Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes season pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Morning all!

Does anyone know when Espace Killy season will go up for sale?

And is there an early purchase discount?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If I remember rightly from last year it is October but email them via the website. There is usually an early bird discount if purchased before the start of the season (so before about last week in November). You need to get a Tignes Card that costs 10 Euros - the card last for 3 seasons - without checking you can probably do that now and they post you it. The system then gets loaded with the pass on purchase of the season pass. Mine ran out at end of last season.
You can get a Val D'I EK pass as an alternative. Last year with the early bird discount it was 50 Euros cheaper than Tignes. The only downside is that it's very first use has to be in Val. You have to get on a Val lift first on your first day skiing of the season; does not matter after that. I believe the same is true of the Tignes pass; you have to use that first in Tignes.
chocksaway is the guru on everything "Tignes". See Snow Conditions thread on Tignes
If I remember correctly it was about 1000 Euros for the pass with the discount against the usual price of 1200+ euros. Residents I understand get it half price.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you for the comprehensive reply!

All seems clear....I dont suppose a property owner counts as a resident though Sad
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Philip1972, Are you a property owner in Tignes? As long as your Tignes property is registered with the Proprietors scheme and you meet the qualifying occupancy criteria you are in! 6 weeks =40% off for you the missus and kids,, 16 weeks = 50% off. Last year was exactly €600 for me, €1200 for the public.

@Mark1863, Flattery will get you everywhere!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway, Ah I see. How do we prove occupancy (we bough in Feb this year and have stayed approx 5 weeks so far).

Over the season will be at least 6 weeks, but no idea how to prove that!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Philip1972 wrote:
Over the season will be at least 6 weeks, but no idea how to prove that!

A series of "selfies" holding various daily publications?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@letsgetpiste, lol, I was think around the same lines!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Will leave @chocksaway, to answer re the rules re residency.

Hoping to be there for 8-10 weeks at various times of the season. Just got to finally get rid of that pesky thing called work. Hopefully I am nearly done for good
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Philip1972, First you need to register on the scheme in the office at the Maison de Tignes, both the ladies in there speak excellent English. If you rent out then the agency provides details of occupancy, if it's just you pop into the office each week and say hi! Alternatively, some blocks have semi smart electric meters which provide the appropriate evidence or you can justify with a bank statement (French) that proves you took withdrew cash from your bank account in Tignes. Details are on tignes.net under 'owners scheme'.

You additionally get free entries to the pool, gym etc and if you get enough weeks (16) then a couple of 6 day passes come your way to give to mates.

Obviously this is too late for this year, but certainly something to think about for season 17/18. The lift company also requires a copy of your Tax Fonciere, which you will not have until Oct 17 as it is billed to the owner of a property on Jan 1 each year.

In the past STGM have also given a 30% discount to people not in the scheme, but you will need to e mail them and explain you are a new owner and ask if you are eligible, and what proof they would require in the absence of a Taxe Fonciere. Again the office has good English speakers and writers. Good Luck!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@chocksaway, Brilliant, thank you for such a comprehensive reply!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Update: I sent all the documents (electronically) and have now has my owner status approved, so eligible for a decent discount.

What i dont know, is how to actually buy the lift pass!

Tried the on line system, but the functionality is not there for season passes (only weekly).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I bought our season passes online on Wednesday. Other property owner friends have bought them today but one is still having issues with the website.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Tigski, Could you send me the link you used please?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Philip1972, PM'd you. Quite lengthy so not put on here as it doesn't apply to most users. If anyone else is in the same boat let me know.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Tigski, Thank you!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy