Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
leggyblonde wrote:
@sugardaddy, Doesn't China produce much of it's raw materials too though? From what I understand, many of the UK's manufacturers have to buy their raw material from overseas which negates the positive effects of selling with a weak pound.

Think you should tell that little gem to BoJo. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@leggyblonde, It should dampen the effect but most of the value should be in the manufacturing process.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@sugardaddy, That does makes sense.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
01/11/2019 08:00 (CET) the spot exchange rate is 1GBP = 0.85 EUR
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:

Wrong 91 cents im being offered & thats out of bankimg hours. So prob nearer 93 or 94 cents.

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr.Egg wrote:
stanton wrote:

Wrong 91 cents im being offered & thats out of bankimg hours. So prob nearer 93 or 94 cents.

Wrong way round - it's 1/0.9116 = 1.07 . A long way from 0.85!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Mr.Egg, he's predicting the future for 1/11

Must have been a slow news day
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And from Bloomberg (can't be harrised to upload and post a screenshot)

GBPEUR:CUR
GBP-EUR X-RATE
1.0966EUR +0.0019 +0.17%

So I wasn't far out!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PaulC1984 wrote:
@Mr.Egg, he's predicting the future for 1/11

Must have been a slow news day

Nigel has made so many wacky predictions in this 3 year old thread he is bound to be right at least once (hopefully his 01/11 prediction will be 100% wrong ….!)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could go lower if/when trouble breaks out in NI and rioting in England....

Airbus.Nissan plus many others will move that is a given..

Nissan have been scouting out sites in the EU for the past 3 years..

I would seriously not touch Sterling ...Only the Sell button
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nigel

"Foreign investors pile record 5.5bn into British tech start ups"

a headline from tomorrows 'The Times'

=== and from your favourite site====

Pound gains

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/11906-gbp-to-eur-and-usd-johnson-letter-to-tusk

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/11887-british-pound-recovery-aided-by-retail-sales-surprise

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/11886-gbp-to-eur-and-usd-coalition-to-stop-no-deal
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@albob, Sterling will be techically a western junk status currency on no deal...

5.5bn in is peanuts to 550bn out
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@martinm,

haha - oops - it had been a long day Embarassed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
@albob, Sterling will be techically a western junk status currency on no deal...

and when the recession hits the EU hard, the Euro will cease to exist. There be rioting in France & Germany to return to franc & the deustche mark so they dont have to bail out the Med countries.
All those med countries with debt more than GDP will be defaulting on their debts. Same for italy, spain, greece - to return to the lira, pes. & drachma as the Euro only increases inflation for them as they try to keep up with richer western europe countries.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton wrote:

It is indeed peanuts - but it shows the confidence they have in the UK
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
Could go lower if/when trouble breaks out in NI and rioting in England....

Airbus.Nissan plus many others will move that is a given..

Nissan have been scouting out sites in the EU for the past 3 years..

I would seriously not touch Sterling ...Only the Sell button

Post Brexit I doubt the UK consumers will bother with Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, it's as though Japanese Car manufacturers have decided to not just pull out of the UK, but also to write off the UK consumers as a whole. Bye-bye Japanese goods in the UK. So sorry Susuki-san, sushi no longer cuts the wasabi!

I'd put money on a "new" "I'm Backing Britain" initiative to be introduced.
snow report
The Pound Euro exchange rate is likely to remain subdued this week as UK-EU Brexit negotiations are showing no signs of progression on securing a withdrawal agreement

Meanwhile the British PM is flying to France & Germany with no New Plan or Strategy all he is doing is just wasting UK Taxpayers money... The answer will be the same from the EU "where is your alternative plan"?
ski holidays
skimastaaah wrote:
Post Brexit I doubt the UK consumers will bother with Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Suzuki, it's as though Japanese Car manufacturers have decided to not just pull out of the UK, but also to write off the UK consumers as a whole.
latest SUV sales show declining demand for non premium brand autos a la Kia, nissan honda etc while the premium brands push into compact SUVs are also reducing market shares. Expect the Japanese to retreat regardless.
latest report
stanton wrote:
The Pound Euro exchange rate is likely to remain subdued this week as UK-EU Brexit negotiations are showing no signs of progression on securing a withdrawal agreement

Meanwhile the British PM is flying to France & Germany with no New Plan or Strategy all he is doing is just wasting UK Taxpayers money... The answer will be the same from the EU "where is your alternative plan"?

That's the point...…….. the EU have been so intransigent for the past three years insisting on implementing a "NI Backstop" which in reality is an "open backdoor" for the EU to smuggle into the UK without paying appropriate Import Duties.

It's now "get-real-time" for the EU. BoJo is just going to let Merkel and Macron have a direct message...…. scrap the "Backstop", look at the UK controlled alternatives, Varadker has been in favour of a EU controlled border with NI and he continues to reject anything else. This is against the Good Friday Agreement to have a Northern Ireland effectively in the EU's single market for goods. No-one in NI has been able to vote for this, it's undemocratic, and an imposition on both the UK and NI. Little wonder there should be an alternative and temporary arrangement, for example like the "mutual rules recognition" by adapting a single customs territory approach.

BoJo has a lot of support in the UK to get the job done, leave the EU by October 31st with or without a negotiated departure. Judging by the EU Leaders' intransigence they leave BoJo no option. Leave with no deal.
latest report
Three years of reality has shown the title premise to be a crock .......
ski holidays
The Integrity of the Single Market and protection of Eire is more important than Brexit...

The EU has been steadfast. The UK lead by various incompetent Ministers has been running around like Headless Chickens.

Hence why the markets are steering away from Sterling...

https://menafn.com/1098907875/Nodeal-Brexit-how-some-traders-will-be-gearing-up-to-short-the-pound
ski holidays
@stanton, https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/boris-johnson-wants-ireland-to-leave-eu-trade-rules-and-form-a-new-union-with-the-uk-after-brexit/ar-AAG7c6A?ocid=spartandhp

The BoJo "oomph" is just getting a tad delusional with this now!

As I have previously suggested in this thread …… the UK should immediately leave the EU bloc, without a "deal", and the ensuing chaos, public disorder, rampant criminality, be blamed on the 17.4 million Brexit voters who had no idea of what the f*ck they voted for. And I doubt that any of them voted for this BoJo-Brexit!

BoJo, since being elected as PM, has shown exactly what he is made of ………… "oomph"...… sounds like flatulence to me!
ski holidays
So far, the two trips I've booked to date are both cheaper than last year, so I'm chuffed Very Happy
snow report
porkpiefox wrote:
So far, the two trips I've booked to date are both cheaper than last year, so I'm chuffed Very Happy

Hope that's not a porkie-pie! snowHead
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:

That's the point...…….. the EU have been so intransigent for the past three years insisting on implementing a "NI Backstop" which in reality is an "open backdoor" for the EU to smuggle into the UK without paying appropriate Import Duties.

It's now "get-real-time" for the EU. BoJo is just going to let Merkel and Macron have a direct message...…. scrap the "Backstop", look at the UK controlled alternatives, Varadker has been in favour of a EU controlled border with NI and he continues to reject anything else. This is against the Good Friday Agreement to have a Northern Ireland effectively in the EU's single market for goods. No-one in NI has been able to vote for this, it's undemocratic, and an imposition on both the UK and NI. Little wonder there should be an alternative and temporary arrangement, for example like the "mutual rules recognition" by adapting a single customs territory approach.

BoJo has a lot of support in the UK to get the job done, leave the EU by October 31st with or without a negotiated departure. Judging by the EU Leaders' intransigence they leave BoJo no option. Leave with no deal.

I have been reading these posts with interest to get a view of both sides. Mainly the plan was to lurk and see how both sides view different issues. Whilst what happens with Brexit will clearly have an impact on Ireland, and I may have my opinions, clearly the decision is for you British and NI nationals to make decide upon. The above, however, is clearly inaccurate and does need some clarification:

Firstly, the backstop, which was negotiated by and agreed to by the British Government, is not against the Good Friday agreement. Rather it is there to protect the Good Friday Agreement, a key part of which is "there is no longer any question of an absolute or territorial British claim to sovereignty, without reference to the wishes of the people." As part of the removal of absolute sovereignty, Ireland removed Articles 2 and 3 from our Constitution.

You stage that no one in NI have been able to vote for "this" - I presume you mean the back stop - and that it is undemocratic. Firstly there was a vote - Leave or Remain - in which over 55% of people in Northern Ireland voted to remain. This clear choice (with a higher margin that of England and Wales to leave) has been ignored and with no heed being paid to the Northern Irish vote at all.

You state that it is an imposition on NI and the UK in general - well yes, it is - that imposition was part of the Good Friday Agreement. It is there to allow peace to prevail and ensure stability (it is worth reading Patrick Kielty's explanation as to how leaving has effected the equilibrium of Northern Ireland and the Good Friday agreement).

As for intransigence - either side, I am sure, can state the other are being intransigent. Anyway, I hope to continue to read more interesting perspectives and will return to my lurking but just wanted to clarify the above.
ski holidays
skimastaaah wrote:
porkpiefox wrote:

Hope that's not a porkie-pie! snowHead

Laughing
snow report
@Dublinfella,
The Backstop is clearly NOT "agreed". May tried to slip this past the House 3 times and failed. BoJo sees it as the great divide between the EU bloc and the UK.
The Referendum was clearly "won" by 17.4 million highly intelligent United Kingdom Brexit voters (which coincidentally include the voters in NI), the Referendum did not have a clause for a Backstop scenario.
And clearly BoJo has been given 30 days to come up with an alternative that has not been reached in over 30 months https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexit/merkel-gives-johnson-30-days-to-find-solution-to-avoid-no-deal-brexit/ar-AAG8t5g?ocid=spartandhp

Given the circumstance that Merkel/Macron are continuing to insist on the continuation of a "soft" and virtually seamless island of Ireland! Because they can effectively "smuggle" into the UK via Eire without paying Import Duty, and using up any quota.

BoJo offering a special deal with Eire, a custom made customs union, a little cosy UK/Eire controlled border simply puts the UK hard border fair and square on the island of Ireland. No wonder Varadker dismisses this as folly.

CLEARLY there is no current solution to the impasse regarding the Irish border.

And I doubt very much that anybody voted for that, never mind 17.4 million intellectuals taken in by the rants of Gove and BoJo …………….. "£350 million per week to the NHS"

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 22-08-19 16:00; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Dublinfella wrote:
[

Firstly, the backstop, which was negotiated by and agreed to by the British Government

It was negotiated & then rejected in parliament 3x times.
The issue is not about there being a backstop which ties the UK to EU alignment. Its about the removal of the backstop.
i) That there is a Trade Deal (The backstop gives the EU a major advantage in negotiations)
ii) If no Trade deal, then the Backstop remains until a suitable replacement is found/developed - probably around technology.

That basically means UK either end up with an unfavourable trade deal, or no trade deal & still being aligned to EU.
Only someone who wants to remain in the EU would sign up to that & think its a good idea!

Quote:
Firstly there was a vote - Leave or Remain - in which over 55% of people in Northern Ireland voted to remain.

The referendum was a UK wide referendum. It was not a City one or Country one or Regional one, etc.
Everyone votes once that was a Yes or No vote.

Besides that, NI had the lowest turn out in the referendum. 63% turn out.
So to say 55% of people in Northern Ireland voted to remain is wrong.
350,000 voted to leave
440,000 voted to remain
470,000 did not bother to vote at all
There is a clear winner there by 30,000 eligible voters.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Referendum was years ago, the result is completely irrelevant in 2019. There are several new generations…
latest report
Frau Merkel and Monsieur Macron are dictating the fate of Sterling....
snow report
stanton wrote:
There are several new generations…

What, in 3 years? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
stanton wrote:
Frau Merkel and Monsieur Macron are dictating the fate of Sterling....

Depends how you look at it ………………… Merkel/Macron are certainly dictating the inevitability of a "Hard Brexit" and have now shifted the onus of that inevitability on to a new fall-guy ………… BoJo.

That may well indeed determine the fate of Sterling.

Exchange Rate today ………… £1 = 1.10 Euro
snow report
stanton wrote:

latest report
Mr.Egg wrote:
stanton wrote:

Clearly sex with 3yo's or family members is acceptable in Stanton's world to create several generations since 2016...… Puzzled
snow report
rate was £1 = €1.10 when Stanton starting this thread over 3 years ago
Today it is £1 = €1.11

yet he has strung it out to 64 pages Laughing
snow report
@Dublinfella, Good post
latest report
Mr.Egg wrote:
Today it is £1 = €1.11

Again .. This is Frau Merkel dictating the fate of Sterling...

It is still down to UK to come up with a Backstop solution which the EU has been requesting for 3 years..I thought your PM was privately educated at Eton (Dumb in.. Dumber out )?
snow report
stanton wrote:

What, keeping it the same (Again)? snowHead
latest report
martinm wrote:
stanton wrote:

What, keeping it the same (Again)? snowHead

Maybe she has gone long on sterling. So she can bail out her countries looming manufacturing crisis or to stave off recession.
Quite clear germany economy is going to be going through the wringer for the next few months
snow conditions
I'm about to replace my VW with a Volvo so am doing my bit Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy