Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Amazon Warehouse Deals

Poster: A snowHead
Heads Up!
Amazon are currently running a Warehouse sale including a Winter Sports section where they are selling mostly returned items.
Grab Yourself a bargain!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_58?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A3581866031%2Cn%3A318949011%2Cn%3A%21319530011%2Cn%3A3076655031&bbn=3581866031&ie=UTF8&qid=1463740983&rnid=3581866031&tag=amz07b-21
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thanks very much for this, I'm not seeing anything for me personally at the moment but wow look at the price on this smith vantage helmet £68 !! blimey If I didn't have one already I'd have snapped this up

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smith-Vantage-Helmet-E00655ZF95963-black/dp/B00YNK9SWO/ref=sr_1_90?m=A2OAJ7377F756P&s=warehouse-deals&ie=UTF8&qid=1463748166&sr=1-90&tag=amz07b-21
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some Bollé goggles in there too at bargain prices.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just picked up a couple of back protectors for the Jnrs. Good call @blueskix.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@blueskix, Good spot. Due to their automatic pricing engines, Amazon often have some amazing bargains, but these are on a new level Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've bought two pairs of Bollé goggles for less than £17. I'm tempted to buy the rest.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@blueskix, thanks for the link.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Damn you @blueskix Very Happy Now I've spent 50 quid on crap for skiing that I didn't need snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@blueskix, good man Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the link!

I've just been having a browse and stumbled upon something very important (and well discounted) in the Skiing > Maintenance and Care section.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_8?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A3581866031%2Cn%3A318949011%2Cn%3A%21319530011%2Cn%3A3076655031%2Cn%3A3076712031%2Cn%3A3076789031&bbn=3581866031&ie=UTF8&qid=1463765892&rnid=3581866031&tag=amz07b-21

I'm just not sure who to ski behind before I have to use it...
Any suggestions?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@flangesax, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fortunately there is nothing left I 'need', unfortunately they have the goggles I bought recently at a much better price Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@djf, how do the Vantage size up? I know I tried one of the display ones in Ellis Brigham and it was a tad tight, so I figured I needed the next size up - just can't remember if it was a small or med I tried!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi, @hammerite sorry for the late reply. I went for the large as I found exactly the same issue. I have got a slightly larger than average head though, apparently, so I wasn't too shocked but the med seemed to small for me, I went for the large and then thought it was a bit loose but tried the medium again recently and it was too tight. After a week wearing it though I love it ... and I paid £170 for mine

My wife tried the medium and it fit her fine same as all other mediums from other brand so for her the size was in line with the other mediums she tried.

For me though I went for the large.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I measured my head and it seems to be 57cm, which is towards the top end of med, might risk the L and return it if it is no good.
snow report
flangesax wrote:
Thanks for the link!

I've just been having a browse and stumbled upon something very important (and well discounted) in the Skiing > Maintenance and Care section.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_n_8?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A3581866031%2Cn%3A318949011%2Cn%3A%21319530011%2Cn%3A3076655031%2Cn%3A3076712031%2Cn%3A3076789031&bbn=3581866031&ie=UTF8&qid=1463765892&rnid=3581866031&tag=amz07b-21

I'm just not sure who to ski behind before I have to use it.

Any suggestions?

Stanton
latest report
Thanks for the link, got some Bolle Scarlett goggles for my daughter, Scarlett, for £5... Can't go wrong for that price!
snow report
@hammerite I've just measured mine and its 59 cm. The medium for me was definitely too tight but you might be on the cusp. TBH I think you're in the right place to pick either, besides at that price you'd be able to sell it next season for more money even if you can return it. Been hovering on goggles for that same reason
ski holidays
My goggles arrived, just need to check they're OK.
latest report
@djf, Jnr who has needed a bigger helmet than me since he was 10 has his eyes on this if it doesn't fit me!
snow conditions
Got my son a pair of POC Iris X goggles to go with his new POC helmet. £25 was a very good price as these are normally around £100. They arrived today and the only sign of them being 'seconds' was the box was a bit tatty. The goggles themselves still had all the original labels and were in perfect condition.

I ordered a POC Receptor Communication helmet for myself but that won't be delivered until tomorrow.
latest report
Well, nothing I wanted (as I said before) but Mrs. T just revealed she wanted some new Smith I/OS goggles for her birthday. None in the Amazon.co.uk warehouse sale, but some on amazon.de's warehouse sale (I was sure someone mentioned amazon.de in this thread but can't find the post to say thanks). I've ordered her a pair, I think...
ski holidays
ah man just been on the Amazon.de sale too and started paging through ...... thats the next few hours blown. Nice spot. Very very tempted now for some spare goggles.
ski holidays
@blueskix, excellent my Bolle Emperors have turned up, £13.07 well spent. Cheers for the link. Very Happy
ski holidays
Also as gaza, perfect, box a bit worn, but all tags etc
ski holidays
@Norrin Radd, Laughing Laughing
latest report
Back protectors arrived yesterday. Fit the kids fine - nothing to suggest they were anything other than brand new - youngest refused to take his off for half the day, safety first I guess.
snow conditions
Goggles are perfect. One pair hadn't even had the seal broken on the box. Other pair had been tried on but still has tags and protective seal attached. £17 (for two pairs Shocked ) well spent.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for the heads up, @blueskix. Spotted some cheap electric gloves and sent the link to my friend, who has bought a pair for her husband, who has Reynauds and suffers a lot, despite high-end down mitts. I resolutely told myself I didn't need anything!
latest report
Helmet arrived today. Fits perfectly. Only difference was the helmet was in the box as normal and the protective plastic bag had been ripped open but taped back up). Helmet still had tags hanging from the chin strap.

Current goggles fit fine too. Even though I ordered some Smith IOs from Amazon.de (should arrive in the next day or two).
snow report
Thanks very much for this! I absolutely didn't need anything at all. However I couldn't pass up on the Smith I/OX goggles, ridiculous price of £34!!! Arrived perfect box sealed, extra lens present. Result!!
snow report
Mrs. T's Smith goggles turned up from amazon.de today too - perfect condition with tags intact. Absolute bargain.
snow conditions
My goggles arrived today as well, tags still attached, box fine. No extra lens tough. Will contact Amazon to see if they can sort it as the description said two lenses.
snow report
@hammerite, that is probably why they were returned, but if it says 2 lenses it should have them.
snow conditions
hammerite wrote:
My goggles arrived today as well, tags still attached, box fine. No extra lens tough. Will contact Amazon to see if they can sort it as the description said two lenses.

This was my worry. My suspicion that people would return an item minus the spare lens maybe.
snow report
Exactly. I'll not fuss too much if they say they can't supply the second lens, after all brand new untouched ones are being sold for €140 more! But the description did say it would be supplied with two lenses so I've got to ask.

It's the lens for lower light that is missing too, which I feel is usually more useful than one for good light.
snow report
@sarah, they may of course have been missing the lens in the first place.
snow conditions
@Hells Bells, possibly!
snow report
Amazon customer service really is very impressive. Already received a reply. They can't provide a replacement lens. They've offered me a partial refund or to return. I've gone for the partial refund.

Trouble is I've only found one place selling a suitable spare low light lens and it's £50 for the lens, so the whilst I'll still have saved over the RRP, the bargain isn't quite as good as before. Especially when my old goggles go fine with the helmet.
ski holidays
Hmm, will be interesting to see what mine are like (think they were delivered today but I was out). They are also supposed to have an extra lens but I can't see the original listing (only the current one that has them at £128 rather than the £36 I paid :S
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy