Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
skimastaaah wrote:
@stanton, As regards rising costs for next season I've still got my Amex, Lloyds, HSBC, credit cards with a total available credit of around £100,000. Plus my salary which is related to my outstanding PDR this year, that's another £75,000-£80,000!!

I don't think I'm going to spot a little hike in the cost of my several ski trips, but I may just trade in the SL500 next year rather than this year.

For those of us who pamper ourselves now when holidaying in the Alps, some of us may just remember the "ski-bum" years as, ... well ... bummer!

Oh yeah everyone im ok, a rich f u c k with Amex card who f u c k in cares.

I got news a lot of people do care..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Old Fartbag wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:

BTW, Mrs Skimastaaah has her brand new EU Irish passport. NehNeh

Mine applied for.

It would be interesting to know, what percentage of people in the UK that are entitled to one, have applied.

Ah yes, the old granny rule. I suppose it has benefitted Irish soccer teams over the years.

However, visitors from the UK to ROI are down 6% so far this year due to sterling weakness and expected to get worse as the year progresses.

So they might have the passports, but unfortunately can't all afford the price of the Ryanair ticket and Temple Bar Guinness (which is horrendously expensive at the best of times)...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
I got news a lot of people do care..

Well you don't seem to care about anyone but yerself Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@martinm, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rzer wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
skimastaaah wrote:

BTW, Mrs Skimastaaah has her brand new EU Irish passport. NehNeh

Mine applied for.

It would be interesting to know, what percentage of people in the UK that are entitled to one, have applied.

Ah yes, the old granny rule. I suppose it has benefitted Irish soccer teams over the years.

However, visitors from the UK to ROI are down 6% so far this year due to sterling weakness and expected to get worse as the year progresses.

So they might have the passports, but unfortunately can't all afford the price of the Ryanair ticket and Temple Bar Guinness (which is horrendously expensive at the best of times)...

Mrs Skimastaaah was born in Dublin FYI! Ryanair flights from Leeds to Dublin cheap as chips, it's the silly Temple Bar hotels that spoil the game! Still favour The Marker Hotel, nice cocktail bar!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:

Oh yeah everyone im ok, a rich f u c k with Amex card who f u c k in cares.

Rule number one ................ when losing a debate, berate with abusive language.

Stanton, ......... you really do look very much like a deranged cretin with anger management issues.

Sir, I diagnose you with VODI......... Virtual Oppositional Defiance Issues.

Now get back to your usual rant about the value of Sterling!!!!!
NehNeh
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skimastaaah,

Sterling will fall below Parity.

I am expecting British Government Fallout/Turmoil which will overflow into the markets.

British pound went from 1.42 euros to 1.08 euros in 1 year lol . That is 31 % lost in value
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am expecting British Government Fallout/Turmoil
[/quote]

Welcome to the British government, and most governments for that matter - don't need brexit to create this Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
@skimastaaah,

British pound went from 1.42 euros to 1.08 euros in 1 year lol . That is 31 % lost in value

Damn................ that means Mrs Skimastaaah will have to drink d'Yquem rather than Petrus! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Please lets not forget The UK is leaving by its own vote.

It is not the EU fault for any of the problems the Pound is facing right now, this was all predicted.
Also the ensuing problems/obstacles Brisitsh Citizens after Brexit like freely & living in the EU.

The UK has voted to give up those rights .

Your future rights in the EU are not being served very well while the UK government is appears to be using innocent EU citizens in the UK as bargaining chips.

EU negotiators are standing their ground on any trade talks until Citizens Rights are protected & Debt payments are met by the UK.

The Pound will continue to sink until this uncertainty is resolved.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am going to buy 10 year government bonds in Greece, ITALY, Portugal, and Spain in order to protect the value of my £'s. Then again, I might wait a while, and see what happens....

Recent economic events
GMT Description Impact
25 Aug 2017
7:00 PM
ECB's Draghi Speaks in Jackson Hole, US High --

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 25-08-17 10:58; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton wrote:
Please lets not forget The UK is leaving by its own vote.

It is not the EU fault for any of the problems the Pound is facing right now, this was all predicted.
Also the ensuing problems/obstacles Brisitsh Citizens after Brexit like freely & living in the EU.

The UK has voted to give up those rights .

Your future rights in the EU are not being served very well while the UK government is appears to be using innocent EU citizens in the UK as bargaining chips.

EU negotiators are standing their ground on any trade talks until Citizens Rights are protected & Debt payments are met by the UK.

The Pound will continue to sink until this uncertainty is resolved.

Exactly why there should be an immediate "Hard Brexit"!

And remember Stanton that the 52% of voters voted for a Brexit because of UK citizens rights ahead of EU citizens.
Sod the EU and their dick-waving and EU citizens' rights.
Sod the "debt" payments.
UK NET CONTRIBUTION in 2016 was £8.6 Billion. Madeye-Smiley
The EU need the UK to remain as net contributors to the EU third world
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimastaaah wrote:

UK NET CONTRIBUTION in 2016 was £8.6 Billion. Madeye-Smiley

The UK pays very little due to its massive rebate & many negotiated optouts/subsidies.

The cost is less the 1% of the UK GDP .. Not bad value imo to have access the biggest single market in the World. You will never get a better deal than you have now .

All over the World where Referendums are held in Democratic Country's their Governments always set a threshold in Referendum results normally around 10-15% before they would act on the result.

When UK leaves the funds will not be lost as the budget will be adjusted for the remaining & as I said because of the UK rebates the UK contribution is tiny per person & very low compared to say less populous countries.

Here in Switzerland we have Referendums a few times a year (Cantons & Federal)on all kind of issues but there has to be threshold result before the result is put into action/law.

The UK result was so narrow that you now have a Divided Country which could even end up Breaking Up UK who knows but from outside it does not look very good.

Come and live in Switzerland to find Out what the UK has to look forward to ....

I can give you an idea of the everyday prices you can expect to pay outside the EU??
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bigtipper wrote:
I am going to buy 10 year government bonds in Greece, ITALY, Portugal, and Spain in order to protect the value of my £'s. Then again, I might wait a while, and see what happens....

Recent economic events
GMT Description Impact
25 Aug 2017
7:00 PM
ECB's Draghi Speaks in Jackson Hole, US High --

Me to but not in Sterling!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stanton, Read and weep

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwlf_MBRDUARIsAD8Gj8DxsPmsp1altnZcIbGZR39FBFJLOIztKM6z8BQ7BDDGjPhF4WsdRx0aAoNgEALw_wcB

Wherever you get your stats from you're still missing the point. Euro/Sterling parity may be a reality, but what do you think will be the resultant effect of a Brexited UK? Sadly a little bit like Trump's "America First" attitude.

Do you really think Mercedes/BMW/Audi/VW/Skoda are going to meet UK sales targets ever again with a 25-30% relative devaluation? Or for that matter French wine sales? Dutch flowers and cheese? Italian meats?

I very much doubt that over-valued EU commodities costing 25% more will be tolerated. Already basic EU dairy prices have rocketed, but domestic poultry/meat products in the UK remain excellent value. All we shall see is supermarket re-focussing on the more profitable Non-EU products to replace the pricier EU products. In the end the EU as an entity shall lose out! (Edit to add that Aldi may just win out!)

As a result the UK as a whole will "cut its cloth" to match. So will UK skiers. The value of the Pound against any currency does not affect my skiing. It is what my (considerable) ski-budget will allow me to enjoy. I (personally) will not enjoy the 75/80 Euro lunches for two again, but will expect the cost of a beer or a bottle of wine to limit just how much I drink. Instead of 25 to 30 days skiing a year I may just ski 20!

But ski I shall, at parity or not. As long as I can still afford (quite easily) to ski in an over-priced Europe.
snow report
@skimastaaah, And regards skiing I agree with you.

The cost of my Ski holidays haven't risen this year, as they didn't last. The cost of accommodation hasn't changed, I have seen properties in europe adjusting their prices, rather than the change in exchange rate - meaning EU loses out not me.

Same goes for car hire, flights, and so on.

Now I'm not blind, I can see that the cost of my lift passes has increased, as has the cost of eating out whilst there - I just set myself a budget in euros the same as last year and stick to it - not because I'm short of cash but because thats what normal people do. Yes this means the odd bottle of wine less or one less meal out, but to be honest I don't miss them - I rather enjoy cooking in rather than eating out. - Again this will be the resorts losing out on ££ not me.

So back to the original point of your thread, NOPE last season and this season haven't cost a penny more (in fact ever so slightly cheaper over all)

Oh and Ive not even seen a rise in equipment cost (purchase that is)

Clearly someone in europe is cutting their margins..... Wonderful! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
skimastaaah wrote:
.... But ski I shall, at parity or not. As long as I can still afford (quite easily) to ski in an over-priced Europe.
I think that's one thing both Brexit voters and "remainers" can agree on then: none of us have a problem with Brexit voters paying more.

I'm grateful to them for buying all my sterling from me, after all.

Of course Brexiters who don't ski may take a little while longer to start to feel the pain.
snow report
Quote:

in an over-priced Europe

overpriced in which currency?
snow conditions
Eurozone (France, Germany, Austria), and Swiss Franc-land. Toofy Grin
snow report
@skimastaaah, I made a mistake your contribution is 0.5% of GDP (not 1%) .

Very strange that 4% of the voters can stop the freedoms of all the British young people. Freedoms you have enjoyed for 40years.

Referendums in Western Democracy's would be null & void with such small margin.

Just look at te chaos it has created since June 2016.

You over estimate the importance of the UK market ot Germany, Holland etc. Emerging markets are more important. They will still sell to the UK but reduce/budget specifications.

UK "cut its cloth" is another experesion for "reduced standard of living"

People on Mainland Europe just do not understand it .even us here in Switzerland think your all mad..
snow conditions
@PaulC1984, Brexit has cost you more whatever way you want to calculate it . Just getting to the airport in the UK will of cost you more than last year...becuase of UK inflation.
snow conditions
@PaulC1984, I doubt I shall spend more for skiing this coming season. With 3 sets of ski flights already booked, I'll wait to see where the snow coincides before deciding on the resorts. Car hire is a known quantity, hotel prices pretty much the same (if not cheaper in some resorts), the lift pass costs may well rise, but this will be countered by what I don't spend either in the resort bars or the mountain restaurants. And as you say equipment costs are nil if you have got the kit already. My rather good Blizzards (Latigos and Bonafides) may well do that extra season before getting replaced.

Net cost increase? Is next season going to be more expensive? ................ No.
ski holidays
This is todays prices for Chicken in a Migros (Swiss Supermarket) . The UK can look forward to these prices Shocked Shocked

https://produkte.migros.ch/sortiment/supermarkt/lebensmittel/fleisch/gefluegel
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Referendums in Western Democracy's would be null & void with such small margin.

We are a Western Democracy and we held a referendum. It was not null and void, ergo you're talking bollox.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@skimastaaah, here in Switzerland think your all mad..

Pot, Kettle, Black!

Do you actually read the details of the links I post? Or decide on a "lost in translation" approach?

Either way, you still come across as a deranged cretin. Good for you! Laughing

Your Migros Chicken post just sums you up!! snowHead snowHead snowHead

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 25-08-17 13:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
stanton wrote:
This is todays prices for Chicken in a Migros (Swiss Supermarket) . The UK can look forward to these prices Shocked Shocked

https://produkte.migros.ch/sortiment/supermarkt/lebensmittel/fleisch/gefluegel

Effing ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out my local farm butcher....... https://www.yorkshiresmokehouse.co.uk/butchers/chicken.html
snow report
@martinm, but the UK does not have two elected democratic chambers (lower & upper) so how can you be democratic??
latest report
@skimastaaah, you are an aggressive island monkey ..

My guess 50ish fatneck bald overweight??

2-4 weeks carpet skier??

Back on topic..

Markets in Europe Monday will be wating for Fatty Davis to speak utter poo-poo again

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, Sweden only has one elected chamber. Are you saying that Sweden is not a democracy?
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
@skimastaaah,

2-4 weeks carpet skier??

Wide of the mark, rather like your FOREX predictions! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@martinm, but the UK does not have two elected democratic chambers (lower & upper) so how can you be democratic??

Does the EU have 2 elected chambers?
latest report
stanton wrote:
@PaulC1984, Brexit has cost you more whatever way you want to calculate it . Just getting to the airport in the UK will of cost you more than last year...becuase of UK inflation.

Wrong again. I don't pay for fuel, I have a good enough job that covers all travel, food and accommodation expenses whilst in the UK wether it be for work or pleasure. Next......
snow report
stanton wrote:
@skimastaaah, you are an aggressive island monkey ..

2-4 weeks carpet skier??

Back on topic..

Markets in Europe Monday will be wating for Fatty Davis to speak utter poo-poo again

Very Happy Very Happy
You really don't have a clue how any of us here look like. We don't know what you look like but your obsession would suggest that you are bald and overweight. Certainly from your posts your are not very attractive.
snow report
Rabbie wrote:
@stanton, Sweden only has one elected chamber. Are you saying that Sweden is not a democracy?

No Sweden is a really true democracy..highest proportion if females in any government They even have a minister for gender equality.

The UK 2nd Chamber is unelected.

The EU is more democratic. Read how it works.
ski holidays
Euro devalues against British Peso.

Euro worth nada! Skullie
ski holidays
Ooh look - Stantroll has a new username - has he been banned?
snow conditions
Or is it someone else?
snow conditions
Oh FFS - do I need to apply to admin for more 'ignore' buttons ?
ski holidays
5 Year Graph Pound/Euro Tells a Story & the Reality of Brexit

British pound went from 1.42 euros to 1.08 euros in 1 year since Referendum

That is 31 % loss n value
latest report
martinm wrote:
Ooh look - Stantroll has a new username - has he been banned?

I CLAIM THE TITLE OF "5tantroll"!!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy