Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Centre Parcs Sauerland Feb Half Term

Poster: A snowHead
6 nights, VIP Cottage 616 euros, 2 beds, 2 baths, wifi, fresh bread every morning, media hub, plus £300 for return ferry with cabin, Feb Half Term

7kms from what seems like a really nice ski centre, Winterberg is low but well served with cannons, floodlit night skiing too

This is from the website

The ski circuit Winterberg is the largest coherent ski area north of the Mainlinie and located in the ski region Sauerland. The ski area offers numerous well-groomed pistes for all levels of difficulty. The slopes can be prepared with modern snowmaking equipment. And next to the pistes, the ski area also offers a toboggan run and numerous pristine ski lodges. Skiing by night is also possible hence several pistes are floodlit. A huge children’s area is located near the Herrloh.

Take the T5, bikes, skis, everything with us, my 10 year old first trip, he loves UK centre parcs, the pools, climbing etc, under a grand, half term, centre parcs and skiing for a week for 3 of us, historically there is always snow in Feb, I know someone will shoot me down in flames but I feel rather pleased with myself.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sort of thing I/we would love to do and currently looking at getting a van for future family trips to Europe. My twins are 4 and we took them to a kinder hotel for last year's family ski trip (which was excellent but expensive). Please post back how it works out for you. Going to be googling the area and that Centre Parc location for the rest of the working day Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds like a great idea. Looking at the piste map its a small resort, but we've done loads of skiing in small resorts for 3-4 day long weekends and occasionally a week when learning, and its been great. Have fun.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want to do a Centre Parcs holiday with a bit of skiing there is one near the big indoor slope at Peer in Belgium, probably makes more sense in the summer.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There building a new lift this summer
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
First dusting expected over the weekend
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
There building a new lift this summer

Where ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.skiliftkarussell.de/en/aktuell/webcams.html
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If Winterberg gets too busy (which it can do when the snow is good and it is a weekend) then there are lots of other smaller lifts that are all covered by the same pass (as long as you have at least 3 days). Hunau, Willingen, Neuastenberg and Altastenberg are the best other ones to check out.

If the snow is good there are also 100's of km of cross country trails if you are into that. There is also a bob track in Winterberg and a world cup ski jump in Willingen.

Snow can very hit and miss but because it's all on meadow they only need a dusting to get everything open. I've seen it go from no lifts to everything open overnight! It's not the Alps obviously however if you are going primarily for Centre Parcs and other activities with a bit of skiing on the side it's great.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well we are hoping to ski midweek when the queues are down.

It's opening tomorrow, just one lift!

Thanks for the information, taking our 10 year old so centre Parcs gives us options.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Inspired by this post I've booked half term in the German Chamonix (I wish), praying for snow now already.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
125cms so half term should be fine
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@up4it, How did this go? I'm wondering about it as an option for taking a novice 8 year old skiing next year for a short break.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well the trip was easy, 250 miles from Hoek Van Holland, arrived and it was a very alpine feel weather wise, lots of snow.

Didn't ski on the Sunday but had a ride into Winterberg to have a look around, very busy with traffic jams getting out

Skied Mon-Thurs in bluebird conditions, well maintained pistes but some busy bottlenecks

Slopes are short, 200m verticals but for a 10 year old, excellent and not daunting. probably 30kms in Winterberg

Lifts are modern and efficient, had a day in Willingen which had more difficult longer slopes but slightest disjointed

Family preferred winterberg, €88 for a 4 day pass,
reasonable prices, stayed 10 mins away at centre parks, decent pools and sports halls, bars, restaurants etc, not as swish as back home but better facilities than any hotel could offer

Villa €616
Ferry with good cabin £320
Fuel £100
Passes for 3 €242
For half term it's excellent value

When we left it was raining though and it's above freezing and still raining now

Also the roads were clear when we arrived, the snow came about 2 weeks previous

Driving 40 miles through the uplands at 1800-2000 feet after a big fall of snow would be problematic if you arrived at the wrong time

We will probably book again one more time, if I had £4000 spare I'd go somewhere else but for £1000 for 3, half term in a lovely detached 2 bed 2 bath cottage with facilities on tap, you can't go wrong

Quite a few English knocking about

It is what it is and it's not the Alps, but we knew that.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We enjoyed it, only skied four days as our youngest (5) is still rather a hesitant skier. Other time spent sledging, swimming pools or center parc type stuff.
Probably this was a good half term snow wise speaking to locals but most ski areas seem to have reasonable snow making.
We enjoyed Willingen much more than Winterberg as pistes much longer (although less of them) and seemed to have more atmosphere.
We also liked the small ski area of Rhurquelle as the chair lift there allowed us to do laps teaching the youngest to ski on a deserted piste with a nice cafe at the bottom

The accommodation was a fine but online reviews suggest lot of disappointed Brits as not exactly like Boden/IKEA ads that the British Center Parcs are. The main Hotel area where facilities are was a bit tired and food in general poor in the cafes but hey it's Germany you're likely to want to self cater anyway.
Other online reviews complained of everything being in German (surprise surprise), which is true and a smattering of German definitely helps get around, English is not universally spoken. Indeed last week the most common language to be heard was Dutch.

Its not the Alps but as Up4it points out its alot cheaper and for a beginner good (if you're teaching them) not to sure about lessons if you wanted them, i'd imagine most group ones are in German.
latest report
Ha, we probably must've bumped into you at some point
latest report
Everything's in German but that's ok, I live by Sherwood Forest Centre Parks and that's all in English!

I like the Germans and Dutch, certainly less rude than the French!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy