Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
stanton wrote:
@esaw1, No Deal £1 will buy 85 eurocents or less if your very lucky

Today's rate £1 = €1.14 Blush
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think I will buy some euros today

Currently £1 = €1.1586

What happened to parity
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

What happened to parity

It joined a cruise with Theresa May "out by Christmas 2017"
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Tignes addict, Curses, bought some yesterday!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I got spending money euros last week in case it dropped even though we don't go for a few weeks, feel like a muppet, but at least the lift passes and petrol will work out cheaper if the pound stays on the up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Bought a load of £ recently with my €
One of the best exchange rates I've seen recently (since the credit crunch nonsense)
Still waiting for that €1.50 that anti-Euroists claimed we were heading for Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tonight the UK Govement just made Winter & Summer Holidays a hell of a lot more expensive for you guys...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stanton, Some years ago I think you were predicting parity between the £ and the €? I would get back to your taxi if I was you, although I'm sure you couldn't afford a London one.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stanton wrote:
Tonight the UK Govement just made Winter & Summer Holidays a hell of a lot more expensive for you guys...

How do you make that out? Pound may have dropped a bit this evening, but is still 4% higher than it was before the vote on May's deal (when I got mine for the BB Sad Sad )

Its still higher than at any point since the referendum.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If anybody's interested, when I got mine, I found cash Converters were only 1% below the rate showing on transferwise, and 3% better than any bank/ post office.

And no commission Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@PaulC1984, unfortunately for you are a Little Engalander Fat . Red Faced Gammon clueless in Economics.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton wrote:
@PaulC1984, unfortunately for you are a Little Engalander Fat . Red Faced Gammon clueless in Economics.

@stanton,clearly you haven't met PaulC1984.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:

So you are back rolling eyes

Don't you just wish for the freedom that the UK will have soon or do you enjoy life with a boot on your neck Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Stanton is just a russian bot from st peterbourg bot factory. I admire his tenacity when people keep ignoring or hahing a laugh at his/their efforts to keep trying with a mixture of insults and copy-pasted links
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@stanton,

You continue to demonstrate that you really are a first class idiot. My gran knows more about economics than you do and she's in a coffin.

So given your vast understanding of currency movement would you recommend fixed , floating or diff swaps if trading GBP at the moment ?
snow report
stanton wrote:

euro was 1.10 a week ago
now it is 1.14

Can argue as we near a no deal brexit that a lot is already priced in
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

Nice to see the playground tactics continue.

To address your points:

1) Fat, nope
2) Red faced gammon, nope
3) Clueless in Economics - ever heard of the expression Pot Kettle Black?

I run my own business, and also own a number of properties that I rent out. I'm not sure i need an economics lecture of your very good self.

Just for my benefit though, If you could kindly point out clearly to me where my holidays are more expensive over the last few years, I will take this on board...... nope? Thought not.
ski holidays
Italy officially now in recession, first European country in several years.

So how's Europe panning out now Stantroll.....and where is this parity you predicted? Maybe stick to cabbing from now on.
latest report
so this 'next season' thread when originally posted ages ago actually refers to this season - so anyone actually finding this season '..a lot more expensive'. No? Thought not snowHead snowHead

EDIT: Actually just realised that it actually refers to the 17/18 season!!
ski holidays
I think the real effect will come in next year when all the chalets staff have to switch to french contracts.
snow conditions
You do feel the hit when trying to justify a €7 beer at €1.14/£, and remembering the same €7 beer was at €1.40/£ a few years ago.
snow report
@Android2000, Yeah but your uk beer costs more than a few years ago as well. Sad
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
If you could kindly point out clearly to me where my holidays are more expensive over the last few years

I have to say mine was last Nov - but I went to Bonnaire which is not in the EU anyway and would have cost feccin' loads 3 yrs ago too.

This years skiing (the BB) is costing more, but mainly cos I paid for a Ryanair flight I'm not using and have private transfers and 2 extra nights accommodation. Mind you, I do get 2 extra days skiing in and no early starts, so you could argue that it's worth the extra few quid Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
king key wrote:
Italy officially now in recession, first European country in several years.

So how's Europe panning out now Stantroll.....and where is this parity you predicted? Maybe stick to cabbing from now on.

I would worry about the UK Growth because it is NOT Good.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263008/gdp-growth-in-eu-countries-comparedto-same-quarter-previous-year/
latest report
So where is this parity you talk of? Or are you going to finally admit you were wrong and a complete numb scull.

You have also very carefully chosen one quarter of a year ago as your 'evidence' of something. Laughing My son is an economist at PWC, if I want proper economic facts I'll ask him rather than a second rate taxi driving troll, I doubt if you could even spell PWC, let alone know who they are. Laughing
ski holidays
@king key, No Deal will bring £1 = €0.80 cents
snow report
stanton wrote:

Blimey, so gains of 20% to be had - I hope you're planning on making a few bucks. Oh, you're not actually certain enough to put your money where your mouth is? Quelle surprise Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
@stanton, Er don’t think so. Current sentiment from most banks / financial institutions is that a hard Brexit is most likely - as a result, that sentiment is already baked into the exchange rates currently being traded between banks.

Edit = will there be a further small drop, yes, 30% - nope. Nowhere near it (probably a few % at best). The drop after the votes this week are testament to that - as markets expect that the EU will say no and we will either; 1. Head for a Hard Brexit. or 2. More uncertainty as the timeline is extended.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 31-01-19 17:37; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Why don't we rest this thread till 3 months after Brexit (fingers crossed that never happens) then we'll at least start to see who is right. Assuming we have power to charge our electronic devices of course wink
latest report

….hope not, London will be full of bloody tourists zzzz
snow report

….hope not, London will be full of bloody tourists zzzz
snow report
stanton wrote:
So is that your version of parity? Shocked
snow conditions
@king key,

it your problem.. i ski everyday and life is Swiss Francs & Euros

Sterling is worth nothing in Europe
ski holidays
So is that the answer to the question asked? You stated the Euro and Sterling would reach parity (that means equal as you are clearly struggling with the concept). You then state "No Deal will bring £1 = €0.80 cents". Which is it then? Is it both?

You're not only the village idiot, but you're also the whole Alpe's idiot. They'll be arranging sightseeing tours just to see you.

"Sterling is worth nothing in Europe". Are these today's words of wisdom?

The foreign exchange is really lost on you.
snow conditions
king key wrote:
So is that the answer to the question asked? You stated the Euro and Sterling would reach parity (that means equal as you are clearly struggling with the concept). You then state "No Deal will bring £1 = €0.80 cents". Which is it then? Is it both?

You're not only the village idiot, but you're also the whole Alpe's idiot. They'll be arranging sightseeing tours just to see you.

"Sterling is worth nothing in Europe". Are these today's words of wisdom?

The foreign exchange is really lost on you.

he brought the national average IQ of the dutch down by so many points, they exported him to switzerland
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
@king key,

it your problem.. i ski everyday and life is Swiss Francs & Euros

Sterling is worth nothing in Europe

EUR sentiment is deteriorating at the moment. Most bad news about GBP is already priced in to the market and trading sentiment was fairly flat recently (i.e. ~50% long and ~50% short on the trade) but this week's poor EZ economic indicators are starting to influence people going long GBP. The Italian banking issues are far from being resolved (and indeed worsening) and as the current government in Rome is unlikely to address any of that this will continue to weigh on any potential EUR recovery

To quote ECB President Mario Draghi : “risks surrounding the euro area growth outlook have moved to the downside”

I would tend to hold the view from leading economists and indeed the ECB president in a higher esteem than a taxi driver from rural Austria
latest report
Think weve reached parity in the exchange rate of one Stanton Toofy Grin

1 Stanton = 1 amoeba

amoeba
/əˈmiːbə/Submit
noun
noun: ameba
a single-celled animal that catches food and moves about by extending fingerlike projections of protoplasm. Amoebas are either free-living in damp environments or parasitic.
snow conditions
Laughing Laughing
latest report
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/bankfurt-paris-await-brexit-boom-143903284.html

'no-one wants to go there' lol
snow conditions
Buy the Euro, Sell the Pound: Nordea Markets
Modified: Friday, 01 February 2019 08:45

Foreign exchange strategists at Nordea Markets recommend clients sell Pound Sterling as market have become too optimistic in expecting a resolution to the current Brexit saga as Prime Minister Theresa May is on a hiding to nothing in her quest to secure further signigicant concessions on the Brexit deal from Brussels.
Andreas Steno Larsen, a strategist with Nordea Markets - the Scandinavian lender and investment bank - says 'no deal' risks are "too complacently priced by markets and the GBP may suffer consequently over the coming weeks".
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy