Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@brianatab, where have you got the figure of 2 million from?

This is a big part of the problem. People throw around inaccurate figures and unless the audience knows their stuff or scrutinises, then you've got fake news being spread and it adds up to the point when it begins to influence people's opinions.

You also mention people making voting choices to 'teach you a lesson'...if there was one post which sums up why many remainers find the possibility of Brexit/no deal Brexit difficult to accept then this is it.

Much of this has sprouted from people voting out of spite, despite the potential consequences, and citing inaccurate figures to justify it. Of course, I accept that there are credible reasons why some people voted to leave the EU, but this is the kind of nonsense many people find difficult to accept.
latest report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks stg is down circa 20% since the result to brexit was announced in 2016.

It probably makes sense that it has a bit to fall further with a buffoon bs Brexiteer (Boris) surrounded by reappointed hard line liars (oh sorry leavers) back in power for the mo. (David Davies and his detailed sectoral analysis, Mogg moving his business interests to Dublin,etc,etc., etc)

It's all a bit depressing tbh. Brexit entails breaking up a union that has given peace, prosperity and massive social progress in Europe for over 70 years now. Hard line Brexiteer bs means leaving single markets and customs union that have been key to providing prosperity in the UK for ~ 50 years now....

Leaving means accepting a lower standard of living,reduced interconnectedness with Europe and greatly reduced social progress for what !?
(A small misunderstanding on external EU immigration, and nationalism fuelled by lies)
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
horgand wrote:
Looks stg is down circa 20% since the result to brexit was announced in 2016.


Another inaccurate piece of Fake News, Mr Horgand.

01/07/2016 the spot exchange rate was 1 GBP = 1.204 EUR
29/07/2019 the spot exchange rate is 1GBP = 1.101 EUR

THAT is under a 10% down-trend over that period of time!
https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/best-exchange-rates/british-pound-to-euro-exchange-rate-on-2016-07-01

I totally agree with the rest of your opinions.
latest report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy
snow report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@skimastaaah, Flipping heck. The brexit referendum was on 23 June, it had already fallen considerably by the 1/7/16, which you are using as the comparator. Get your facts straight.
snow conditions     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Ryunis, at close of play on 24th June 2016 spot exchange rate was 1 GBP = 1.22 EUR
https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/best-exchange-rates/british-pound-to-euro-exchange-rate-on-2016-06-24

So, in relative terms there has been a 3.5% averaged per annum fall in Sterling since the Brexit result. Sterling is surprisingly strong given the events of the past 3 years, and what with now BoJo in the drivers seat!

Just wait until the end of this week when the EMF change the interest rates, already the Euro is trading down on this expectation.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49113728
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
Sell Sterling buy Euros /Swiss Franc

The market has increased the odds of a no deal Brexit and the Pound will remain under pressure.....

yes
listen to this taxi driver.
That is why is he still driving taxis & not shagging 10 supermodels on his yacht in Monte Carlo
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimastaaah wrote:
horgand wrote:
Looks stg is down circa 20% since the result to brexit was announced in 2016.


Another inaccurate piece of Fake News, Mr Horgand.

01/07/2016 the spot exchange rate was 1 GBP = 1.204 EUR
29/07/2019 the spot exchange rate is 1GBP = 1.101 EUR

THAT is under a 10% down-trend over that period of time!
https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/best-exchange-rates/british-pound-to-euro-exchange-rate-on-2016-07-01

I totally agree with the rest of your opinions.


@Ryunis has it in one, taking the stg rate pre referendum and what it's at today, that's really the only comparator that has any real relevance imho...

Here is his quote fyi again:

"The pound is back where it was (relative to EUR) on Saturday. That's hardly a monumental shift. Over the last 90 days it has fallen 3% and it's a similar number over the last 180 days.

The simple matter of the fact is that before the EU referendum, £1 bought you over 1.30EUR and now it only buys you around 1.11EUR. Depends what your business is but for a net importing economy, overall, that's not a good thing and for people like me ...."

Now I always feel that 19/131 (or 19/111 even) is circa 20%, for the sake of making my point !! Cool

(I.e secular decline of stg, and possible likely further drops)
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I love the way that the apologists for Brexit so deftly manage to make it look like its just fine that the euro is 10% down against Sterling. I don't recall the Leave propaganda saying anything about having to pay £120 billion extra for imports since the vote, or seeing 10,000 EU nurses and clinicians go home early and not be replaced, or enduring a 30% drop in foreign investment (vs a 48% increase in the EU 27)? But then, of course, this is somehow all the fault of Traitor Remainers.

I was around during the Cold War and the rhetoric from the Government is chillingly reminiscent of how the Politbureau used to talk: Communism wasn't working because people were insufficiently committed to The Cause and lacked the necessary optimism - all of them Traitors to The Will of the Proletariat. Sound familiar?
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@skimastaaah, 24th June is the day it took a tanking. Need to be looking at the 23rd. It feels like splitting hairs but the figures to analyse against should be pre-results announcement. This is a distraction from the main debate but it's important that the right figures are being quoted Smile
latest report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The €39bn is actually much more ..like double but whatever

No Deal and

Failure to pay means

No Future Trade Talks

and possible Sovereign debt default, whose consequences are well known..


With that in mind i cannot see anykind of recovery for Sterling unless the rhetoric is turned down and there is a change of direction from the UK.
snow conditions     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
LaForet wrote:
I love the way that the apologists for Brexit so deftly manage to make it look like its just fine that the euro is 10% down against Sterling. I don't recall the Leave propaganda saying anything about having to pay £120 billion extra for imports since the vote, or seeing 10,000 EU nurses and clinicians go home early and not be replaced, or enduring a 30% drop in foreign investment (vs a 48% increase in the EU 27)? But then, of course, this is somehow all the fault of Traitor Remainers.

I was around during the Cold War and the rhetoric from the Government is chillingly reminiscent of how the Politbureau used to talk: Communism wasn't working because people were insufficiently committed to The Cause and lacked the necessary optimism - all of them Traitors to The Will of the Proletariat. Sound familiar?

blah blah blah
heard that crap before

now where is the yawn emoji
latest report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm hoping (but I am an optimist) that the no deal Brexit rhetoric is just that....

Though what I don't like is the structure of bs Boris's cabinet, gove, Davies, mogg et al are a nasty, biased bunch to have hold of the levers of power imho

For however long they hold them, which may be brief indeed.... gone by October hopefully (& I ain't any Corbyn fan either, but if he saves the uk from Brexit, he will have done some good imho...)
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horgand wrote:
(& I ain't any Corbyn fan either, but if he saves the uk from Brexit, he will have done some good imho...)


This is the problem now. Traditional Tory voters now voting for labour to stop Brexit. Handing power over to Corbyn will screw the economy in lord knows what way and he hasn't ruled out Brexit either. All he has stated is that he wants to block a no deal and he wont vote for a deal that puts workers rights in a worse position. That could leave us leaving without a deal by default with how non comital the guy is.
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Paulc1984 indeed, but can he be much worse than the current shower of bs merchants!?!

A change may be good ( I.e. better than the imploding Tories, bickering while leading the uk off a cliff face...)
snow report     
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
horgand wrote:
@Paulc1984 indeed, but can he be much worse than the current shower of bs merchants!?!

A change may be good ( I.e. better than the imploding Tories, bickering while leading the uk off a cliff face...)


That's what caused Brexit, but apparently all brexiteers are cretins and they didn't know what they were voting for.

Just what exactly is anyone voting for with Corbyn wink
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pound Sterling in Free-Fall


https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/11778-pound-sterling-suffers-largest-one-day-fall-vs-euro-and-dollar-since-march
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mr.Egg wrote:
heard that crap before now where is the yawn emoji


Pretty much the level of sophisticated, evidence-based discussion that I anticipated from The Brexit Party Ltd*

[*The Brexit Party Ltd. A UK incorporated company No.11694875 whose sole Person of Significant Control is one Nigel Farage. The last time I looked, most people only run a limited company for one thing - profit.]
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
Pound Sterling in Free-Fall


https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today/11778-pound-sterling-suffers-largest-one-day-fall-vs-euro-and-dollar-since-march


Not just Sterling that's acting like a lemming! *thinks*…. Toyota, Honda, Vauxhall, Mini, ,,,,,,, I don't recall all this being on BoJo's bandwagon!

The English language has no shortage of cruel names for people, and one of them is cretin, which is what you'd call someone who is very, very dumb in the head. ... Surprisingly, the root of cretin is the Swiss French word crestin, which means “Christian.”
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/pound-euro-exchange-rate-brexit-gatwick-heathrow-gbp-eur-a9026226.html


latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LaForet wrote:
The last time I looked, most people only run a limited company for one thing - profit.


No, there's a clue in the name - it is to limit their liability. A very prudent and normal thing to do if you want to protect your personal assets. If you started a political party I guarantee you'd do the same. From what I can tell most political parties run at a deficit.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Going down down everytime the UK PM opens his mouth

30/07/2019 the spot exchange rate is 1GBP = 1.09 EUR

SELL

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/30/get-20-fewer-pints-holiday-summer-thanks-falling-pound-10486318/
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its all coming ahead to the perfect storm...for UK consumers..

I will be called right on this....if the Blond Boy in the UK continues with a Hard Brexit....

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/sterling-pound-brexit-euro-us-dollar-foreign-exchange-airlines-aircraft-fuel-a9027526.html
ski holidays     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Election, 2nd referendum, no Brexit at all = likely end point imho.
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
horgand wrote:
Election, 2nd referendum, no Brexit at all = likely end point imho.


How do you think the 17.4 million Brexit voters would take that?
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimastaaah wrote:
horgand wrote:
Election, 2nd referendum, no Brexit at all = likely end point imho.


How do you think the 17.4 million Brexit voters would take that?

Only London, Scotland & Northern Ireland voted to remain in the EU - All 3 areas fill the bottom 4 for Turnout %.
Why should the rest of the UK appease those 2 countries who couldnt even be bothered to vote in proper numbers? If they want to leave the UK, then Cherifvuckino imo.
England & Wales vote combined would be around 55% v 45% to leave.
snow conditions     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
UK PM now talking 2 year Transistion..

The markets not believing anything coming from his mouth..

SELL

Here is a Joke...


https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-party-mep-says-it-is-the-fault-of-remainers-that-the-pound-has-dropped-1-6190663
snow report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There's a load of B*ll*cks about demographics and Brexit


Here's one I like

ski holidays     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ney sayers....
Gonna be cheaper, my daughter is 24 so she is going to pay pay for her own ski holidays this year Very Happy
ski holidays     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Mr.Egg, I honestly think Scotland would leave the UK this time if it was allowed another vote. The behaviour & attitude shown by English voters in the media has not gone down well at all up here & many of the no voters I know have swung to independence.
On another note, I’m in Alps just now & this is the first time I have noticed that the prices are on the up.
ski holidays     
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Unsurprisingly, the SNP would accept an overall majority of 1 for independence. The views of the other 49.99% would be considered irrelevant.

At the last referendum, only 4 out of 32 areas voted for independence. Many areas voted by over 60% against leaving the UK.

What would happen if 1 or more of the Scottish regions voted to remain in the UK again? Would their wishes be considered, or would they have to accept the majority vote?

sound familiar?

Good luck Nicola. Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe some of the regions might opt to leave Scotland and remain in the UK? Shetland and Orkney would take the oil with them. Toofy Grin

Now that would make interesting politics.
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have English and Scottish ancestry, and would hate to see them leave the UK.

However, if Scotland left the UK, it would add another 400,000 to the leave majority for the UK, bringing it to 1.76million, or 5.5%

Scotland is a member of the EU by virtue of being a part of the UK.
What the SNP have never explained is that by leaving the UK, they also opt to leave the EU. They cannot negotiate to join until the date they leave. There is no fast track system for countries to join.

What will be the economic consequences for Scotland which currently receives large amounts of EU (really UK) subsidies.

In addition, what will be the effects on the prosperity of the Clyde when the Royal Navy is relocated to other British Ports?
Unless of course, the SNP actually believes we will stay there and commission new ships there. Puzzled
latest report     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brianatab wrote:
I have English and Scottish ancestry, and would hate to see them leave the UK.

However, if Scotland left the UK, it would add another 400,000 to the leave majority for the UK, bringing it to 1.76million, or 5.5%

Scotland is a member of the EU by virtue of being a part of the UK.
What the SNP have never explained is that by leaving the UK, they also opt to leave the EU. They cannot negotiate to join until the date they leave. There is no fast track system for countries to join.

What will be the economic consequences for Scotland which currently receives large amounts of EU (really UK) subsidies.

In addition, what will be the effects on the prosperity of the Clyde when the Royal Navy is relocated to other British Ports?
Unless of course, the SNP actually believes we will stay there and commission new ships there. Puzzled


The referendum wasn't decided by constituencies or regions or countries. It was a UK + gib vote.
Ms cranky is desperate for a 2nd indy ref & brexit or no brexit she would be looking for one. After all, she never accepted the original vote.
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Pound could be heading for value parity with the Euro before the end of 2019 after a disastrous first week for the British currency with Boris Johnson in charge.

https://www.gambling.com/news/boris-johnson-brexit-strategy-shifts-pound-euro-parity-odds-2031900
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cannot believe I read this is the UK DM

Folks must be worried

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7307953/Sterlings-plunge-left-holidaymakers-despair-worried-long-term.html
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mr.Egg,


I agree that the vote was a national one. I was just expanding the argument of the SNP to a possible new scenario.

btw I love the tag Ms Cranky. maybe we should start a petition to get it officially odopted. Toofy Grin
ski holidays     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton wrote:
Cannot believe I read this is the UK DM

Folks must be worried

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7307953/Sterlings-plunge-left-holidaymakers-despair-worried-long-term.html


I stopped reading at the 1st line
Quote:
When holidaymakers stood in line to change their money at airport exchange desks yesterday, they faced something of a shock.


there are no queues at airport exchange, as nobody is dumb enough to exchange at the rates they offer. Usually 10% worse than you get on the high street.
I usually have very little cash on me. I have travel cards that offer better rates than cash.
snow report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mr.Egg,
Thousands of people use Airport and other Money Exchange Outlets.

They wouldnt exist if they did not....

As ususual you are selfishly ONLY talking about your self...
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
@Mr.Egg,
Thousands of people use Airport and other Money Exchange Outlets.

They wouldnt exist if they did not....

As ususual you are selfishly ONLY talking about your self...


so few use them, they need to give poor rates to cover costs. Ive never seen a queue at any exchange in an airport.

Who plans for a holiday sometimes a year or more in advance & dont change travel money until at the airport?
ski holidays     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mr.Egg, I think Dutch Taxi drivers are to people to who you refer Toofy Grin
ski holidays     



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy