Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When would you prefer to Travel - Xmas 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All,

Just wondering if you were going to get away for the festive period would you prefer to travel on the 20/21 or 24th December? When having a look around the TO's some have moved the transfer days about due to how the holidays fall. I'm wondering if traveling on Xmas Eve and returning NYE would put people off?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think it's probably too late to wonder - most people have probably decided by now. Certainly returning to UK late on NYE is likely to be a mare as far as public transport connections are concerned. Xmas Eve never a good public transport day either.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I guess what I am trying to establish is, if you are not bothered about Xmas eve and NYE, could the resorts be a little quieter than normal due to the transfer days?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
With Brexit recession and the collapse of Sterling, the Xmas period in and out of the UK will be quieter than normal.

Just book whenever and ignore the crowds.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

With Brexit recession

there aren't enough trading quarters left to officially have a recession pre-ski season NehNeh

Quote:

the collapse of Sterling

still trading higher against the Euro than it was about 3 years ago and that didn't stop many from going.

But to answer the question, if DIYing a good time to go will be 2nd or 3rd January for a short week. Many places, especially in Austria, just book out for the NY period and many go home shortly after.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy