Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
Well we couldn't have predicted that!

Our forum parasite turns up with a post to agitate just at the point of any interaction.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
View on £ vs either € or $ hasn’t changed , very little downside whatever outcome with more upside to come .Once we get more certainty I would expect the £ Over the next year or so to move towards1.30 vs € and perhaps as high as 1.60 against $ (perhaps a little optimistic )

Politically anyone’s guess but my moneys on Mays deal passing next week and cheaper skiing next season for all £ holders Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some more technical analysis from my chart man

Sterling/Euro (€1.1736) – the pound has also been gaining ground against other leading currencies and its latest price action relative to the euro is worth a closer look. As the weekly chart demonstrates, this pair has spent much of last year and a half stuck in a range, with resistance in the region of 1.16, but that situation changed last week as sterling rose by 1% and, in doing so, rose to its highest reading since May 2017. From a technical perspective this is clearly a meaningful development as it strongly suggests that a decisive shift in sentiment is underway. The next area of possible resistance is now at €1.194 or so.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 18-03-19 23:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rob Mackley, So what you are basically saying, is that Stanton is looking more like a plumb and quite frankly more likely wrong?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Your Day of economic catastrophe and reckoning is approaching or not....

No Deal.....30% drop

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Stanton here's a link from your favourite British newspaper - perhaps you should spend more time worrying about the fragmentation of your homeland!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/21/anti-immigration-fvd-party-wins-most-votes-netherlands-election
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
£ is steady this morning with mucho more political turmoil ahead still leads me to believe that most of the bad news is priced in and there are plenty of buyers on any dips .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

catastrophe and reckoning is approaching or not....

That sums up troll boys post perfectly - something might happen - or it might not

Wow - thank's for pointing that out

I'm going to get drunk and score tonight - or I might not
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just transferred a load of cash from € to £
Gained me more than a few beers compared to the exchange rate the other day. Plenty enough to get drunk on.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Is Theresa May still PM ? Surprised our Mystic Nigel has overlooked this near certainty.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@andy,

Good timing £ currently bouncing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BergenBergen, If I had a £1 for every time he'd predicted her resignation, I'd have enough to go skiing
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Additional costs for Non EU ..

If self Catering/Driving/Touri ng Summer or Winter.

No Dairy or Meat Products allowed. from outside rhe EU..

Fines are now quite high.

Buy your provisions once here.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've never known anyone take their own food from the UK apart from maybe their favourite tea bags and biscuits Puzzled . You just do your food shop when you get close to your final destination it's not as if European supermarkets are expensive (not unless it's in a high altitude French resort but that's to be expected). I've found the prices locally here in Tirol to be very reasonable even without factoring in that the £ has risen steadily against the € in the last 3 months since I've been here not dropped. Naturally I was delighted by this.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@VolklAttivaS5, loads of people on here take complete frozen meals snd things like rice and pasta
snow conditions
The only positive out of this Brexit farce for me is that my holiday in the 3 Valleys next week is really cheap. Flights, lovely catered chalet, even hire car all very good value. Must have been a lot of people avoiding flying on the day after Brexit was meant to happen.
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, Find food in France to be increasingly expensive compared to UK. We generally take dry provisions (tins, pasta, rice, etc) for the week and have in past taken coolbox full of frozen mince and chicken.

Of course chances are any deal will mean all of this will be allowed to continue with no change.
latest report
Anyone remember the millennium bug ?

A non event
snow report
Rob Mackley wrote:
Anyone remember the millennium bug ?

A non event

That's because of the effort that went in to updating everything, not because there wasn't a problem in the first place..... wink
latest report
@Rob Mackley, because thousands of people worked very hard behind the scenes to make sure it was a non-event. Yes it was over hyped and there were a lot of scare stories floating around, but an awful lot of people updated/replaced systems to make sure it was a non event
latest report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@VolklAttivaS5, loads of people on here take complete frozen meals snd things like rice and pasta

Is that because they are going somewhere in France though? I haven't found Austrian supermarkets to be noticeably different in price compared to the UK and I just put that down to the majority of Austrian ski resorts having excellent road links and lots of big supermarkets nearby therefore they have plenty of competition around. Unlike a small supermarket in Val Thorens for example where they can get away with charging over the odds.

Also it could be that they take their own food as they have kids whereas I don't.
snow conditions
I dont find france supermarkets that expensive.
I take some staples with me, just to make sure I have enough to food to go to the supermarket after 1st day of skiing
ski holidays
"Do you have any bacon to declare?"
Sad
snow report
BergenBergen wrote:
"Do you have any bacon to declare?" Sad

"Only this pig."

stanton "Oi, I was only hitching because my taxi broke down."
snow conditions
I didn’t do anything about the millennium bug and nothing happened to my computer. I always assumed it was Microsoft et al crapping themselves in case they turned out to be liable for a big problem and realising they would have to sort it out themselves before push came to shove.
ski holidays
@Gordyjh, It was more software packages for commercial use that had the issues.
snow conditions
@martinm, @Boris, your words about the Millennium echo just what my OH always said as he was involved with software at the time and said things didn’t go wrong because of all the work that went on to make sure it didn’t.
ski holidays
Well I think I will buy a fair bit of euros and francs now the xchange rate has improved in case it tanks again with a hard Brexit.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Pamski, this.

I and the team worked damned hard to make sure no-one noticed anything. Looks like we succeded.

@Gordyjh, Were we wrong to do so?
snow report
Arctic Roll wrote:
@Gordyjh, Were we wrong to do so?
If you hadn't been successful then maybe we wouldn't have so many bloody stupid accusations of "it's all Project Fear, remember Y2K" and similar nonsense. With hindsight it might have been better to sacrifice a few legacy systems so that people knew the threat was real, even if it was mostly avoided.

wink
ski holidays
@rob@rar, Smile
latest report
https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eur/11106-british-pound-vs-euro-forecast-the-levels-in-play-as-the-clock-counts-down-to-april-12/amp&ved=2ahUKEwj9iI6Q_LHhAhUCUlAKHZKdCh8QyM8BMAF6BAgJEAQ&usg=AOvVaw09gnujNnQSWdkYp3vWi0Zt&ampcf=1
ski holidays
@stanton, If you want to post links, try to make sure they work! Laughing Laughing NehNeh
snow conditions
No deal brexit looking the most likely outcome, and the £ is still at 1.17 Euros (transferwise). Thats 3% better than I got for the BB.

@stanton, Is your timetable on the same timescale as Judgement day?
ski holidays
@brianatab, No Deal will see a 25~30% drop in value of Sterling
snow report
Over what period of time?
ski holidays
Overnight
snow report
Ok, i'll take that bet
snow conditions
In the event of a no-deal brexit, i bet Sterling won't drop more than 25% during the next day. If it does, i lose. If it hasn't by the next day, you lose. Up for it?
ski holidays
Presumably this is against the euro?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy