Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Compared to our nearest neighbours, the UK is one of the cheapest places to live.

Largely because the pound has dropped 20% in Value. I see the difference between Grneoble and Birmingham is an eye watering 1.97%. The difference being due to grocery shopping (much higher in Grenoble) versus rent (much higher in Birmingham)

You would need around 2,957.04£ (3,329.62€) in Grenoble to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 2,900.00£ in Birmingham (assuming you rent in both cities).
Quote:

if you want eye watering differences, check out UK V's Switzerland

Local Purchasing Power in Switzerland is 29.80% higher than in United Kingdom due to the 140% higher net salary in Switzerland. Exchange rates again.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnE wrote:

You would need around 2,957.04£ (3,329.62€) in Grenoble to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 2,900.00£ in Birmingham (assuming you rent in both cities).

the only problem is finding a job that pays 2,950 euros / month in Grenoble. I assume that is take home?

I've no idea about the B'ham job market.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
“The pound does not like the tone of all this.”

https://capital.com/pound-dives-to-month-low-against-euro
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:

We at parity yet? No didn't think so. Move on nothing but a begging Dutch taxi driver living rent free in Switzerland surfing the free internet in coffee shops between fares to see.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:

Yikes, a month low on a thread in it's fourth year! Madeye-Smiley Stanton must be bored! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No one's biting on the other threads in Apres

Ignore his rubbish
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At 20.35UTC the Sterling rate is 1GBP = 1.12 EU. and $1225

That's certainly NOT nosediving!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skimastaaah, thats about the same rate as I got for a bash 2 years ago. I'm inclined to agree with you. Toofy Grin

@stanton, you have been quiet for a few weeks. We all hoped you had seen the light at last. I don't suppose it had anything to do with the fact that the £ has been climbing steadily up until this week?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well it looks like the EU may have saved Your Ski Holidays ….Lets see what happens
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The British having saved you lot from rule by tne Nazi party are entitled to use the mountains located within Europe Toofy Grin

Along with the Americans, Canadians, Polish, Russian, Australian, Indian, French resistance etc etc Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski3 wrote:
The British having saved you lot from rule by tne Nazi party
rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ski3, …. "Stanton" is a Dutch national working in the EU/Austria. He has a right to his rather "odd" interpretation of the unique predicament that the UK finds itself in, and the strain and demise of Sterling against the Euro.

When I'm next in St Anton, looking for a taxi, I'll seek out the Skoda estate with Dutch plates on it and book a non-existent pick-up at Innsbruck!

Sadly recent European history puts the UK in a despot position. And you can thank 17.4 million highly intelligent Brexit voters for that!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 10-10-19 6:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hsdee wrote:
ski3 wrote:
The British having saved you lot from rule by tne Nazi party
rolling eyes

Despite the obvious ………………….. the Arlberg is not to blame!

It is THE most fantastic place to ski in the world!! (I, having skied most places in the world, can say unequivocally!)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@skimastaaah, I heard he was a Brit called Nigel (which Could be fake news).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@AL9000, @skimastaaah,

Finally an admission..A Braindead Fool.

Herzliche Glückwünsche..
snow report
@ski3, Klootzak
snow report
Hope everyone out there closed their shorts at €1.09 vs £ when they had the chance as next year could be more expensive for them
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@ski3, Klootzak

@skimastaaah, absolutely, if people want to express themselves then they are free to do so. We all know the purpose of the posts by stanton are to troll the site though.
It's a position assumed of moral superiority and that all the other honest contributors to this site deserve such a condescending delivery of that view. Never intended for discussion but simple discord and antagonist timbre, cadence and disruption.
There's plenty of productive discussion of the main topic that assist people in forming their approach to legitimate concerns, even those it trys to taint with common baiting posts.

By my putting up a crass/provocative statement with first a trip wire word followed by a trigger word intentionally to assess affect, which has prompted it (the stanton) to make an assumption about my nationality, and then, after a hard days trolling, to be so incensed as to offer a judgement of my character. Oh what irony, to whom can it complain? Trolls trade union?
It's at this point while searching for that insult causes it to offer up their feelings about themselves and of their own character Very Happy

It's just contributed, with above statement, another element of how it should be addressed "Klootzak stanton " taxi driver Toofy Grin

Thing is, how can any self respecting online presence hold its head up high without a decent level of trolling? We should demand and expect a far more professional approach Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
@ski3, Stanton …………. klootzak ………. pot...……….. kettle ……...black! snowHead
snow conditions
@stanton, Calm down Nige.
ski holidays
@ski3, Whingin Pom...
ski holidays
Aaaaaaand ping............

stanton wrote:
@ski3, Whingin Pom...
right on time and conforming to type. Resorting to plain old fashioned name calling with a nationalist flavour, this is the next stage.

After choosing to perpetuate it's trolling of this forum switches to base level response without dialogue. How very predictable when confronted with their own behaviour that it feels oppressed enough to puke out this response.

It's persistent trolling while using exchange rate as a fulcrum to deliver its nationalist rhetoric seems perverse, on a ski fourm? Does that ultimately make it a pervert?

Scabbing off newsfeeds to throw on here is just not good enough. As if anyone in Europe is lacking any in depth contact with current affairs rolling eyes

Is this what it's life has really come to? perhaps a sit down and a long look at their past will enlightenment it.

There are many informed useful discussions on this forum, the OP of this one makes sure this thread isn't one of them.
snow report
Pound has rebounded..UK Tourists will have to thank Eire for that !!
snow conditions
@stanton,

It’s never got anywhere near parity , thank goodness you never tried your luck being an FX trader you would have busted whoever you worked for long ago , your the biggest contra -indicator I’ve ever seen !
snow conditions
@Rob Mackley, it got very close...
I made a fortune so far . which will go directly to an NGO

Who would of ever thought of the Irish rescuing the British Government..LOL Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@stanton, Stop digging. You'll just make yourself look even more idiotic.
latest report
esaw1 wrote:
@stanton, Stop digging. You'll just make yourself look even more idiotic.
He doesnt need to dig.
ski holidays
@BergenBergen,
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BergenBergen, very true.
snow report
stanton wrote:
@Rob Mackley, it got very close...
I made a fortune so far . which will go directly to an NGO

Who would of ever thought of the Irish rescuing the British Government..LOL Very Happy Very Happy

Oh how predictable, virtue signalling now rolling eyes

Look at me and the good I'm doing. And why are the nasty forumites daring to criticise when it's spent the last 67 pages trolling.
snow report
@ski3, Do you whinge for a living or is it just natural?
ski holidays
@stanton, Sterling UP 4%. wink
ski holidays
Expect a 5% rise this week if negotiations continue to look good. A 15% rise if a deal is finalised.
ski holidays
@skimastaaah, @cameronphillips2000,

I know, some NGO's i donate to will be get a huge benefit...

I got the other way covered by UK Parliament rejection and Referendum/GE Scenario..
latest report
My business trades at events all over Europe. Our biggest single event, by some way is between October 28 to November 3rd in Paris. If a deal happens my revenue falls by maybe 10-15% overnight due to FEX and if there's no deal they may stop us trading on 31st and I lose 50%.
I'm probably buggered either way.
latest report
skimastaaah wrote:
@stanton, Sterling UP 4%. wink

That was YESTERDAY!

TODAY's rise is a further 2%
snow report
Can I claim a prize for being, I assume, the hundredth person to say...we haven't left yet.

when we do leave and it becomes apparent how foolish a decision it was I suspect Stanton might yet have the last laugh.
snow report
grumpygargoyle wrote:
Can I claim a prize for being, I assume, the hundredth person to say...we haven't left yet.

when we do leave and it becomes apparent how foolish a decision it was I suspect Stanton might yet have the last laugh.

Except a sense of humour is required to laugh.
ski holidays
@cameronphillips2000, Yes .tjhe Reality!
snow conditions
Direct Link to Sterling Performance

https://www.facebook.com/thedailymash/videos/528199814661688/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy