Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lange CRL 90's - Options for softening?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been sliding around for a month now in a pair of Lange CRL 90's which even though were recommended to me as the ideal boot were too stiff once up on the mountain.
So I had V's cut in back of boot. Still too stiff. Next bolt was taken out of back and blanked off - still too stiff!
I've currently had to take 2 weeks off with shin splints due to the above so am wary of using these boots again without further softening.
Currently the boots are off being modded hopefully to make the initial lean more aggressive by cutting the underside of the second buckle flap.
If there are any more options left for softening would be grateful for any info on what's next for my boot butchering adventure.

Cheers,

Chris
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By the time you paid for all these mods would it not be better to get an another set of boots more suited and fitted to you?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nick_C, It appears that as standard there isn't a boot out there with the right flex for my physiology out of the box.
Also bootfitters idea of flex is nowhere near mine sadly Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rockyrobin wrote:
I've been sliding around for a month now in a pair of Lange CRL 90's which even though were recommended to me as the ideal boot were too stiff once up on the mountain.
So I had V's cut in back of boot. Still too stiff. Next bolt was taken out of back and blanked off - still too stiff!
I've currently had to take 2 weeks off with shin splints due to the above so am wary of using these boots again without further softening.
Currently the boots are off being modded hopefully to make the initial lean more aggressive by cutting the underside of the second buckle flap.
If there are any more options left for softening would be grateful for any info on what's next for my boot butchering adventure.

Cheers,

Chris

Game over.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I was looking for some really low end freeride boots but noone seems to carry them.
In particular the Tecnica Spark and Burn but noone has them in resort to try sadly Sad
We may be coming over to cause trouble over the border some time soon. I would be tempted to come into your zoo and give you a shot but you do realise I will cause trouble if the boots are not a solution to my problem. Interested? Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rockyrobin, Always. Have nothing that you have spoken of, however suspect your problem is maybe Bio-mechanical. We'll see. P.M. me with you movements. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I've currently had to take 2 weeks off with shin splints

Sitting in a flat in Verbier for 2 weeks, that's got to be more painful than the shins !
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Cheers. You could be right with the bio-mech thing as I have been told I have a bow legged stance. Also when I got my footbeds done for some reason they did not cant my boots, just relying on the footbed to realign me I think. Certainly find one legged skiing easier but I do wonder if my bowed shin bones are now not pressuring the centre of the cuff and maybe the upper shell is rotating forward on a different line to my shins. Oh well, it'll all come out in the wash I guess Laughing
Anyway, if the boots still don't work i'll PM you and let you know when I get let off the lead and head your way snowHead

srobbo, Hello mate. Yeah, 2 weeks moping around town trying not to spend loads of money has been real hard.
Back to the slopes Monday morning though so its nearly over thank god. If it happens again i'm buying a sledge!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy