Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do this ski goggle survey and win goggles

Poster: A snowHead
dp wrote:
If these are not being produced in-house, and are being sourced externally - it would be good to hear from @SnowboardEmanuel about what QC procedures are in place and what independent testing is done at his end, to ensure the product being supplied is as-specified and meets statutory regulations. The Far Eastern manufacturers are well known for their tendency to produce a high quality product for the prototype, then cheap out on components once the big order comes in.

Thank you for your question, and I can understand your concern about the quality of goggles from smaller brand.

You are right that our goggles are not produced in-house, and I doubt that any of the goggle brand actually own the factory where they are being produced. We have partnered with one of the largest eyewear factories in the world that also produces ski goggles for many of the big guys such as K2 and Spy, and like I said in my previous post I am really confident in the quality of our goggles.

If you have any further questions or concerns you can reply this message as I am subscribing to updates on this thread.

Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@SnowboardEmanuel, Goggles look great and the pricing seems very competitive too.

Most people on here are in Europe. Do you only sell through Amazon in the US?
Do you sell replacement/alternate lenses?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
foxtrotzulu wrote:
Goggles look great and the pricing seems very competitive too.

Thank you! Glad you like them.

foxtrotzulu wrote:
Most people on here are in Europe. Do you only sell through Amazon in the US?

Yes, the Goggles are also available on Amazon.co.uk: https://www.amazon.co.uk/OutdoorMaster-Snowboard-Detachable-Colourful-Protective/dp/B014XKTAEY/ref=sr_1_4?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1477463563&sr=1-4&keywords=ski+goggles&tag=amz07b-21

foxtrotzulu wrote:
Do you sell replacement/alternate lenses?

We have not stocked up on replacement lenses yet. I expect them to be in stock in December. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I missed the survey and all the discussion back in June - I think we had a bit of summer back then.
Anyway, all the comments are interesting, and now the goggles are available for just just $34.99 - $29.99 with the discount - which seems remarkably cheap.
The real problem for me is not being able to try-before-you-buy.
Heads and faces differ a lot. Goggles, like helmet and boots, are very personal. Some fit, some don't.
But for just $29.99 i'm sorely tempted . . .

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 26-10-16 6:57; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim wrote:
I missed the survey and all the discussion back in June - I think we had a bit of summer back then.
Anyway, all the comments are interesting, and now the goggles are available for just $34.99 - $29.99 with the discount - which seems remarkably cheap.
The real problem for me is not being able to try-before-you-buy.
Heads and faces differ a lot. Goggles, like helmet and boots, are very personal. Some fit, some don't.
But for just $29.99 i'm sorely tempted . . .

You could always order them and try them on at home, and return them if you don't like them.

The price will go up slightly next week. We current price are a special pre-season one. Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow! You is quick, SnowboardEmanuel.
I had edited my post to include the Amazon UK price (£28.99), but then i've had to edit it back, coz you had posted before my edit was submitted.
I must learn to type faster rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm hovering over the purchase button.... what price are the replacement lenses likely to be?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim wrote:
Wow! You is quick, SnowboardEmanuel.
I had edited my post to include the Amazon UK price (£28.99), but then i've had to edit it back, coz you had posted before my edit was submitted.
I must learn to type faster rolling eyes

LOL! Smile

letsgetpiste wrote:
I'm hovering over the purchase button.... what price are the replacement lenses likely to be?

Around $19 or £15.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SnowboardEmanuel I have just bought these goggles and lenses but can't seem to find a CE or EN number on them. Can you confirm if they have been certified to the European or U.K. Standards
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Where did you buy replacement lenses from?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Online from the Amazon website where you see the goggle options it also show Lens Only options[/quote]
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I really question why people buy off new and unproven goggle brands yet turn their noses up at Aldi, Lidl, Decathlon etc stuff. Those guys have been doing their procurement of decent spec stuff for years (& I understand that Decathlon have their own design teams) and have CE certification etc locked down.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dave of the Marmottes good point ref Decathlon though in this case they do not have a goggle with interchangeable lenses.

There are no Aldi or Lidl near me and I assume that is very much hit and miss if the store has any in or not on the day you want to purchase.

They claim 100% UV400 protection and overall build quality looks good so will have to try them out this weekend.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spursfan wrote:
@Dave of the Marmottes good point ref Decathlon though in this case they do not have a goggle with interchangeable lenses.

Yes they do:

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/midbones-s2-ski-goggles-orange-id_8317051.html

and I think there are others as well.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So you have interchangeable lenses, but only sell them with one lens?!
snow conditions
I bought a pair of these with the offer, with blue lenses. Having had a week of variable weather in the Skiwelt in mid January, I was very pleased with them - comfortable, good vision, coped very well with the conditions, and fitted my helmet very well. The only problem was that at the end of the day the blue lens was a little dark for skiing down the valley run at 5pm, and having considered the possibility of doing some night skiing I decided to buy a yellow lens when I got home. Having ordered this from Amazon, I was somewhat surprised when a whole new pair of goggles arrived, complete with the yellow lens - oh well, that's a win... wink (and as only Amazon loses out, I'd consider this to be a small refund of their tax deficit)

The lenses are very easy to change, and can literally be dropped onto the frame from an inch or so away and will self-centre and align with the magnets to provide a good and very secure fit.

My wife then decided that the unexpected goggles would be ideal for her, but not with the yellow lens - so I ordered a "colourful" lens (14% VLT) from Amazon. Unfortunately, this turned up without the metallic catches which couple the lens to the goggles, so it was returned to Amazon and a replacement ordered. The replacement turned up today - also without the catches. Clearly, there is a QC issue with the manufacturing process, and it seems that a whole batch of defective lenses has been shipped to Amazon for fulfilment from their distribution centre.

@SnowboardEmanuel, any ideas how I can get a guaranteed complete lens within the next 10 days?

Photos below show the original blue lens with the metal parts, and then the replacement lens (still with its protective film over the lens) which does not have them.

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy