Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Edge & Wax over the Edge!

Poster: A snowHead
Well that all got a bit crazy

Did anyone get anything nice (and reasonable price) in the end??

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-08-16 17:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
a few ill judged last minute bids have left me with some bits and pieces and the Mrs has some very good value shiny new skis as well (x2!!!). Probably bid against each other!!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The administrators will get their cut no matter what. Good prices presumably mean the creditors will do better, which is to the good. Sad to see the business going under though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isn't there usually very little left over for creditors after HMRC have had their cut for unpaid VAT and PAYE?

Not that HMRC aren't a worthy creditor.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw this on the front page and kicked myself for not having it open but then reading the comments above think I might have dodged a bullet as I do go bid crazy on ebay (ok this is my maximum .... ok ok this is ... ok ok this is my last...)

Would be interested knowing what stuff went for, hope any one purchasing ended up with good deals
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
The administrators will get their cut no matter what. Good prices presumably mean the creditors will do better, which is to the good. Sad to see the business going under though.

Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Isn't there usually very little left over for creditors after HMRC have had their cut for unpaid VAT and PAYE? Not that HMRC aren't a worthy creditor.

The Auctioneers fee is the 15% buyers premium. The Administrators fee is £10k (plus any expenses). HMRC are owed £42k for PAYE & £85k for VAT so the unsecured trade creditors that are owed £700k+ won't get anything.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
djf wrote:
Would be interested knowing what stuff went for, hope any one purchasing ended up with good deals
I've still got the screen open with some of the final prices if there's anything particular you wanted to know the eventual price of.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Okanagan, Seems there are some naughty people out there though - Ive had the auctioneers contacting me asking if I'm still interested in lots that I didn't win as people are now refusing payment after winning some items.......!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
well, that escalated, i bid on three lots and won one of them (at a very good price probably because most people didn't know what it was) i did go a bit bid crazy on another lot, but after i bailed out it appeared two others were fighting for it and the price went up to £950 + all the add ons
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 16-10-17 17:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
That's what I meant about having to chase the money...clearly having to register a credit card did not mean it was a guaranteed sale with charges bring made automatically
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, No, as they don't accept credit card payment - on cash (upto 2K) or BACS - Perhaps some people though credit card payments were allowed like on ebay?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
if people had read the small print they would have known how it was acceptable to pay, it also states failure to pay will result in you never being allowed to register with them again and will affect your credit rating (with them) but i am sure they could put a big dent in your overall credit rating if they wanted to

the auctioneers made a bit of a rod for their own backs bay opening the sale up to everyone rather than keeping it trade only which has been the case in the past on some auctions like this, i guess they thought they would get more money this way
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wonder how many (if any) of those not wanting to pay were snowheads
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Mon 16-10-17 17:57; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
CEM wrote:

the auctioneers made a bit of a rod for their own backs bay opening the sale up to everyone rather than keeping it trade only which has been the case in the past on some auctions like this, i guess they thought they would get more money this way

Absolutely
snow conditions
So what did you get the 26 lots at? Your highest bid or the reserve price?

Not a lot of sympathy with the auctioneers -their own fault for not accepting cc etc if running it like eBay. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of overbid winners weren't muppets who didn't clock the Vat and buyer's premium.
latest report
@Dave of the Marmottes, To be honest without going through each lot I don't know. I know on some lots I was second highest, on others I was 4th, but those above me weren't interested.

I know I got the rescue accessories lot you were looking at, it you wanted anything.
snow conditions
@PaulC1984, just hope you didn't go for the Gecko skins rolling eyes
snow report
@Weathercam, helmets, skins and boots I definitely didn't go for!! wink
snow report

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 16-10-17 17:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I'd have maybe had a pair of 125 Compactors if I could get them at pro rata cost but doubt it's the price I'd nibble at once you get your cost recovery and postage.
latest report

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 16-10-17 17:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Mr P bagged a pair of 2016 dps f106 for £100... Blush with bindings...
snow report
@Perty, Boom, Well done- I steered clear of skis, but my god it was tempting Happy
snow conditions
He spotted them in the back of the shop..not with the other skis...I think they were someone's demo pair as they are a 2016-17 model- I don't think they were in the main catalogue or something - he's an auction regular and knows his way around a sale. He's bought some random things over the years...including Jensen Button's old VW Camper van "by mistake" (now sold on!) and, years before it went out of service, some old Concorde seats.
ski holidays
CEM wrote:
.....but i am sure they could put a big dent in your overall credit rating if they wanted to.

That couldn't happen unless they took the bidder to the Small Claims Court and were awarded a judgement against them. If the bidder still failed to pay the judgement a CCJ would then be recorded on their credit file.

What the auctioneers could do is try to claim the difference between what was bid and eventual selling price. They could threaten to take them to the Small Claims Court in the hope of getting them to pay up. If they still failed to pay the most likely course of action would be for them to then 'sell' the debt to a debt collector who may then be more inclinded to take it to court.
latest report
@PaulC1984, just wondering did you get offered any trancievers? Also interested in a wax iron please
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 16-10-17 17:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Hi @Okanagan sorry for the late reply. I was just curious more than anything had a sneaky eye on the black majics and the sport tubes, plus the backpacks as they were going for a bit quite early on.

Hope you all got some bargains, shame for E&W though. Thought they were a good store.
ski holidays
djf wrote:
.......Thought they were a good store.

There's a lot of creditors that would disagree with that statement. A business of that size that goes down owning suppliers over £700k that then blames the suppliers for taking them down was not a "good store".
snow conditions
@spyderjon, 700k is a massive amount, i appreciate things cost a lot but thats got to be a season or 2s worth of stock hasnt it?
latest report
@PaulC1984,
Turnover was claimed as 2.2 million
snow conditions
Recent turnover as stated by Lambert Smith Hampton was £1.7m.
snow report
@musher, large turnover for one shop I'd have thought even with their web sales. I've no idea of profit margins within the retail business but £700k seems like at least a seasons worth of credit.

Either way sad to see another independent store go. Just glad we have the likes of Jon, Tim and Colin around for the decent knowledge and service we need and want! (Can't stand the chain stores!)
snow report
PaulC1984 wrote:
@Okanagan, Seems there are some naughty people out there though - Ive had the auctioneers contacting me asking if I'm still interested in lots that I didn't win as people are now refusing payment after winning some items.......!!

Were the auctioneers taking "bids off the wall"? Common practice and legal,,,, if unethical.
ski holidays
@GlasgowCyclops, I guess this is a possibility, like you say it's legal and in a way is not much different from having a reserve I guess
latest report
@spyderjon apologies, I've only bought a few things from there and service was good but then hadn't seen that other side of things, agree that doesn't sound good and that's a hell of an outstanding bill.
ski holidays
@spyderjon, Did you get all your QK inserts back? Been to collect my boxes today and found a few sets of QK inserts in there. Not sure if they had a supplier other than you.

Morally if they are yours mate id like to return them to you.
snow conditions
PaulC1984 wrote:
@spyderjon, Did you get all your QK inserts back? Been to collect my boxes today and found a few sets of QK inserts in there. Not sure if they had a supplier other than you.

Morally if they are yours mate id like to return them to you.

That'd be great thanks Paul. Yes, I am the sole supplier of inserts. They told me they had them all but when they returned them there was less in the box than their stock list indicated. Let me know what I owe you for postage.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy