Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA stops the new Glasgow Salzburg route

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
BA launched this last winter and it was great. Sadly they have just withdrawn it. It's a real pity as it was the only non charter flight direct to Austrian Alps from Scotland (ignoring ej flight to Munich). Complete bummer for any of us who were looking to use it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Clearly not enough used it at a high enough price. I sometimes think BA just trial some of these routes but then realise they can't generate any business traffic so give up. Plus they get seized on by those with Avios to burn so I wonder whether they really maximise revenues.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sadly I think a lot of non charter routes will disappear in the next few years.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Plus they get seized on by those with Avios to burn so I wonder whether they really maximise revenues.

Only 6 seats per flight (apart from some special exceptions for high status frequent fliers) which is the same for all mainline BA flights so I doubt that moves the dial.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jet 2 do Edinburgh - Salzburg
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowdave wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Plus they get seized on by those with Avios to burn so I wonder whether they really maximise revenues.

Only 6 seats per flight (apart from some special exceptions for high status frequent fliers) which is the same for all mainline BA flights so I doubt that moves the dial.

That explains why I never rseem to be able to redeem Avios in the ski season..
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Dave of the Marmottes, 355 days before at midnight is the way to go... I think I've got about 50 flights on Avios across the four of us for next ski season including all the school hols.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Garfield, forgot about that. They are double the price that the BA flights were Sad possibly why the BA flight no longer exists.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Its a strange one. IIRC they announced this flight in autumn 2015 for the main winter season i.e. just before xmas until mid March and here we are less than a year later its scrapped.

Most of us up here have to be pretty organised with our ski holidays in view of the lack of flight options compared to elsewhere. I know that in my case by the time it was announced last year the plans and bookings were all made so it wasn't an option. I may be be wrong but that is quite likely to have been the case for much of its target market and thus it didn't do as well as it would have had they announced it even 3 months earlier before folks made other plans?

Having had a couple of years in the western Tirol we were thinking back toward the Salzburgerland this winter with every intention of using this flight. But now its been pulled?

How does it work in the airline business will BA have been taking advantage of subsidies/sweeteners either governmental or commercial, here or in Salzburg? Do they do this just long enough to get the cash?

They just haven't given it a chance, was it even scheduled to go again this winter? If so they have decided to pull it a bit early?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@robboj, could not agree more. We used it for hinterglemm this year and was fantastic. Great price, service and flight times. Was about to book for next year and my brother in law (who had booked flights for family at NY and 15 flights for his employees) told me they'd pulled it.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy