Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead
vjmehra wrote:
@stanton, Eastern European’s tipping more than Brits?

Tbh for Europeans Brits tip pretty well

FAKE NEWS !!

Worse non existent tippers in Austria
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:
vjmehra wrote:
@stanton, Eastern European’s tipping more than Brits?

Tbh for Europeans Brits tip pretty well

FAKE NEWS !!

Worse non existent tippers in Austria

CORRECTION:- Worse non existent tippers for Taxi Twazzerks in Austria
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/brexit-drives-skiers-to-consider-holidaying-outside-the-eu/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, Yad Moss will be outside the EU after Brexit. Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The USA is not in the EU. They do not have free movement of labour. Yet when I went on a Crystal holiday in Breckenridge, the chalet girl was from Newcastle.

I suspect you will see the same thing occur in Europe, i.e. there will be no change to tip with.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
2 Stantons on one thread Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stanton

Excellent news.

So what you are telling us all is that the Brits are one of the worst at tipping.

Wonderful. Ladies and gents let's go with that, itll make this season cheaper. More change in my pocket! Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PaulC1984 wrote:
that the Brits are one of the worst at tipping.

No..

They are the worst
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whats the Dutch word for pish?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@stanton, can I quote you from one of your previous posts.

"Europe is not USA.

Tipping is not seen as a necesary.

Staff are salaried, social,pensions etc.

Tipping is generally small change or whatever you want to give but DO NOT feel embarassed
to refrain.

Service charges are very often included in bills."

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2806488&highlight=tipping#2806488

So which way do you want it you cockwomble?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ansta1, which way does cock womble want it? Easy....

They only way it supports his current argument, ignoring all other facts or opinions

And they say brexiteers were blind.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ansta1, Laughing Laughing Good spot.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ansta1, I do like a “cockwomble”
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ansta1, So stanton is directly arguing with himself, the village idiot never fails to entertain.... Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nelly0168 wrote:
2 Stantons on one thread Mad

Madeye-Smiley
snow report
we dont tip because our country does not have a tipping culture.
People in the UK dont have to rely on tips, In Europe they do, to supplement their meagre wages
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
People in the UK dont have to rely on tips, In Europe they do, to supplement their meagre wages

Some rely on tips, in fact taxi drivers are taxed on notional tips.

I tip in taxis, coffee shops, restaurants, cafes, barbers.
snow report
@Mr.Egg, @nelly0168, I wish I got tipped for the work I do. Sadly I don't live off benefits (Universal or otherwise), nor do I receive gratuitous monies from satisfied clients, nor do I have the luxury of a bonus scheme. However I do pay substantial tax and now wished I had pursued a career as a criminal. The holidays are better.

And as regards skiing becoming more expensive, so is coffee, petrol, wine, cheese, and a whole raft-load of commodities. As a number value (rather than real-price value) of course skiing has become more "expensive", rather like over-priced taxis in St Anton driven by glum "cockwombles" with a penchant for Brit-bashing.
ski holidays
@5tanton, Parity? You cockwomble!
ski holidays
@esaw1, the auspicious title of "cockwomble" is an exclusive term for glum Brit-bashing seasonaire taxi drivers based in St Manton.

5tanton is just a mirror-troll pointing out the lighter side of Stanton and his (frequently absurd) posts. Little Angel
snow report
My sincerest apologies!
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:

Thats why we p in your soup Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

But we do tip far more in the UK than on continental Europe (possibly not specifically taxi drivers though).

This is what is so confusing about this thread. In restaurants etc. Brits tip far better than Europeans generally.

Just a thought, but is it possible that when people pay in cash for a taxi they tip, but when they pre-pay by card they don’t as often?
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:

So that's how you make Dutch Green P Soup (aka SNERT! Wink I always reckoned stanton was a bit of a SNERT - as per this definition Toofy Grin
latest report
stanton wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:

So what you are saying is that those lovely people who work in ski resorts, actively urinate in food prepared and served only to UK holiday makers, or that they serve them leftover food.

Is that what you are really saying @Stanton. If so can you advise who those likely to do this, is it, local workers, workers from other European countries, countries wider afield or all of them.

PS. I think you may well do that given your hatred of anyone from the UK (that is, if you were actually employable in any fashion).
PPS. I think you've reached a new low even for you in terms of the drivel you put out.
PPPS. I would like an answer to my question above re :- "Is that what you are really saying" but I know you won't answer it.
snow conditions
@stanton, I'm in St Anton Christmas/New Year, please could you let me have your taxi/hire number. I'd love to use you and not tip at all, and bring my P soup to splash about your vehicle's upholstery, then rate your impeccable service as less than 1 star on Trip Advisor.

Even better, I'll rate ALL St Anton Taxi drivers as 1 Star, just to spice up the P soup so to speak prior to the EU losing it's second highest GDP partner.
ski holidays
http://fortune.com/2018/10/31/brexit-eu-roaming-fees/
snow report
@stanton, Still waiting for your PARITY!! You're a fool!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
http://fortune.com/2018/10/31/brexit-eu-roaming-fees/

Big deal. I used to pay £3 / Day for unlimited use in the EU prior to the free EU roaming.

I've earnt £3 walking from my car to the lift at work, who cares

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 31-10-18 22:32; edited 1 time in total
latest report
It doesn't matter because we won't be eating local restaurant food because according to @shitron, that even though they don't want or need tips, apparently because the pay and benefits are far better than anything in the UK market, the locals feed UK folks leftovers or failing that they wee wee in the soup they serve because we are bad tippers. I am sure those people who work in resorts will confirm that this is not the case.
ski holidays
@ansta1, Will we be akin to a pack of feral dogs? I bet no one is in line to sniff stantons bum, no matter how much coke he stuffs up it.
latest report
note to self.
Do not tip EU taxi drivers.
ski holidays
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-latest-spain-uk-tour-operators-contingency-plans-no-deal-eu-thomas-cook-a8620946.html
snow conditions
@stanton, I'm not sure what the point of posting that lini was. In fairness to the independent the text in the article reads well and is nicely balanced.

In summary Spain are worried about losing tourism, so are setting up contingency plans and hope in doing it visibly puts pressure on negotiators to keep freedom of movement. Seems sensible enough to me....
latest report
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/ski-chalet-holidays-are-becoming-more-expensive/
snow report
stanton wrote:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/news/ski-chalet-holidays-are-becoming-more-expensive/

Excellent - I love going out for dinner, so two nights suits me much better !
snow conditions
nelly0168 wrote:
stanton wrote:

The why not go out every night & support Local Businesses instead of short term seasonal economic migrants ??
snow report
stanton wrote:
nelly0168 wrote:
stanton wrote:

The why not go out every night & support Local Businesses instead of short term seasonal economic migrants ??

We do both - in fact we support ski shops - hire and buy, cafes and restaurants most lunchtimes, back to the chalet for grub then hit the local pubs.

Cant say we are not supporting local businesses = only thing we ignore is taxis as they are usually driven by ripoff merchants
snow report
stanton wrote:
nelly0168 wrote:
stanton wrote:

Because you've already told us they Urinate in the soup and serve us used food. Cock womble.
ski holidays
nelly0168 wrote:
stanton wrote:

what happens if the catered chalet dont cook food you like?
Thats why we could never do catered. Fussy eaters. Someone dont eat spicy food, once only eats chicken, one dont each fish, another has a nut allergy, etc.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy