Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short break staying in La Tania -January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

After spending the last 8 years going to Portes du Soleil for our 'Lads ski weekend' - I had the bright idea of changing the location to the 3 Valleys for 2017, preferably staying in La Tania (this is where I normally go for a week later in the year). The problem is, there doesn't seem to be the abundance of Chalets doing long weekends (Wednesday/Thursday to Sunday) as there is around the PdS. We tend to go early/mid January before the season starts to get busy and many Chalets seem to prefer having a full chalet for part of the week rather than a half empty chalet for the whole one.

Only option at the moment is to stay at the Hotel Montana. . . which we could do - but would rather be in a catered chalet.

Has anyone had any luck in booking a long weekend in La Tania (or Le Praz/1650) or know of any Chalets that would be prepared to do so?

Details:
Looking to go out on either 11th or 12th Jan and coming back on the 15th.
Group of 12 lads (I say lads. . . I'm the youngest and I'm in my 40's).

All help much appreciated - Rob
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Telemark hotel (part of Family Friendly Skiing) would be more like a chalet than Hotel Montana I think.

Ski Hame do flexible bookings on some of their chalets. http://skihame.co.uk/la_tania/chalets.htm

With a group of 12 of you, and it being a relatively quiet time, you might be able to negotiate something with any of the chalet companies in La Tania, particularly if they are doing Sunday-Sunday weeks, as you won't then impact on their following week. http://www.latania.co.uk/ is a good place to start a search like that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another recommendation for Ski Hame Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@morganski, try www.the3valleys.com Chalet-Hotel La Tania. Great food, wine and service, excellent location, the owners are lovely people and they will often do short breaks or flexible start days. The sauna is lovely too Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kieranm wrote:
The Telemark hotel (part of Family Friendly Skiing) would be more like a chalet than Hotel Montana I think.

Ski Hame do flexible bookings on some of their chalets. http://skihame.co.uk/la_tania/chalets.htm

With a group of 12 of you, and it being a relatively quiet time, you might be able to negotiate something with any of the chalet companies in La Tania, particularly if they are doing Sunday-Sunday weeks, as you won't then impact on their following week. http://www.latania.co.uk/ is a good place to start a search like that.

I've stopped in the Telemark for a long weekend 2 seasons ago. Lively bar, friendly staff and good food. Easy access to the slopes, about 100m away from the blue into La Tania and you can ski back to the same place. Similar distance to the lift down to the village. Only downside might be rooms are a little basic ... but it's a lads trip Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ski Amis can be quite flexible (depending on their bookings) - I stayed with them in La Tania this year and they were very good.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could book some apartments for the week and just use them the days you are there - you'll find loads of availability if you search Saturday to Saturday on tripadvisor or similar. We started doing our lads trips from Saturday to Wednesday for just that reason.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@monkey, that was going to be my suggestion. For mid-January it will probably be reasonably price...depends what you're after though, if you just want cheap and a place to stay then you could probably go to the Crystal place
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have spent a long weekend at Hotel les Peupliers in Le Praz before but it was off season. Still worth a try. If you do get in I thoroughly recommend their restaurant La table de mon grand pere.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for suggestions so far - I've fired off some emails.

It's tricky for all of us to get the same time off work (included in the group are several company directors from within the same company) so Thursday and Friday works well - meaning we can fly out Wednesday evening and have 4 full days of skiing (taking the last flight back on Sunday) for only 2 days off work.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for all the pointers - very helpful.

Managed to book a chalet in Le Praz - La Grange Aux Praz from Wednesday to Sunday, seems to suit all our needs.

Now need to think about booking a week in February for the other group!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@morganski, glad you've found something Very Happy You have a PM
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stodge wrote:
Ski Amis can be quite flexible (depending on their bookings) - I stayed with them in La Tania this year and they were very good.

Indeed when we stayed in La Tania with them over the New Year 2015 there were some lads who had booked in to our chalet for just a few days over the New year.

Glad to hear you are sorted now though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy