Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet cost saving

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there any reason when booking cheap flights not to just buy the seats now then add the more expensive baggage and ski carriage fees much closer to departure?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That should be ok
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unless the available ski carriage gets booked up first. Not sure if this is an issue with the A320s. I am often surprised by how many ski bags they manage to fit on even when the plane is full.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@cad99uk, they use a special trailer.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@On the rocks, I never book/pay for luggage when I book EJ/Ryanair flights - often many months ahead - as I don't see the need to be out that money until necessary. Ski carriage might be different though; charters definitely 'run out' of ski space before the flight is full
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, So that's what those big gliders are for.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No issue with easyJet but Ryanair charge a higher rate for adding bags and seats after a booking has been made.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@cad99uk, Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have heard of folks (In Holland) just booking the cheapest tickets possible (in advance) with Transavia & then later stage booking & sending a courier service with all the luggage Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everybody
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@On the rocks

On the rocks wrote:
Is there any reason when booking cheap flights not to just buy the seats now then add the more expensive baggage and ski carriage fees much closer to departure?

You might also consider these guys, depending on how much Easyjet are charging for a case and skis (and how lazy you are):

www.luggagemule.co.uk

A giant ski bag 2m long and up to 30Kg, is £95 GBP return from UK to French ski resorts.

And look-out for their regular discount code emails - often 10-15%.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PeDaSp wrote:
@On the rocks

On the rocks wrote:

You might also consider these guys, depending on how much Easyjet are charging for a case and skis (and how lazy you are):

www.luggagemule.co.uk

A giant ski bag 2m long and up to 30Kg, is £95 GBP return from UK to French ski resorts.

And look-out for their regular discount code emails - often 10-15%.

Skis with Easyjet count as "Small" sports equipment, so cost £60 return, with 20Kg allowed, so luggagemule wouldn't be the most economical way for most. A standard hold luggage bag on most Ski routes would be around £26-£36 return and give another 20Kg, so you have a total of 40Kg allowed for about the same cost as luggaggemule, which you can spread as you like between your two bags (3 if you have a boot bag), so long as no one bag is over 32Kg.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@alex_heney, Good points. Thanks. And don't forget that SWISS, Virgin, Lufthansa and a few other airlines will take a 20Kg ski bag for FREE. Plus I recently booked a BA economy flight to Geneva, and was able to upgrade one-way for £3 to business class. But that meant I could have 2 x 20Kg bags (inc. a ski bag) both ways!

My 30Kg giant ski bag allows me to fit my skis and all my other ski gear and clothes — so that's the only bag I need when using LuggageMule. More than enough for a weeks skiing. And it's just so great not to be dragging bags and ski arounds all day.

I also have a great, slim, Rossignol ski boot bag, that I take as hand-luggage on the flight.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy