Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RIP Samerberg Sue. Scattering Sue's Ashes 30th Sept Cambridge. Donations in first post

Poster: A snowHead
It's very sad to read this. Condolences to Sue's family and friends. I always enjoyed reading her excellent contributions to the forum (not just helpful, but full of humour and character) - it really does say a lot about her that, as evidenced by all the posts above, she'll be missed on here by so many who never knew her in person.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Damn. Will dedicate some lines to her memory in Austria next season - she is missed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I never met her personally but I do have an overwhelming sense of loss reading through these posts.

She may be gone but will not be forgotten.

RIP.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This is very sad news. Though I've never met Sue or directly emailed her I've read many of her posts and got loads of directions too.
I had really kind of hoped that she we get over this illness, as I have family members still alive today after having a similar thing over 5 years ago but unfortunately not everyone is so lucky.
RIP.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
She was a generous woman and taken too early.The Rumdiary family will think of her every time we are in Austria. Very sad.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Every interaction I recall having with Samerburg Sue was lovely Happy Her new contributions to the photography threads, memories of skiing in the UK, walking holidays in Scotland, music, bits of advice on Austria and general blather will be missed but the old ones not forgotten. Internet forums are weird places and it's when someone's gone that it strikes you that the someone you haven't met in real life was a real person too. I'll raise a glass tonight Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
She will be sorely missed, RIP Sue.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rest in peace Samerburg Sue
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nothing to add, fortunate to have met her a couple of times, R.I.P.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
only met her a couple of times, but found her almost embarrassingly generous with her time and help, and infectious in her enthusiasm for skiing and ski racing. Very sad. RIP Sue
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Rest in Peace, Samerberg Sue.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arrangements and charitable donations in first post
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@holidayloverxx, good work, thanks.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@holidayloverxx, Thanks for that.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There will an equivalent in Germany for overseas friends - I'll post that when I know the details
latest report
RIP Sue, so sad to lose her.
ski holidays
RIP , really got me into downhill on eurosport with the fantasy league with an insight into the personalities etc , im a new poster but she made her mark on me with a refreshing honesty.
snow conditions
@holidayloverxx, thank you for the details. Over 80% of target reached in less than a day - a mark of Sue's impact

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 9-08-16 8:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Indeed. many thanks for the generosity of the donations received already - I've increased the target as it will be going on facebook as well
snow conditions
RIP Sue. We never met, but you helped frequently with all things Austria.
You will truly be missed, words I never thought I'd utter about a stranger I'd never met on a weird "interweb" community xx

(PS - donated, to a wonderful cause)
snow conditions
Here's to absent ski buddies:

snow report
Sad news.

Sue helped me recently a couple of times with some very sound advice, sharing lots of information, hints and tips.

I suspect that she was quite unwell at the time. It speaks volumes that she was willing to do this when there were more pressing things for her to think about....

RIP and thanks again.
snow conditions
I don't know to say.

She was perfectly happy to share what she knew when I asked her about Westendorf and Kitzbuhel, even though I was just another name on SH.

Rest in Peace Sue
snow report
Option for donating in euros now in first post. Thank you to everyone who has donated so far ... the number of donations and the amount raised is lovely to see.
latest report
musher wrote:
@letsgetpiste,
I' ve been trying to think of something since last night and failed miserably. I think I can only agree with Masque, I can't find the words and I don't know what to think. This family will certainly miss Sue.

I think Sue would have approved of your comment.
ski holidays
Back in the land of reliable internet so I'll just post what I managed to get onto Farcebook (as Sue called it) on Saturday night when I first read the sad news.

Sleep well Dear Sue. I'm on the West coast of Scotland tonight, looking out due west it's next stop Nova Scotia. You never did get to do that tour again but I'll raise a glass into the setting sun right now for you. Thinking of days at Alpendorf and Zell am See, your wonderful directions through the blizzarding chaos of my long drive out to Austria, your extensive knowledge on our tour of München and the fabulous feeds you directed us towards there. Finally our 'debates' on here and on Snowheads, we never agreed on much, if anything, but it was always a pleasure. I will miss you 😢

Also been thinking about things that will never be the same without you Sue - European nights involving Bayern München, any Rugby international and especially those involving Wales, race day in the Alpine season to name but a few... RIP my dear friend.
ski holidays
@robboj, she will definitely be missed during the next 6 nations.
snow report
There are some posters you always know will have a pertinent/helpful/witty comment and be worth reading, and she was definitely one of those. RIP
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So sorry to hear this. RIP Sue. My condolences and best wishes go to all her friends and family both online and offline Crying or Very sad
latest report
Just a bump to keep it on the front page for a bit longer. Thanks again for the very generous donations - currently at £601 plus over £100 in gift aid
snow report
RIP Sue

Sound knowledge in Austria, which proved invaluable
snow report
Thinking of Sue on this sad day of her funeral
snow report
Thinking of you Sue, and of her family and all the Snowheads at her funeral today. I hope it goes as well as such events can.

Was thinking that we should have meet up in the Ski Amadé next season so that we can all get together to celebrate Sue's memory where she was happiest? Maybe that idea is already in progress?
ski holidays
Hope all of Sue's friends are doing ok today and there's been a chance for you all to share some happy memories of her.
snow conditions
@robboj, I think we can and should

The service was beautiful....moving readings and Sue's choir sang and were amazing. There was standing room only, a good few tears but laughter too.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 12-08-16 21:11; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, Smile
(I wonder if the choir sang Lauridsen's O Magnum Mysterium. It was one of her favourites.)
snow report
@holidayloverxx, I'm sure it must have been a very difficult day for you, but that really does sound like a lovely way to say goodbye.
ski holidays
@Hurtle, I think it would in that case be fitting to share this
http://youtube.com/v/Q7ch7uottHU
snow conditions
@miranda, it was a privilege to be there
snow report
@Hells Bells, that's also very fitting because Cambridge was an important part of her life.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy