Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A week at Christmas/New Year

Poster: A snowHead
I have a compulsory 2 weeks off work over Christmas and rather than use it for eating and doing nothing, I thought I'd go sliding down a mountain somewhere. I have absolutely no idea where, only that it'll either be a week from 24th Dec or a week from 31st Dec...and that I'll try to do it budget. i.e less than a grand including flights, transfers, accommodation, lift pass and probably food too. I managed this last Christmas all on my own, although the quality of food may have been a bit less than some people's idea of a good meal!

Primarily I guess I'm looking for someone to share costs with and give me options on accommodation. I'm happy to ski with people or on my own, probably describe myself as an adventurous intermediate. I'll get down most things but still getting to grips with moguls on blacks and have limited off piste experience.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi SnoodyMcFlude, I just saw your post and am interested in potentially joining you on a ski trip. Skiing level wise i'd say i'm about the same as you.

I'm currently living in Switzerland, however, am up for skiing pretty much anywhere there is decent snow! Very Happy

Last year I spent Christmas in Chamonix which was awesome. If you're interested to go there or in France there is an organisation called UCPA, they offer ski holidays at very reasonable prices (I paid €600 for 1 week incl. accommodation, lift pass, food and a group guide).

Did you already have some ideas about where you might like to go?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi There. Singlesport is in St Christoph/St Anton at Christmas. We have been there the last few Christmases & the snow has been ok when other resorts have struggled. Always a sociable group of varied ability skiers & boarders. Come & join us.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If a group trip doesn't work, I'd be up for splitting the cost with a second person. (Or joining a group!). I also have to take compulsory leave at Christmas so it's either skiing or go home where I'll be accosted about why I'm not engaged yet or when I will get a proper job.

@SnoodyMcFlude, I think we met on EOSB anyway?

@skigirl21, That sounds fun, I'll give it a look

@Garethr, I do love Chamonix, but last christmas you had more chance of finding unicorns there than snow.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@SnoodyMcFlude, I managed to get a week off from 31st Dec and I may be interested in sliding down a mountain somewhere too...
Just no ideas where as yet... And I'm not quite your standard though...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@dp, we did indeed, I think I palmed some crap box wine onto you Very Happy

@aewynia, I got itchy feet and booked something already. I'm off to Ski Amade on 31st staying with Kooky and Scarpa who I get the impression are considerably better at skiing than me Very Happy I'll most likely spend the week bumbling about, if you end up in that sort of area then let me know as I'm always happy to meet up and ski Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SnoodyMcFlude, we ARE the best skiers on the mountain wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dp wrote:

@Garethr, I do love Chamonix, but last christmas you had more chance of finding unicorns there than snow.

You'd have been lucky to find snow any where in the Alps last Christmas. snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SnoodyMcFlude, @Kooky,

Is Ski Amade good? And is it expensive? Just looking at potential options, thanks. snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The lift company at St Anton say they expect their new lifts to be open on 2 December making them the largest area in Austria. Fingers crossed the work continues on schedule
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
aewynia wrote:
@SnoodyMcFlude, @Kooky,

Is Ski Amade good? And is it expensive? Just looking at potential options, thanks. snowHead

I have no answer to either of those questions Very Happy As long as it has some form of snow then I'll be happy though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

staying with Kooky and Scarpa who I get the impression are considerably better at skiing than me

They're very patient and understanding though Smile

Quote:

The lift company at St Anton say they expect their new lifts to be open on 2 December making them the largest area in Austria.

Temporarily wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@SnoodyMcFlude, there will be snow don't you fret!
Although last year wasn't a good early start, I was still skiing/touring at the end of November. Did a fabulous Christmas day ski tour when the lifts were closed, it was really good.

Quote:

Is Ski Amade good?

Just a little bit
Madeye-Smiley

edit to make Snoody smile, my trusty weather fairy told me we could get a slight dusting of snow on Wednesday wink

Watch this space

http://www.bergfex.at/zauchensee/wetter/berg/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
New to this lark just signed on Single fella also looking for ski hol from say 22/12 to 7/1 intermediate level what is best place to go likely to get snow or got them snow cannons Nottingham based
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is anyone still looking for a ski buddy? I am 28, low intermediate level skier.

I am based in London, UK and looking to go 24-31Dec on a budget, not too concerned where as long as there is snow Smile

I have managed to get good last minute deals in the past, however not sure if this would work over Christmas week.

Anyone who is interested, please get in touch!
latest report
@mila, I'm not looking any more but did manage a week over last Christmas that I only booked a few days before. I guess that was mostly because conditions were poor but there's definitely scope to do it Smile
snow report
 khushi24u
khushi24u
Hello!
I am new to this group.
I am looking for cheap ski from 22/12/2016 to 7/1/2017.
Can you please suggest me some good and cheap ski resort in Austria/Germany or Switzerland to stay for min 7days.

Regards,
K
snow report
@mila @vmac, not sure what budget you have, I booked with Neilson for about £500 (inc single sup) 20th-27th Dec, flights+transfers, 1/2 board. Looks like they're doing free kit now too. I have no idea what Bulgaria will be like but I enjoyed Chamonix last Xmas and reading some the comments above about the poor snow covering I must be easily pleased...
ski holidays
@RoboJ @SnoodyMcFlude thank you! Seems like I can get a deal last minute. Still looking for a ski buddy - I guess my dates (24-31 Dec) don't help
snow conditions
Hi there, I'm also looking for a ski buddy from 26th December onwards. I don't mind where I ski but I must keep costs down. Am a good skier and have my own kit. Thanks
ski holidays
I could do 24/12 but potentially prefer the week before.
snow report
Hi. I'm looking for a ski buddy to go over xmas (24-31st Dec). I'm not too fussed by location or even the cost (as long as its under £1k). I am 38 , male and based in London. Good skiier but may struggle in a few off-piste bits.
snow report
I am in the same boat, snowboarder looking to go somewhere from 25th till 3rd, flexible, have my own boards. Preferably on a budget, not sure where to go, Italy, France, Austria or Andorra?? Anyone in similar position, give me a call.
ski holidays
I'm going to take this opportunity to pimp-my-place!

Normally we reserve our house for only exclusive stays for large groups during the peak weeks of the year. This has worked perfectly well for the last 10 seasons but this year the days are all a bit funny and a group is with us over Xmas so we are offering accommodation by the room.

I’ve noticed from friends on here that a few friendly SH’s haven’t been in the position to organise a group trip but would love to visit on their own or with a couple of mates. Up to this point we have always tried to keep exclusive group bookings for our peak weeks but this year we’d love to try and offer stays by the person so more people can benefit from a cheeky week away at New Year.

There are some advantages to getting out to visit us! We’ve kept hold of very flexible check-in dates. We can offer the Thursday 28th, Friday 29th or Saturday 30th, so you may be able to bag some cheap flights. So there is no need to arrive on the Saturday and rush out for the big party!

We have availability with flexible check-in from 29th through to the next week.
We are after 5 night minimum's really.
All the prices are based on 2 sharing (minimum) so if you could find another snowHead to buddy up with!

PM me for more info or follow the links below!

Oi... admin et al... feel free to tell me to get stuffed wink
snow conditions
So is anybody up for doing the above? or anything else? I am if somebody wants to buddy up with me

27 yo male, good skier on and off piste, looking mainly for challenging pistes and lift-served off piste

If anyone is game please give me a PM and we'll book some time in Austria! I'd prefer to go earlier than later, I'm off from about the 22nd or so.

DP
latest report
So @Garethr, @Mila, Have you guys managed to sort anything out yet? Am itching to get out from the 25th to the 3rd of Jan, flexible a bit on dates, is there anyone else out there wanting to take a trip?

I am also considering a road trip, have a Skoda Superb Estate, so lots of room in it, would fit snow tires for the trip, have chains too. This might open up opportunities and reduce the costs by staying in self catering places... PM me if interested.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 14-11-16 0:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Hello - I'll be out in Austria from December 10th or so with transport - I buy the Tyrol snow card so it covers every resort from Fieberbrun to Icshgl - 92 or so. I have some accommodation options in Ichsgl so can offer two bunks for 2 people at a push. Back in the Uk for xmas though but if you can get late flight on the 27th/early on the 28th to Munich I can pick you up and drive you to the Alps. I'm a good offpiste skier and ski tourer...
snow conditions
Sorted.....found last seat on the BA flight to Venice, off to Cortina for a week with Inghams, they did a deal even though going solo. There are still places available in La Plagne though, but prices are rising as phones red hot for Christmas get aways now they have had plenty of snow..
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We are still able to help out!
We’ve got flexible check-in dates. We can offer the Thursday 28th, Friday 29th or Saturday 30th (hopefully flights may be a bit cheaper for weekdays!)

There should be a few SH's about too so people to get out with!

If this goes as well as I hope then it also means that myself and mrs flangesax will benefit from a week that feels like a holiday with you lot too!

(€59pp pn based on 2 sharing)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy