Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do snowheads do in the summer?

Poster: A snowHead
I went in 2000 or 2001 and then last year- and they were both amazing!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Reading vast quantities of books and drinking vast quantities of cold beer while soaking up the sun in the back garden, listening to Test Match Special and thinking vague thoughts about actually doing some gardening but rarely getting around to it. This is known as Horizontal Gardening.

Dare I admit that I don't spend the summer moping because I'm not skiing? I must be one of these Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just had the most weird experience....for some reason my computer logged me off snowheads and everyone became "A Snowhead" in "Snowheadland". The frightening thing is I could work out which of these was Nadenoodlee even without having the name next to the post.....do I spend too much time here or what?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Its a certain Je ne sais quoi- that I have homphomp,
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will be mostly playing Gaelic football. I had a game yesterday and have more bruises than a weeks skiing! Previously I told my football manager I had a business trip in Italy so I would be missing training, when I was reallly skiing (he wouldn't have been impressed if I told him the truth!). I came hope with a rather tanned face - it was difficult to explain! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
I went in 2000 or 2001 and then last year- and they were both amazing!

i went the year it didn't stop raining (but we were always in one of the tents so didn't care, apart from having to struggle through the mud bath outside when switching tents)
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was there then too Tony & Nadenoodlee!

Remember practically having to swim to get out of one of the tents, and a lots of extremely cold wet people milling about with those sheets of industrial tin foil wrapped around themselves....great time, Moby was ace!

Took hours to get back up the A34 to Oxford (where i lived then) cos i was so knackered! Not my scene much now tho, like a quieter life nowadays!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I will be golfing 60% of the time; mountain biking 20% of the time; waterskiing and wakeboarding 10% of the time; and hiking/climbing 10% of the time. I love summer sports, scanty clothes, and long days.

I have no desire to ski in the summer. I consider spring skiing marginal at best.

For everything there is a season, and as far as I'm concerned ski season ends when the links open.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Doesn't anybody on this site do any work? nolo won't even have time to sleep Exclamation
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
nolo, wakeboarding - wozzat?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim, it's a bit like waterskiing but on a snow board. You can jump off the boat's wake and do cool tricks. Or just fall over and get a lung full of water like I do! snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gerry wrote:
Jonpim, it's a bit like waterskiing but on a snow board. You can jump off the boat's wake and do cool tricks. Or just fall over and get a lung full of water like I do! snowHead

Yes, I've watched it on TV and like the look of it. I quite fancy a go actually.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sailing, tennis and drinking copious amounts of champagne at weddings...

and this year organising the social programme for a sailing regatta... thanks to all on the "other stuff" thread for their suggestions.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Blimey, what an active, sporty bucnh you all are. Apart from playing cricket every Saturday I don't think I'll be doing anything even vaguely exciting. Working a lot too unfortunately.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This summer I will be mostly changing job and moving house...
snow conditions
what to what and where to where ?
ski holidays
lecturer to corporate scientist, near Macclesfield to near Chester...
ski holidays
Chester, nice place as I recall and handy for North Wales of course
snow conditions
that's true, went for a scout around and it is rather nice - haven't done any walking in North Wales (or the borders) so I'm looking forward to that. Mind you, currently we can walk into the Peak District from our front door...
ski holidays
front door, Macclesfield ? Not quite, we used to to live in Birchover, that's front door, back door, front garden, back garden.....
snow report
Alan Craggs,

I was only portioning out playtime.

Wakeboarding is a new addition to the menu. It's a fun alternative to waterskiing, invented for those who can't. Wink
ski holidays
nolo, you damn right these Wakeboarders can't do it: they are up in the air , careering along obstacles , going backwards , or upside down!
But never on the water. Will they ever get the hang of it?
snow report
Tony Lane, and tomski01, you should come this year! Me and best friend Jenny are donning our fairy wings and tarty clothes and getting down to the matterley bowl all the way from Glasgow! go on! one for the team and all that?!!?
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee,
My brothers wedding in Cork was my first Irish wedding and I was pretty impressed although trying to kiss the Blarney Stone the following day is not recommended.
I have been to Ireland several times since and have always had a great time - fantastic people.
latest report
I refused to go up and kiss the blarney stone, trusting some old irish farmer to hold you as you lean backwards over a 50ft drop? noooo wayStephen Sadler, but hey the swansea- cork ferrry is almost as scary sometimes!
snow conditions
For any newcomers to the forum interested in this topic here's a link to a previous related thread.
latest report
Why not come horse racing in Galway at the end of July, really good craic the whole week and great buzz in the city.
latest report
Oooooo the Galway races, went about 13 years ago as a kid. Fantastic craic! Tons of superb people all having a laugh (i.e. pished!), although it was scary Shocked how much money people were putting on the races. I remember my aunts, uncles and grandparents winning an absolute shed load of punts on one of the races - Adrian Maguire was riding the gooser. I can still remember the racing to this day! I always thought racing was boring from what i saw on the tv but it was fantastic......must go again one day!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well ive got Ascot on in June but then i'll get to wear all my dresses again! Lets go to Galway!
latest report
see www.galwayraces.com

Nadenoodlee - Lady's Day ( at Summer festival ) is Thursday at the festival, prizes for best dressed ladies. Like Ascot but more fun!
snow report
Ladies Day always seems to attract the tramps at Ascot though, last year there were loads of hen parties wearing nasty cheap dresses, totally ruined Ladies day!! They were drinking jugs of pimms - whoe jugs with a straw"!?! I bet Galway is much nicer!
snow conditions
Yes, but I'm biased, I am from there! Galway is a far more classy set-up - see the pictures on the site. In Galway its either Budweiser ( one of the sponsors ) or the champagne tent. But the best part is the apres-racing with late openings, long evenings. I,ve never been to Ascot, but it is quite formal as opposed to Galway. A Snowheads trip perhaps!
ski holidays
Quote:

Ladies Day always seems to attract the tramps at Ascot though, last year there were loads of hen parties wearing nasty cheap dresses, totally ruined Ladies day!!

How terribly, terribly TPT!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy