Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski courses Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all
Any recommendations for ski courses in chamonix for going to off piste or black runs, ideally in a group. I love to get to a level to take on vallee blanche.

Thanks folks.
Pat
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pat, Vallee Blanche can be just like any old red run. Although there are more challenging variants.

Check out Evolution2 and if you do book please tell them that the recommendation came from Maison de l'Argoat, thanks Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jackcards,
From my experience and that of chums I can highly recommend the British Alpine Ski School (Chamonix), Alison Culshaw, and Mark Gear / All Mountain Performance. All have websites explaining what they do, when and for how much.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jackcards, check out my courses \/ I have had a few snowheads on them Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool thanks people Smile I have someone with me that will be learning to ski, so I'd love to be able to have them go to lessons and I get in with a crowd and have a bit of crack, and maybe even get confident on steep reds or easy blacks, but slowly build it up, cause I missed last season Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
is chamonix really a great place to go for resort skiing?
have you considered other places?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chaminiox caters for all levels (IMHO) and I would like to be near Lyon, I've skied 10 years + so I'm looking for Km's rather than repeatable slopes. so I can do a tour and try more off piste.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@livetoski I will check your courses. I'm not sure yet when I'll be heading but I'd like to be getting off piste going and getting in to blacks in a safe way.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jackcards wrote:
Hi all
Any recommendations for ski courses in chamonix for going to off piste or black runs, ideally in a group. I love to get to a level to take on vallee blanche.

Thanks folks.
Pat

I am doing the SnowSheapherd Off piste course in Cham in January, might be a good fit with what want.

Ian
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jackcards, thanks, my courses are pretty varied, lots of off piste but also instruction on steep reds and blacks to get the right techniques in place for off piste skiing.

Off piste is not all about powder!

We also usually do a ski tour on the glaciers and aim to get everyone down the vallee blanche as long as conditions are safe.

If you want to chat over, my phone is usually always on!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For my sins and to try and sort out my lack of ability off-piste I have booked into one of livetoski's trips (the first one starting 22nd Jan).

Rather looking forward to it (have already booked time off work but need to look at flights) - should be a great learning experience.
Would be great to have a load of snowHeads on the same trip - similar gregarious personalities would be an appropriate description!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

similar gregarious personalities would be an appropriate description!

Oh god what have I let myself in for! I might have to go back on the free beer offer, last year one load of lads almost broke me with free beer, I wonder if they were snowheads LOL
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy