Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Toko Edge Tuner EVO

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone own one?? Just afer a review.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I look at this but decided against it as it is mains powered so not very portable for using at races. The Toko machine is actually a rebranded version of the Skiman Bravo. In general the Skimann version is cheaper.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would also be interested in the review of Edge Tuner Evo. Toko and Skiman versions seems the same. Lowest price I see is 249GBP for either.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, the EVO is a rebadged Skiman Bravo Sharp 7001. I sell the Bravo Sharp here for £229.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon have you tried one?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
francium. wrote:
@spyderjon have you tried one?

Yep. I've tried all of these types of tools & this is the only one I'm happy to sell. Better in every respect to the Discman/Edgetune etc with nowhere near the potential disaster factor. Like all of these machines they need a bit of practice on old skis first & proper deburring with an alu-oxide stone prior to use is essential to getting a decent belt life.

Hand tuning is just as quick & of course is totally portable as it doesn't require power but for those that really think a power tool is necessary (unlike me!) then unless their budget runs to a Snowglide machine (which are superb) then the Bravo Sharp is the best option IMO.

Skiman have recently put the price up just a little but the recent drop in the £/€ will increase the cost further. Plus for 16/17 they've dropped the plastic case & reduced the number of belts supplied with the tool so now's the time to get one at the old price with the case & additional belts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
they look interesting at that price point but I am wondering how well the belt works versus a ceramic stone on others... Im a fan of hand tuning but if I had loads to do a snow glide would be high on the list...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret wrote:
they look interesting at that price point but I am wondering how well the belt works versus a ceramic stone on others......

The main benefit of a ceramic cutter is that it produces a lot less heat in use which is a real benefit on very hard metals but on 46-48HRC (Rockwell) ski/board edges there's really no difference at all as the belt type tools run quite a bit slower than the ceramic type tools so in reality there's no difference in heat build up.

Higher end kitchen knifes are 60-65HRC so on softer ski/board edges it's really all down to what grit/grits is/are used however belt technology has moved on a long way in recent years so, if you're really anal, apart from just selecting a belt by the grit level required you can choose the type of abrasive as well. I also distribute base & edging belts to the trade & supply them in HC25 (silicon carbide), HA66 (alu-oxide), 777F (ceramic), HZ72 (zirconium oxide), 237EA (trizact) & Moonflex diamond belts - with each having it's own benefits.

For skis/boards the benefit of belts is a lot lower cost for only a small loss in durability, waaay faster to change & they don't shatter when dropped.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @Jon, good info !! Im not in the market myself but do get asked about this stuff so I try to keep up with all the latest gadgets.. It does look a good piece of kit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy