Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RIP Samerberg Sue. Scattering Sue's Ashes 30th Sept Cambridge. Donations in first post

Poster: A snowHead
Two hours of Jonas Kaufmann on Sky Arts just now, Sue would so have loved it (even though he's grown some rather unflattering facial hair).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hurtle, indeed she would!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thinking of you today Samerberg Sue x
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
She once had a right rant at me for writing "ski'ed" Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dobby, you must be thinking of someone else.... Samerberg Sue... rant??... NEVER!!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it too early to raise a glass of gin?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@musher, go right ahead!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Gosh I missed this over the summer. Her posts were always spiky and worth reading.

Condolences to all her many snowHead friends.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We (me, Flangesax, kooky, scarpa, queen bodecia, robboj) fulfilled Sue's final wishes yesterday. Her sister scattered her ashes in the spot where her mother's ashes were scattered more than 50 years ago. Martina brought a bottle of glenlivit from Sue's collection and we raised a glass. We went for a meal afterwards and raised lots more glasses.

The donations have continued to come in but I think that's probably it now. A huge thanks for everyone's generosity...the fund stands at an amazing £1409 31 including gift aid. There is certainly more than €600 in the German fund.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quite a shock returning after the summer to hear the news. I never met Sue, but I was privileged to receive her advice, kindness and warmth. She truly lit up this forum with her personality. She will be missed.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lovely tribute and nice that I can now put a face to that oft-quoted "Samerberg Sue". Will sorely miss her presence here this winter.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So sorry to see RIP Samerberg Sue ..I so often saw her posts and could not believe she had passed away , may she rest in peace .
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
would just like to add a belated tribute, though I never personally met "samerberg sue", she was one of the first to offer advice earlier in the year when I was planning our current trip to Austria for xmas. Bought it all home to me the other day, when we were travelling between Munich and Salzburg and again from Salzburg to Fugen when I saw the road signs to "Samerberg" and I explained the significance to my wife, on how a life can be cut prematurely short.
But from what I could gather from this forum she had a lot of friends and was always on hand to offer invaluable local (and wider) knowledge to fellow snowheads.

R.I.P Sue
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@terrygasson, thank you for sharing. It has been a difficult time for many of us
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Myself and Kooky used to go to the Hotel Rosner and grab a Christmas day drink and sometimes a meal with Sue when she was staying there. We will go down tonight and raise a toast with the staff there who were also her friends.

Missing her.
snow report
The Rosner will be emptier without Sue this year. I've sent a little message to Katarina.

Raising a glass to you Sue. Looks like you have arranged a white Christmas in Amadé!
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, @Scarpa, @queen bodecia, Yes, I'll raise a glass with you from here.

I thought it was lovely on Carols from Kings when they sang her favourite. Fitting indeed.
latest report
Sue. snowHead
snow conditions
I missed this sad earlier this year. Never knew her personally but enjoyed all her posts on this forum. Condolences to all her friends, family & aquaintances xx
latest report
It was a nice day today and I was in Cambridgeshire with a bit of time to kill, so I went to the crem. The actual crem part was closed but the garden was open so I went to Sue's 'tree'. It is a nice peaceful spot (even though you can hear the world passing by on the A14) but it doesn't really feel like a 'Sue' place. I think the mountains of Ski Amadé and Samerberg will always feel far more 'Sue' to me. However it was nice to mentally discuss the general crapness of 2016 with someone who would definitely agree.
snow report
Ange and the kids and Debs and Pete popped into the Rosner this evening for a drink too.
There's certainly been one fewer voice around these 'ere parts of late!
snow conditions
@queen bodecia, @flangesax, Sue would have laughed herself silly yesterday, we bought a round of schnapps for the staff in the Rosner and they all got a telling off for standing round and drinking Shocked Laughing Laughing
That woman is still causing trouble, the minx Twisted Evil
latest report
@flangesax, @Kooky, Laughing Laughing Laughing snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Bloody hell I've just caught this.
Along with many others I never met Sue but she helped me on several occasions with travel plans through Germany and Austria. Her help was always meticulously detailed and obviously it took time to type it all up. I was always grateful and even as I type this I'm about to pass on some of her info to a friend of mine.
Joe
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy