Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

9 Canadian Ski Resorts and some Heli Skiing 2016

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have made a website to help anyone planning on doing a ski tour of Canadian ski resorts as there wasn't much out there to help us plan our own. Obviously its totally subjective but too many reports to put in the one thread. It was absolutely amazing!

http://canadaskitour.weebly.com - moved to www.insearchofpowder.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 19-12-16 18:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Like it - kinda agree broadly with your rankings apart from Red which I'd bump higher cos I've always been lucky there and there is the best general std of skiing in the world there. You shoulda hit Fernie and Castle though too - always good to have a reason to go back
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Think we were unlucky with Red, would definitely go back there. Will save Fernie etc for another trip.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nice site Very Happy

I've not yet been to Revelstoke, but you've just made up my mind Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All interesting.

Eagle Pass is a decent operator: a good choice there I think.

Overall you have the problem that a single visit, even a reasonable length one, is hugely dependent upon the weather. Some seasons, some resorts are garbage; other times they'll be the best thing ever. It's all about the snow. Revelstoke for example is one of my favourite places, and it's in the right place for the good stuff. However if you ride enough then eventually you'll get there when it's top-to-bottom rained-on, which doesn't deliver quite the same experience.

Hence my personal approach is that there aren't good places and bad places, there are just places with snow and then everywhere else. I'd rather be where the snow is: everything else is negotiable.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We have a trip to Japan we wanted to add to the website and to do some equipment reviews so we have moved to our own domain-
www.insearchofpowder.com
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@blackisle, awesome site I really enjoyed reading your trip reports, made me want to do it myself next year though I don't drive!

When are you off to Japan and for how long?

I'm in Niseko in February, first time outside of Europe and really wanting to try Canada next year so thanks for the insights from your site.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Canada is brilliant, couldn't recommend it highly enough! We are going to Japan from Boxing day until January 9th. Head to furano and then Niseko.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Awesome website, really enjoyed the reviews, heading out to Canada (Whistler) for the first time in Feb, can't wait!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looking forward to your Japan report as hoping to do a trip there in the future.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy