Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next Season is going to be lot more Expensive!

Poster: A snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 23-10-17 12:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:
Here it is Folks in Black & White

https://www.pwc.co.uk/press-room/press-releases/Overseas-purchasing-power-of-UK-wages-22-percent-below-peak.html

So its not all down the brexit then.....

Quote:

•The financial crisis, the subsequent real wage squeeze
and the Brexit vote have all contributed to large falls in UK overseas purchasing power since 2007, far outweighing gains in 2000-7

our index shows that this is part of a longer term trend stretching back to the financial crisis

I still don't, nor do many people here recognise the 22% increase etc you keep harping on about.

As of yet I have seen MANY people stating little or no increase, myself included.

The only increases I have seen are in food and lift pass which have been offset by reduction of accommodation costs.

22% increase no, 5% increase more like it.

The report states 22% below 2007 levels, 15% below 2000 levels, but with inflation normally acceptable around 2% a year, 15% increase in travel costs since 2000 seems reasonable to me.

Not as black and white as you suggest then....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PaulC1984, You can take it up with Price Waterhouse
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Luckily we have far more purchasing power per head of population than the Dutch

http://www.gfk.com/insights/press-release/pp-europe/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chocksaway, IN Holland we pay significantly higher taxes for superior services (Social, Health,Public Services Pensions, Infrastruture)

We do not mind because "Everything Works" if you need it ..
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton wrote:
@PaulC1984, You can take it up with Price Waterhouse

Or you could read the links in full and make proper judgement rather than posting in the hope people are either gullible and believe you (Unlikely) or it resurrects your thread (for which im partly responsible for in biting and replying!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here it is Folks in Black & White

https://www.pwc.co.uk/press-room/press-releases/Overseas-purchasing-power-of-UK-wages-22-percent-below-peak.html
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If Holland is so fantastic and full of pleasant tolerant wonderful taxing paying delightful people, why do you make it a full time job trolling anything related to the UK?

Do you see any people here from the UK constantly blasting the Dutch (or any other country)?

It makes me wonder who is the racist (or nationalist), you constantly say the Dutch are so open and welcoming, so why do you do the opposite?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@king key, Hey Relax. Its only going to be more expensive thats all Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm not bothered, I have enough money to go on plenty of holidays, I would guess far more than you.

But I am waiting for you to answer the questions rather than avoiding them.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@king key, Money is nothing if you can ski for free Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Once again, I am waiting for you to answer the questions rather than avoiding them and replying with flippant nonsense.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@king key, Stop Whinging Inselaffe
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@stanton, just answer the questions. Insults do you no credit
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Rabbie, Stop Whinging ...it really is true why the Ozzys cannot stand the Brits ..
snow report
Once again, I am waiting for you to answer the questions rather than avoiding them and replying with flippant nonsense.
latest report
king key wrote:
I'm not bothered, I have enough money to go on plenty of holidays, I would guess far more than you.

You sound really nice. If, as you claim, the exchange rate make no difference to your plans then why are you bothered about the contents of this thread?
latest report
Dr John, I don't go out of my way to annoy and upset people.

I'm not financially impoverished so that makes me a terrible person now? If you look at my reply it was directed at Stanton's remark, where he was once again avoiding answering his constant onslaught against UK citizens. As you can see his next remark was having a go at Rabbie rather than answering his behaviour.
snow report
king key wrote:
I don't go out of my way to annoy and upset people.

You create an account, then log into a web site, then read threads, then comment on them accusing people of being racist. I'd say that's going well out of your way to be insulting.

I didn't call you a terrible person, I'm just pointing out that crowing about having lots of money and comparing that amount to others isn't a terribly nice personality trait.
ski holidays
Have you looked at Stanton's posts? Shocked

You can see what you want to see.....
snow conditions
@Dr John, Because he/she does not want to hear what is going on....
snow conditions
@Stanton. Once again, I am waiting for you to answer the questions rather than avoiding them and replying with flippant nonsense. You seem to be struggling.
latest report
Thread Title

This is not going to effect Class A people (many in here) who have money or were born into money those people would fall into the category of your English Selfish 50yr+ Brexiteer.

The impact of Parity & higher Prices will be on folks (Class B/C) who have been able to grow up going skiing/snowboarding & will now have to make financial decisions i.e not to go on Winter Sports Vacations.
ski holidays
Again you don't answer simple questions put to you about why you constantly post threads to deliberately insult and provoke UK citizens.

Do you see UK citizens making similar threads against other nationalities?

Now how about answering the questions asked rather than avoiding them and making snipping remarks?
snow report
Think this by the EU might have a pretty big impact if we stay in the single market ?
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2017/10/23-epsco-posting-of-workers/
snow report
king key wrote:

LoL LoL

Are you for REAL ??
ski holidays
livetoski wrote:
Think this by the EU might have a pretty big impact if we stay in the single market ?
http://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/press/press-releases/2017/10/23-epsco-posting-of-workers/

This is also called "Social Dumping" and its a great thing the EU is stopping it .

It basically means that companies will no longer be able to employ workers from other parts of the EU for lower wages for longer than 12 months. Workers will also be given the same holiday and other rights. This goes back to a 1996 law.
snow report
stanton wrote:
king key wrote:

LoL LoL

Are you for REAL ??
Show them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stanton wrote:
Thread Title

Which would be lovely, if the season that it refers to hadn't already been and gone Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
@SnoodlesMcFlude,

Well, which ever season we're debating, looking at skis this year 17/18, top skis have gone from £650 to £750...and top boots are now basic £450 upwards with accessories such as footbeds also more. At EB yesterday, basic footbed with boots £67.50 or without boots, £87.50 Shocked I'm taking this a sterling depreciation over recent months.
ski holidays
@Tim Heeney, Dont worry some folka still think its the same as last season ot cheaper rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
Stop being racist stanton. No ones said anything of the sort you twunt. rolling eyes
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
king key wrote:

LoL LoL

Are you for REAL ??
Show them.

Well where are all these threads from UK posters abusing non-UK members? Puzzled
ski holidays
Tim Heeney wrote:
@SnoodlesMcFlude,

Well, which ever season we're debating, looking at skis this year 17/18, top skis have gone from £650 to £750...and top boots are now basic £450 upwards with accessories such as footbeds also more. At EB yesterday, basic footbed with boots £67.50 or without boots, £87.50 Shocked I'm taking this a sterling depreciation over recent months.

I don't think using EB as a sense check for pricing is really that sensible.

The Internet is a big place, deals can be had.

I was able to pick up some Kastle FX95HP skis for 450 cheaper than RRP and they are still that price now (from a UK shop too!)

Shop around and you will find prices haven't gone up.

Boots I will agree a slight (and mean slight) rise on - boots I got 2 years ago, same model from solutions for feet £20 more now. That's normal IMO
ski holidays
@Thechinman, where does racism fit in?
ski holidays
@king key, DYOR dunbo
latest report
Wopper.
snow report
stanton wrote:

This is not going to effect Class A people (many in here) who have money or were born into money those people would fall into the category of your English Selfish 50yr+ Brexiteer.

Nothing like a good old generalisation.

So far Brexiteers must be:

- Unemployed
- Retired
- High paid job
- lower class
- Upper class
- Thick
- high level of intelligence to be in the best paid jobs
- poor
- well off
- a company owner
- not a company owner
- racist
- Generally labour voters

people with whom I respectfully disagree

- Students
- youngest voters
- Working class (but not lower or middle)
- middle aged
- a company owner
- not a company owner
- intelligent (but not too intelligent to be in a very well off job)
- generally tory voters

Only apparently students hate the tories, well off hate labour.

So many generalisations being bounded around and regurgitated without any for thought, I don't think people realise how much poopoo is being spouted.

Then those on both sides are called selfish for voting in a way that suits them.

Erm, well isn't that what voting is about - I vote for what suits me, my family and my beliefs - is that selfish, well yes it is, and anyone who votes based on their own believes and interests is - which would be every voter.

And for the record, I have money, my parents have money, but I work hard for mine rather than waiting to inherit it. I'm well educated, I run my own business, I'm 32, I'm a tory voter - and yes I'm a brexiteer.

I'm not thick, poor, or a labour voter. Im middle class, and younger to mid age group. Im not racist and I believe imigration / movement is a good thing. I should surely be a remainer shouldn't I?!

Go figure.
ski holidays
@PaulC1984, did you get (financial) help from your folks? Your not old enough to understand what a mess the UK & indeed other European countries were in before they joint the single market. The founding members of the EEC (Benelux) created this alliance to bring prosperity to all. The EU has provided more for you in your life time to make it better even if you do not recognise it.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
The founding members of the EEC (Benelux) created this alliance to bring prosperity to all. The EU has provided more for you in your life time to make it better even if you do not recognise it.

Indeed that was what the original EU alliance was set up to do...todays version of the EU has lost its way though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy