Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Poor snow conditions at Chill Factore cause cancellation of British Indoor Ski Cross

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Matrski, Yes but you have pretty low standards......... do you remember marrrrryyyyyy, like I say, you have low standards Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PaulC1984, I think you'll find it wasn't me rolling around in the snow with Mary!!! Also be careful what you say now as your hobbit might report back on u now he is a member.

Surprisingly Paul you've caused this thread to go off track rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Matrski wrote:
@PaulC1984, I think you'll find it wasn't me rolling around in the snow with Mary!!!

hahaha

Me send threads off track, Hurte will be along soon to shout at me Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 5-10-16 19:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Matrski, Are you at Chill much btw? Im not there much anymore as mainly at Tam, but if your ever heading up before the BB give me a shout! Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PaulC1984 wrote:
Matrski wrote:
@PaulC1984, I think you'll find it wasn't me rolling around in the snow with Mary!!!

hahaha

Me send threads off track, Hurte will be along soon to shout at me Happy

Is Theo now a SH?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@GlasgowCyclops, yes for the purposes if the ski test - not that he can use a computer yet Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just an update. Was there today (Thursday) and also Tuesday.
It's still divided into 2, and they were blowing snow cannons down like mad on the far side on both days, on and off. Very nice to ski on, if grippy, once down and groomed: but still needs a load more to be put down, and they are saying so.
The nearer side is obviously being used more, and whilst no worse than it was before the 'scrape' started, it isn't all that great. What nice 'new' snow there is easily being pushed up into soft lumps and mounds at the sides, with ice pretty easy to find and visible in the usual places and increasingly hard to icy in the middle of the narrowed 'run' as people avoid the edges. Not as bad as when I last went post-scrape though.
I hope that they put a lot more down on this side as well as the other.
I asked if it would be fully open by the weekend/ski test. They "hope so".
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grizzler wrote:
Just an update. Was there today (Thursday) and also Tuesday.
It's still divided into 2, and they were blowing snow cannons down like mad on the far side on both days, on and off. Very nice to ski on, if grippy, once down and groomed: but still needs a load more to be put down, and they are saying so.
The nearer side is obviously being used more, and whilst no worse than it was before the 'scrape' started, it isn't all that great. What nice 'new' snow there is easily being pushed up into soft lumps and mounds at the sides, with ice pretty easy to find and visible in the usual places and increasingly hard to icy in the middle of the narrowed 'run' as people avoid the edges. Not as bad as when I last went post-scrape though.
I hope that they put a lot more down on this side as well as the other.
I asked if it would be fully open by the weekend/ski test. They "hope so".

Flipping well hope they have it all open!!!

The slope can take 200 and they don't reduce the numbers if only half the slope is open - 200 people down one side of the slope won't make it safe at all.......

To make things worse if admin has bought the ski test passes as a corporate event (which I imagine thats how chill put them through) they don't account for the 200 slope capacity, nor do lessons so you could have 280 people on one side of the slope....... rolling eyes Embarassed Confused Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For a weekday it was surprisingly busy today, morning and early afternoon (wasn't there later). A lot of big group lessons going on (not many 'private' individuals) and some private lessons too - mainly skiers. They've got good discounts on courses and people are generally starting thinking about holidays and so coming out of hibernation, I guess.
I just hope that it isn't too busy on Sunday because of this as well as the usual weekend traffic.
Digits crossed, hey? wink (Or else a lot of slalom short turn pivot practice Laughing )
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Had a bash this morning whilst my grandson was in a lesson it was all open and the snow was fine. I understand that it isn't the real thing but to get the clobber out puts you in mind that winter is on its way Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was at the Oktobertest there on Sunday and snow condition was pretty good even late in the afternoon. I'm not a regular but it was as good as I've ever experienced there.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Agree about the conditions - Sunday was definitely the best snow I've ever seen there. Would usually expect it to be quite scraped/icy by late afternoon! I'd not been for ages, but really enjoyed it - am probably going to book a few more sessions while they're still doing lift pass deals.

I just wish the morning rush hour traffic wasn't so horrendous - I don't live too far away and would love to pop down more regularly for the weekday early morning sessions (Monday and Wednesday, I think?) as these always seem pretty quiet, but the traffic adds so much time to the journey that it makes it tricky to fit in before work.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy