree, I think the Best Ski School category is one that would be better to be judged rather than voted on, but not something that I get to decide.

@flangesax, indeed, these are the former Telegraph Ski & Board Awards and are largely (although not exclusively) British run companies. There was no cost to us to be shortlisted, nor have we been asked for any money for the rest of the process.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I recon the awards should be for Best Ski School in the Universe, the "World" is such a small place these days... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@rob@rar, Good luck!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar wrote:
@essex, I agree, I think the Best Ski School category is one that would be better to be judged rather than voted on, but not something that I get to decide.

@flangesax, indeed, these are the former Telegraph Ski & Board Awards and are largely (although not exclusively) British run companies. There was no cost to us to be shortlisted, nor have we been asked for any money for the rest of the process.

Wait until you see the bill for Phil Keith's rubber chicken gala dinner wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Voted.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No reflection on the OP either way, but what a bizarre thing. So it's a uk thing, but claiming "world" coverage, although if you look at their "shortlist" then it looks like it's uk tourist focused.

Gastronomic resort of the year? What, you're kidding. Which do you think has the most Michelin starred restaurants? Clue: it's not listed. But how exactly does that work again.... how is this absurd short list constructed, precisely? Obviously not by people who know anything about food. Anything. And then how does the voting work? Voters visit all candidates, check all the restaurants there, then make their vote? Seriously I doubt most voters have been to more than one place listed in the season...

Do you have to actually bribe the journalists, or do they just get drunk in some London wine bar at lunchtime and make this stuff up?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@philwig, although I'm happy for any attention which this may have helped IOS to attract (because I'm a huge fan) I agree with what you say.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Of course it's an exercise in marketing, as are almost all 'awards'. One very cynical view is that the panel votes for categories that largely represent the manufacturers and resorts that will take lots of advertising space and sponsor trips for journalists to report on the resort. The public votes for the categories that are smaller advertisers (or not at all). These are likely to use their mailing lists / social media to encourage their customers to vote (I've heard from every shortlisted shop/ TO that I've had contact with). This promotes both the awards and ultimately the publication.
I don't particularly have a problem with that - so long as you take the results with a pinch of salt. And, of course it's great that Rob and Scott are getting some free publicity and well deserved recognition.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy