Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
No Deal Friday.

Sterling as dead as the Veneziela Bolivaar
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Remind us all again what your financial trading experience and industry qualifications are again? I seem to remember it was 1/2 of FA and so far all your predictions have done the exact opposite.

Now, are you going to take Frank's bet and put your money where your mouth is?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
its a dead hard currency

Nice to see that you're now praising Sterling as a really strong currency! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Amazing that still with the turmoil , uncertainty and total uselessness of the current situation that £ is still holding these levels vs € and the $ very much underlines my view that the pound is sought after at these and lower levels and if we had a worse case crash out the fall would be limited .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stanton wrote:
Sterling as dead as the Veneziela Bolivaar
If I was Raheem, I would walk off the pitch. Rascist.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Rob Mackley wrote:
Amazing that still with the turmoil , uncertainty and total uselessness of the current situation that £ is still holding these levels vs € and the $ very much underlines my view that the pound is sought after at these and lower levels and if we had a worse case crash out the fall would be limited .

The Markets believe there will be a Deal eventually or The Process is dropped altogether.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The thing that you have to remember is that FX rates reflect RELATIVE value (or to be more exact the current expression of expected relative value).
Each FX rate is the expression of that for Currency A versus Currency B.

Note the word Relative.

So while there may well be things to concern the markets over Brexit (to pick a random example!) there are significant fears over the future prospects for the overall Euro Bloc economy (for example Italy is bankrupt, German industrial output is falling dramatically).

So £ has things to be worried about.
The € has things to be worried about.

The FX rates reflects the RELATIVE value of those concerns (and lots of other positives and other concerns).

It is not as simple as Brexit=Bad, No-Deal=Worse and therefore £=doomed.

P.S. I am sure that many/most snowHeads understand all this, but clearly you-know-who does not.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I tried chaps.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dollar will eventually collapse...sooner than most folks think

Euro will become the Worlds Leading Currency..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nurse!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They need to increase the dose, he's becoming tolerant to the drugs.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
king key wrote:
They need to increase the dose, he's becoming tolerant to the drugs.

He's Dutch, it's in his DNA Cool
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never Buy US Dollars that is so last century..

Tip.
I live on the Gold Coast (CH)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A quick read of the easyjet thread shows that some people have already made savings for next year
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nicely brought back on thread
snow report
Bigtipper wrote:
Bigtipper wrote:
Bigtipper wrote:
martinm wrote:
Bigtipper wrote:
Brent crude oil price in $'s over last year

Still very low though.

Getting higher though!

Higher still!

Still climbing to new peaks!

After a crash, the oil price is getting close to reaching near term highs.
ski holidays
Smart Budget Airlines bought their gas 1-2yrs ago when it was at an all time low..$50

That is why flights are relatively cheap now..

It will not last ........
snow conditions
All time low? Er...apart from when it traded below $10 a barrel. And when OPEC had a price control policy between $22 and $28 a barrel whereby continuous trading near one level or the other for a month resulted in a million barrel release/supply cut respectively. And then again a year or so after it traded at $147, it crashed to $30-$35. Apart from then, you're spot on.
snow conditions
@Frank Spencer, how unkind of you to disprove stanton's garbage by posting facts! The village idiot is really excelling himself at the moment, still it gives us all a good laugh. Laughing Laughing
snow report
This is like the Never-Ending-Stanton-Rant-Thread!

Funnily enough ever since Stanton started this thread my ski-holiday total spend is about 10% DOWN for like for like ski holidays. That's using both DIY and TO's going to similar/same resorts at similar dates. This year my end of season trip to Lech/St Anton (BA flights, car hire, 4* hotels, late season lift passes) comes in almost £200 cheaper than last year on virtually the same dates. Always good to get to Strolz's sale and the Weisse Rausch in the same week.

Despite the Brexit effect Sterling today still trades at 1.16 Euro despite Stanton's claim of 1.03 Euro in his original post. FWIW... that's 10% HIGHER!!

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Hey @stanton, when do you predict the dollar is going to crash?

As crude oil is traded in dollars, would mean a reduction in fuel prices. That would help other world economies not using the US Dollar.

Cheaper fuel = cheaper flights. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
https://markets.ft.com/data/bonds

I am looking at the Eurozone yield curve. If instead of buying Eurozone government debt, you bought and held Euros in cash for the next 10 years you would achieve the same return. You will beat Eurozone debt at less than 10 years.

Latest GRY on Eurozone 10 year debt, 0.02%!

Cash could be a good investment in the event of deflation, like it was in the Great Depression. (1929-1940)

Next season is likely to be cheaper in Euros according to the yield curve, and so hold Euros in cash!

QED! snowHead
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:

Despite the Brexit effect Sterling today still trades at 1.16 Euro despite Stanton's claim of 1.03 Euro in his original post. FWIW... that's 10% HIGHER!!

Toofy Grin

Still in the second post our usual friends in the north were forecasting even worse. No wonder Scottish banks crashed bringing the world economy down with them.
snow conditions
@davidof, Same as Greece then?
snow report
As long as the markets believe a soft or in reality no brexit and now your Labour party backing another referendum Sterling will remain floating here..

Any Hard Brexit detach from CU & SM there will be a 30% (min)in its value against other curencys
snow report
'Any Hard Brexit detach from CU & SM there will be a 30% (min)in its value against other curencys' (currencies).

Over what period of time?
ski holidays
@stanton, please, please never stop posting. Whilst what you post is usually a load of bollox and whilst I usually don't feed trolls in your case the entertainment value outweighs your stupidity.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, Just how do you think the Greek government's claim for WW2 reparations against Germany is going to hit the Euro?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/21/greece-to-ask-germany-for-billions-in-war-reparations

(For sensible Snowheads …… I just threw that little gem in to the mix to get a response from Stanton)

BTW my ski holidays this year have been less expensive like for like than 3 years ago. I did go to the Taxi rank in St Anton to find Stanton and buy him a drink, however, my hotel's mini-bus would whisk me away PDQ.
ski holidays
esaw1 wrote:
@stanton, please, please never stop posting. Whilst what you post is usually a load of bollox and whilst I usually don't feed trolls in your case the entertainment value outweighs your stupidity.

The village idiot does provide plenty of amusement value at his expense. If he ever tires of driving a taxi I suppose a career as a circus clown beckons..... Toofy Grin
latest report
Still waiting for a time limit so i can bet against him
snow report
@Frank Spencer, @Alastair Pink,

Your all Fools living in a box

If you are drawing a salary from you 9 to 5 or did not make your gold ..b4 your 27th birthday
It is irelevent..

Trading Sterling is Great
latest report
stanton wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Does that mean you aren't prepared to back up your predictions?
snow conditions
@stanton,

Quote:

You're not your - only a fool would get that wrong

Quote:

If you are drawing a salary from you 9 to 5 or did not make your gold ..b4 your 27th birthday

Not all of us have a stash of Nazi gold in Switzerland.

Quote:

Trading Sterling is Great

Assume you get £1 coins mixed up with Euros in your tips at times

@Frank Spencer, he won't stand by anything - he frequently contradicts himself so he won't know what he's betting on!

Still it's amusing to watch
snow conditions
Well, really, the issue for a typical UK resident isn't individual tourist rates anyway, it the trade-weighted Pound. This is the £ weighted pro-rata against the basket of currencies of our major trading partners. Every day, the Bank of England calculates the TW£ and you can look it up on their website. If you're concerned about the cost of imports versus value of exports it's one of the key figures you want to use, and what makes all the '£ soars against US$' or '€ plummets against £' irrelevant (and why does the GBP always 'soar' or 'plummet'?). 24 hours after the Leave vote the TW£ dropped 22% and it's still floating down around -11%. Do the math and this made the cost of imports in 2017 an extra £82billion (compared to the TW£ value the day before the Referendum). And before anyone says - that includes the increase in export revenues from a cheaper £ (which turned out to be fairly lame, because, as predicted, once manufacturers had used up their stock of imported raw materials, they had to buy new imported stock at the higher price. £82bn equates to about £3800 per household (2017), although only £900 or so of that was direct to the consumer, the other £2900 was borne by industry (where the extra cost isn't necessarily passed on to UK consumers). So when people say "I haven't noticed things costing more" what they probably should say is that "£75 a month more is just noise, given my earnings and spend rate." More concerning in many ways is that £2900 per household that's being absorbed by UK industry. Underlining the truth of the adage that you can't devalue your way out of low productivity (which characterises UK industry and business).
snow report
stanton wrote:
@esaw1, please, please never stop posting. Whilst what you post is always irrelevant and whilst I never agree with what you say in your case your amusing head in the sand contributions outweighs your very low life style
snow conditions
The dominant bear trend is in full swing now ..

How’s Brexit going, you ask?

Well, the pound is on its longest losing streak against the euro in history. Yesterday marked the 13th consecutive trading day with a decline against the common European currency, with the pound losing 3.5% over that period.

https://qz.com/1626291/the-british-pound-is-on-a-record-losing-streak-against-the-euro/
ski holidays
@stanton, Parity? Go on, give us all a laugh again
snow conditions
esaw1 wrote:
@stanton, Parity? Go on, give us all a laugh again
Will be less than Parity
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy