Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do snowheads do in the summer?

Poster: A snowHead
So, when the snow has gone and we are faced with long hot sunny days, what do you guys get up to?

Me, i love hiking, walking, scrmabling & climbing. Really fancy some via feratta in the Dolomites this year...tho Torridon and the Knoydarts beckon at some point too!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good question, tomski01, . I'll be playing cricket, sailing.... may even do some work.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Accidentally did some Via Ferrata once - abovce Val Ferret in Italy. I'd love to do it again, but this time with some equipment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rehab
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rugby League is my summer hobby. I'd be gutted if I had to miss games cos I was going skiing, so the advent of summer rugby was like a dream come true for me!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Walking/hiking round the peak district. Have tried climbing twice....might give that another go. Would like to get round to doing some watersports - I broke my leg last summer on the way to go waterskiing Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm with Foxy on this one, wax the old girl up(!) and stick her in the loft for summer, recover from whatever injuries are picked up during the season and lay of the booze ( Wink )!!!!! Do the right thing and have a boring summer hol lying on a beach/pool/river somewhere.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Relaxing after a hectic year which involved moving house, renovation and too few holidays - especially ski trips! My garden is currently being landscaped so I intend to work on my 'to read' book list and enjoy my new garden having lived in a flat for the last four years. I shall also go camping, cycling etc and I'm off to Thailand for 2 weeks in September - yipee!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hill-walking and scrambling - though I don't get much time spare to do it Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski Bunny wrote:
Rugby League is my summer hobby. I'd be gutted if I had to miss games cos I was going skiing, so the advent of summer rugby was like a dream come true for me!

Surely that's just nuts, doesn't it hurt when tackled/tackling on the hard ground?

Me, I continue playing hockey in summer leagues during the week, cricket at the weekend and a bit of tennis thrown in for good measure. May even visit Milton Keynes for a few freestyle lessons over the summer???
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Climbing (not often enough, though), mountain biking (a bit more often, but still not enough), running a mountain marathon (anyone else doing the LAMM this year?) a bit of (bad) tennis and plenty of drinking in the sunshine (I hope). Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 22-04-04 17:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Visit pub gardens instead of pub interiors! Wink

Oh, and get involved in a couple of beer festivals, namely this one and this one.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Rowing most days (live by the Thames, a short hop from rowing mecca Henley on Thames and am regularly treated to shopping with Mr Pinsent and Cracknell in my local Waitrose). Cycling and, as a gardener, lots of growing, mowing etc. Oh, and plenty of drinking of wine al fresco! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
simple, just do this
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Long hot sunny days!! You don't live in Yorkshire!

I spend my Saturdays playing cricket (or sitting in the dressing room, watching the rain) and intersperse this with walking in the Dales, a bit of tennis, and some DIY when the distaff side gets a bit antsy about the fact that the hot tap in the bathroom hasn't been delivering any water for the past three months.

But this year, I plan to keep my cold turkey in check with the odd trip to Castleford (methadone skiing).
snow report
saikee, more or less right, but you need a session in the freezer first: Cryonics is the only solution.
snow report
I'll be doing a lot of astronomy, clear skies permitting.
snow conditions
The same as in the winter, but restricted to the glacier. A half hour "commute" to work is a small price to pay for being on top of the world every day - best office in the world!

Tony Lane, We have an annual "Maratour des Glaciers" open to all super-fit types, takes place this year on 18th July, which ties in nicely with the Tour de France passing locally, and the "Mountain of Hell" downhill mountain bike races 23rd - 25th inclusive. The first is for the fit, and the second for the mad! Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Gerry, so you won't be doing a lot of astronomy Wink
snow report
I play a bit of ultimate and ride my mountainbike a bit. And drink beer, although strictly speaking that a year round activity. I'd like to watch more rugby league (born and bred in wigan, spent my univeristy years in bradford) but daren't get sky...
ski holidays
tomski01, generally still in the Alps (mostly Austria) when I can get there, walking in the mountains, enjoying the food and drinking the beer.

Plan for this summer is to go to a glacier resort, either Mayrhofen for the Hintertux or Kaprun for the Kitzsteinhorn, and do some summer skiing in the mornings!
ski holidays
Ibiza!
snow conditions
One month (june) by the seaside with the kids, and then I'll spend the rest of the time waiting for the snow to come. I'll make good use of the fair weather (I hope) by:
Resting
Swimming
Rollerblading
Cycling
Maybe a tennis match or two
Lying in the sun drinking (cold) beer
Working (kotz!)-this wil lbe weather indipendent, though.

Laughing
ski holidays
Dreaming of skiing and planning next winter of course! To pass the time a little running, trips to the beach, pub garden visits.....might think about mowing the lawn but it's sporting a lovely range of dandelions at the moment so I may not bother!
snow report
One month (june) by the seaside with the kids, and then I'll spend the rest of the time waiting for the snow to come. I'll make good use of the fair weather (I hope) by:
Resting
Swimming
Rollerblading
Cycling
Maybe a tennis match or two
Lying in the sun drinking (cold) beer
Working (kotz!)-this wil lbe weather indipendent, though.

Laughing
snow report
Sounds like heaven Matteo,
snow conditions
Hey, Matteo....how did you manage that? Double postinitus with a time lag!!
ski holidays
Lying in the sun with the ski brochures, deciding not to have a summer holiday, and then changing my mind. A bit of mountain biking, longer walks with the dog ( via the pub garden), lunch on the decking. Gardening etc
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't really do summer holidays, except for weekends at softball tournaments. Usually Edinburgh (during the festival), Windsor, Kent and various ones around London.
Getting a bit old for all the running around, but the social side is great.
snow report
Golf,
repainting to out side of our Cottage (Pink, would you believe (The neigbours all use us as a reference point for directions))
Golf,
cycling out for pub lunches,
Golf,
beach BBQ's only 100 yards away,
Golf,
racing at Goodwood (watching not riding),
Golf,
going to a couple of shows up in smoke,
Golf,
watching the European Championships and Ryder Cup
Golf,
and weekends in Barcelona + Prague
Golf,
planning next season skiing trips

Ohhhhh and working
snow report
Slowplough, that gives me an idea for a new thread...
ski holidays
Sailing, every chance I get. And some mountain biking, but not on mountains. And long barbies with good food, good wine and good friends. And the pub.
snow conditions
homphomp wrote:
Hey, Matteo....how did you manage that? Double postinitus with a time lag!!

Question I don't really know, it must be something in my computer....oh well...
(actually I think I know, my browser must have performed the "submit" action twice...I don't want to say anything against it, but it's I.E.....)
snow conditions
For me its Mountain Biking. Only took it up last year, so this is the year to start going a little further a field than some dodgy routes through Reddish.
ski holidays
Planned trips are a wedding in Ireland in August which I have extended to allow some hiking in the Mcgillycuddy reeks (probably hopeless spelling) and a trek to Everest base camp in October.

If I can get away with it I am also looking to get a few days in Torridon at the end of May for my yearly pilgrimage.

I am also thinking of getting a tent to manage some weekends in the Lake District in preperation for the Everest trek (I know it hardly compares but as the trek is 16 days I need to get some consectutive days of hiking in before I go).

The rest of the time will be working and dreaming of my skiing hols.
ski holidays
Well unfortunatley I have to actually start working full time for sometime in the summer as I get 5 months off uni and the parents wont finance a drink fuelled romp round europe ( they dont understannnnd! )

SO i'll be going to Zante- with my two gal pals Jen and Nicki,
then
On to Javea for a break at the villa with a few days in Ibiza for good measure
then
I have free flights to use courtesy of work so i'll try and get another holiday in somewhere if i can

WHen im at home i'll be in Merchant City, Glasgow, getting very drunk on wine and cocktails, dancing in clubs, walking home in sandals,

Buying picnic hampers from John Lewis then waiting for a day of sunshine! (ha)

Having a bash at golf - or trying to nab the proffesional for my own devious plan

Arranging and hosting the summer end of uni bbq

Shopping - lots

Visiting friends in the UK (grrrr - hate driving accross the country- straight down is fine, accross= bad)

Having a go at some hanging baskets and plant life on and around my balcony

Ascot, Henley and then that bloomin music one down on the coast

And planning outfits, and arranging tan for my big big holiday to Cancun oooh so excited!
snow report
Oohhh Stephen Sadler, thats near where my family has a farm!

Last wedding I went to there lasted for 3 days!
ski holidays
What, at Everest base camp? Blimey. Razz
snow report
I wish- might stop them coming over here every xmas with illegal potato spirit or whatever it is! Alas my dearest relations are from Kerry!

Forgot to say- I shall also be attending the following festivals

Homelands- woooo dancey - love it

T in the Park- hmmm no camping for me- I shall be staying at a friends

Reading- because thats where im from and its the law
latest report
mmm, Homelands.....went a few years back and had such a great time that i daren't go back as it would be bound to be a let down. Oakey was a god that night.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy