Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
@Mr.Egg, you must be desperate to ski at Levi .....Or are you a langlauf person ? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Next year's birthday bash is the same price as this year's. Someone better tell admin he's fecked up
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
@Mr.Egg, you must be desperate to ski at Levi .....Or are you a langlauf person ? Very Happy

I got friends who want to take the little one to lapland
Myself would like to try to see northern lights.
So have the excuse to throw in some turns.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@martinm, that is impossible. VAT in EU country has risen.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Check out the thread stantit. It's in the events section. Then report back
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
@martinm, that is impossible. VAT in EU country has risen.

So next season will be more expensive, but only in the EU, is that what you meant in the thread title?

Newsflash: EU tax increase makes skiing more expensive.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rogg wrote:

Newsflash: EU tax increase makes skiing more expensive.

Except for the British Very Happy Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We’ve been lucky, we’re in Finland in a week and hadn’t changed any money yet but we’ve been lent 500 euros from a family member who goes to Spain frequently and so hopefully the exchange rate will get better for when we pay them it back
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why are UK Banks shifting trillions ££ to the EU ??
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Advice.

Open Euro or Swiss Bank accounts.

Ask your employers to pay into them..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Financial advice from Stanton Laughing

All you're good for mate is how to build a secure basement
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frank Spencer wrote:
Financial advice from Stanton Laughing
How lucky are we having Snowhead's very own George Soros giving us all this free advice. Laughing

BTW Did he ever show us what experience and qualifications he has in finance to offer such advice? We keep asking but never seems to materialise. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@king key, he’s s taxi driver - they know everything
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
Why are UK Banks shifting trillions ££ to the EU ??

Because €\$ exchange atm is quite stable.
Gbp is unpredictable & spikey atm
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@king key,Sterling will become less important as a hard currency ...

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 10-02-19 8:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Sterling will become less important as a hard currency ...

What’s your evidence of this?

All banks are moving currency to retain clients who want to trade with the EU under passporting rules. All banks are therefore moving positions / ccy to EU entities. However, they are all also retaining their businesses in London. It is widely accepted that London will still remain a global financial powerhouse for international trade - rather than being European centric. I voted remain and would love us to stay in the EU - but I also know that this country will continue to carve out a prosperous future for itself regardless.

So quite frankly stop your inane pointless drivel - unless you are prepared to back up some of your comments with actual fact. All of your points so far are speculation.
snow report
stanton wrote:
@king key, There is a reason im a Swiss resident for decades...

A very weak extradition treaty I'd imagine.

And your finance qualifications and experience are? Cat got your tongue? Memory a bit feeble?
snow conditions
@king key, qualifications are for the insecure and followers not forleaders or folks who made it & finished before they were 29...

The Pound is doomed longterm (Scotland independence,Irish Unification)

I can smell a 2nd House coming on the Zurich Gold Coast

@Drew Carey your another lost soul but goodluck
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Irish Unification

On which planet do you live if you ever think this will occur? Do you know anything of the “troubles” and what occurred. This will never happen. Neither the catholic’s or Protestants want this.
snow report
@Drew Carey, yes the troubles troubles troubles.....

The British Goverment involvement on the Island of Eire and failure to resolve 50yrs ago ....a bit like the incompetence right Now...

Reunification will happen ..

Sorry for drifting off topic..
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@king key, qualifications are for the insecure and followers not forleaders or folks who made it & finished before they were 29..
The rich kids of snowheads. Doesn't have the same ring somehow Shocked
snow report
stanton wrote:
@king key, qualifications are for the insecure and followers not forleaders or folks who made it & finished before they were 29...

I'm not sure becoming a taxi driver before reaching 29 is what most folk would call 'having made it'.

So if you went into a hospital and needed an operation (say a second frontal lobotomy) you would be happy to have anyone with a knife have a go?? Not bothered if they are qualified, not really that important? That OK with you?

Interestingly enough you are now trying to portrait that you 'have made it', yet still unable to explain what experience you have in finance. Does about sum it up? And please don't post anymore tiresome links......
snow report
@king key,

You come over as a angry stressed loose temper individual....Klassik English Gammon..or Whingin Pommy

We have very (proven) rehab kliniks in Holland which can help you get out of your insular bubble ..its all included in medical insurance ..

Good luck in life..
snow conditions
One minute our Nigel is going on about Switzerland then Holland - must be very confusing when you’re stuck in basement
latest report
At the end of the day @king key,
I ski all year ..donate to charity NGO's

I look at bigger picture .
snow report
stanton wrote:
@king key,

You come over as a angry stressed loose temper individual....Klassik English Gammon..or Whingin Pommy

Nice try, but I won't bite, you have done everything but answer the question. Now why would that be?

And who cares how much you claim to ski? Certainly not me.
ski holidays
Gold price in US dollars over last 5 years (per troy ounce 24K gold: or 31.1035g)

snow conditions
Its good to know that if I need macroeconomic advice from a taxi driver, I can get it here without need to jump in a cab. Are you speaking in Davos next year?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guys, you are listening to a taxi driver. Stanton outed himself on the Arlberg thread. Read the last sentence (I have bolded the key word):

stanton wrote:
@jw83113,

Night ski bus goes hoiury except there is a two hour break somewhere between 21:30 & 23;30.

Its cheaper to wave down a taxi bottom ene of town...near Murmel

Do not pay more than €10 .and.make sure you confirm this before gettin in.

Taxis from Rendlbahn will charge between €12-15..

If you refuse to pay at destination ..the doors are locked and we take you back to where you came from ..

...that’s not to say there are not decent people driving taxis, and no doubt many of them quite intelligent, but is Stanton one of those people? Your call.
ski holidays
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/euros-pounds-sterling-currency-brexit-no-deal-29-march-a8783591.html
snow conditions
Quote "Visitors to Turkey, for instance, would see £500 effectively stretch £98 further when swapped for Turkish lira compared to a year ago.

Those travelling to Iceland would get an effective £50 boost compared to exchange rates 12 months earlier." DOH
ski holidays
€57 visa March 29th a real possibility for Brits to EU.

https://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2019/02/20/gibraltar-colony-row-could-see-british-travellers-charged-e60-for-visas-after-brexit/
ski holidays
@stanton,

This is just not going to happen !

£1 = €1.1536 this afternoon. Getting closer to parity
ski holidays
I often do a holiday check every now and then to find the cheapest destination by month of the year. Turkey seems to appear at the top for 4/5 * hotel accomodation all inclusive during March, solo holidays.

I then wondered who would be going solo in Turkey all inclusive to a 5* hotel with gymnasium, swimming pool, and spa facilities for about £250 including flights, transfers and insurance (extra for baggage)?

So I asked in Answers to see who might consider it, unfortunately most of the replies were from USA. (so unlikely to be representitive as their costs of flights would be higher)

No females replied, to the question would you go on holiday solo in Turkey. It was a fairly even spread of males that said yes, and no, mainly quoting Taken 2 as evidence of terrorism near the Syrian border.

The government advice is not to avoid Turkey. However, be careful near the border with Syria and in big cities like Istanbul.

What do you think? Would it be safe for a week in March, in a 5* all inclusive resort in Turkey to a resort near Antalya? What about if it was a large US branded hotel chain?Puzzled
snow conditions
stanton wrote:

The Pound is doomed longterm (Scotland independence,Irish Unification)

I can smell a 2nd House coming on the Zurich Gold Coast

@Drew Carey your another lost soul but goodluck

Every financial tip you have given has not occured. You may have worked at a bank, possibly in a junior role, but so far your investment advice* is always based on hate for the British.

*term used loosely
ski holidays
Even in junior roles, I don't think banks would go below the bottom 20% of the IQ pool
snow report
Nigel is a Freelance Network Engineer who only works in the Summer, he hasn't much of a clue about Finance.
snow report
@Bigtipper, I've worked (Istanbul) and holidayed (smaller resorts) in Turkey. chances of anything bad happening are much the same as anywhere else, and (unsurprisingly) most locals would far rather tourists come and spend money, than not. Oh, and the food is really good too. I have it on good authority that single females certainly can enjoy holidays in Turkey, "gulet" boat cruises in particular seem to be appealing...
I'd rather do Turkey than, say, Saudi....
snow report
@Bigtipper, Turkey is as safe as most places, but the reason it is so cheap is that it is out of season in a sun holiday resort, which will be half shut.
snow conditions
@Bigtipper, Happens to be the anniversary of a trip we did to Istanbul 4 years ago. It's an amazing place. Facilities are as good as anywhere else and you'll have no trouble in the big hotels. As above, out of season so it won't be hot. We loved it, although the caveat is that much has gone on there politically in the last few years and I wonder if the "hipster" cafes and bars we enjoyed will be so prevalent now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy